Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

well lets all be patient and see what transpires...a year is a long time in football and whilst we are all enjoying the season to come no doubt gav and rhodsey will be making themselves busy finding out what they can and cannot do....

its not what you know but who you know and how much you have....thats a fact and anything could happen....

good luck to the guys....if they sort it we'll back 'em...

Originally Posted By: harry_up
Ok, this is my last ever comment on Edgware. Just my opinion as a supporter of over 30 years. I have nothing to do with the running of the club.

I was really, really upset when I heard the news about the club eventually folding after years of hanging by a thread. But I have a life outside of football and have neither the time nor money to put into a helping run a new club.

Well maybe that isn't strictly the truth. I could put aside some time if the new venture was to be run by people that I trusted, liked and had respect for.

By a certain ex 'supporter', I have been told that I should be ashamed of myself along with the other supporters for letting the club die. This is often followed by foul and abusive forum postings that indicate to me that this person is not fit to run a football club.

Just take a look at Edgware's forum today to see if you think you would want to be a part of this team. Not me.

The constant references to 'real' fans, implying that I am not one, just gets caught up in my throat, do you know what I mean? It just makes me feel a little nauseous.

This all comes from the 'fan' who flies into a rage when things get tough and goes off to support a proper team like Millwall, or Borehamwood, or Kentish Town or.......

I think I may have said it before but you won't ever hear from me again so i'll just repeat it, Gavin, Rhodes good luck with Edgware 2009 but unfortunately you will have no support from, as you like to put it, the 'real fans' of Edgware Town FC.

You have simply done too much damage over the last couple of years to the good name of Edgware Town, just ask the fans of Wealdstone, Sudbury and Brentwood.

You will, no doubt, carry on posting on here about how I and the other fans should be ashamed of ourselves for letting the club die, but i promise you I have nothing to be ashamed about in my years of following the club. Can you say the same about yourself Gavin?

Anyway, good luck with the new club, I won't be there I can promise you. By the way, just a little tip, why don't you actually just ring each other up, arrange a meeting and act like adults for once. Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but I get the impression you are both a touch insecure about yourselves and need to play this game out in front of an audience to help your self esteem. Yeah, you're probably right, it's just me.

thats an excelent post harry up but football clubs transcend ownership...at the moment there is no edgware town and thats hardly gavins fault is it (or rhodseys come to that)...I agree that gavin needs to keep off the forums and do what he has to do quietly and I have told him that today....

NL is better with an ET than it is without one...once there is everything else falls into place and I am not at all sure that either gavin or rhodesy are actually talking about running the club...just ressurrecting it and thats to be applauded..

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
I hope to discuss the way forward with Gavin this weekend however my involvement will be under the proviso that none of the old regime become involved such as Harry Up and Mr Gregory who allowed Edgware Town to die, they had their chance and blew it and now it's up to others and new blood to make a fist of it.

is this something to do with getting into bed with Gavin?

Originally Posted By: petethegreek

Will you be going for a hat-trick?

Petethegreek - One man's meat is another man's poison though isn't it, can I help it if your adopted Club Haringey Borough didn't want to be shouted about from the roof tops due to the sinister dealings of 'Sugar', he was afraid that one day it would trigger that knock on his door.

Well fortunately nobody has made any Norman Lamont and Julian Carey jokes yet

Ok, this is my last ever comment on Edgware. Just my opinion as a supporter of over 30 years. I have nothing to do with the running of the club.

I was really, really upset when I heard the news about the club eventually folding after years of hanging by a thread. But I have a life outside of football and have neither the time nor money to put into a helping run a new club.

Well maybe that isn't strictly the truth. I could put aside some time if the new venture was to be run by people that I trusted, liked and had respect for.

By a certain ex 'supporter', I have been told that I should be ashamed of myself along with the other supporters for letting the club die. This is often followed by foul and abusive forum postings that indicate to me that this person is not fit to run a football club.

Just take a look at Edgware's forum today to see if you think you would want to be a part of this team. Not me.

The constant references to 'real' fans, implying that I am not one, just gets caught up in my throat, do you know what I mean? It just makes me feel a little nauseous.

This all comes from the 'fan' who flies into a rage when things get tough and goes off to support a proper team like Millwall, or Borehamwood, or Kentish Town or.......

I think I may have said it before but you won't ever hear from me again so i'll just repeat it, Gavin, Rhodes good luck with Edgware 2009 but unfortunately you will have no support from, as you like to put it, the 'real fans' of Edgware Town FC.

You have simply done too much damage over the last couple of years to the good name of Edgware Town, just ask the fans of Wealdstone, Sudbury and Brentwood.

You will, no doubt, carry on posting on here about how I and the other fans should be ashamed of ourselves for letting the club die, but i promise you I have nothing to be ashamed about in my years of following the club. Can you say the same about yourself Gavin?

Anyway, good luck with the new club, I won't be there I can promise you. By the way, just a little tip, why don't you actually just ring each other up, arrange a meeting and act like adults for once. Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but I get the impression you are both a touch insecure about yourselves and need to play this game out in front of an audience to help your self esteem. Yeah, you're probably right, it's just me.

So its clear to me that you are one of either Vale (Simon) who has followed the club for 30 years, lives out in East London and has publically said on the Edgware forum you are going to follow Leyton FC from now onwards.

Samuel Smiles (Chris) a 'man' who gets upset at any foul langague and lacks any passion whatsoever, and has moved to Leighton NOT Leyton and is going to follow them.

The other two are Bramley (Mick) a friend of mine who I doubt very much has posted the above seeing he is NOT a fan of 30 years he saw his first match over 50 years ago, but only just retruned to watching the club two years ago.

The last is PJ (Peter) who gave my friend and I lifts to matches, he has been a supporter for over 50 years as well so that counts him out, plus the last two would not hide behind false screenames.

I have a feeling that Vale would tell it like it is (could be wrong) so Chris AKA Samule Smiles I think that leaves you as the weakest link...whichever one of you two gutless people it is...you have proved yourself to be not worthy to support any future Edgware football club.

As for the Edgware forum it needed shaking up, I wonder if gregory will delete all the threads...stupid question really!

Gavin - The early bird catches the worm and that's what I like to see, a post from the heart at 02.00am whilst others sleep cosily in their beds. As you said in your PM lets get around the table sometime next month and thrash out the way forward, we can cherry pick people to come into bed with us from each of our little black books and simply put the bad old days of Harry Up and Mr Gregory behind us forever, lets rock and roll.

Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but I get the impression you are both a touch insecure about yourselves and need to play this game out in front of an audience to help your self esteem.

Think you are probably correct there. One of the people is very (probably over) passionate about the subject. The other is just in it for the self publicity. If they were serious they would have already met up - not be thinking about doing it sometime next month. I almost feel sorry for Gavin.

And if they think

Ok ladies and gents. This thread is now the Edgware sub-forum. All Edgware chat to go on here please in order to keep it all in one place. At some time in the future Rhodesy or Gav may need Ian to create a forum for Edgware on here. Until such time this is a home provided for them.

Non-Edgware stuff will be deleted from here and similarly Edgware stuff on other threads will be deleted or moved to here. Ta!

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Think you are probably correct there. One of the people is very (probably over) passionate about the subject. The other is just in it for the self publicity. If they were serious they would have already met up - not be thinking about doing it sometime next month. I almost feel sorry for Gavin.
And if they think

best of luck to edgware, but as mentioned earlier. how will the fa be convinced that the new club is linked to the old club when they will be playing at a different ground, with different players and management team and if the deeply bitter harry up is to be believed, no fans? the only link seems to be the name edgware.

is a shame there is so much bitterness and derision aimed at what seems on face value to be a genuine attempt to resurrect non league football.

good luck to everyone.

Originally Posted By: and1inthetree
how will the fa be convinced that the new club is linked to the old club when they will be playing at a different ground, with different players and management team

Just leave that to me, I'll have a word with Lord Triesman and Sir Trevor Brooking, it's not what you know it's who you know.

Originally Posted By: HTFCew

Maybe it's just me, I don't know, but I get the impression you are both a touch insecure about yourselves and need to play this game out in front of an audience to help your self esteem.

And if they think

Originally Posted By: Wader
Ok ladies and gents. This thread is now the Edgware sub-forum. All Edgware chat to go on here please in order to keep it all in one place. At some time in the future Rhodesy or Gav may need Ian to create a forum for Edgware on here. Until such time this is a home provided for them.

Non-Edgware stuff will be deleted from here and similarly Edgware stuff on other threads will be deleted or moved to here. Ta!

Excellent thank you smile

Originally Posted By: and1inthetree
best of luck to edgware, but as mentioned earlier. how will the fa be convinced that the new club is linked to the old club when they will be playing at a different ground, with different players and management team and if the deeply bitter harry up is to be believed, no fans? the only link seems to be the name edgware.

is a shame there is so much bitterness and derision aimed at what seems on face value to be a genuine attempt to resurrect non league football.

good luck to everyone.

What level did Enfield Town start at was it step 6 or 7 or higher? Enfield Town had nothing whatsoever do with the 'old' Enfield who were still going at the time and are now called Enfield 18...? and play in the ESL.

Would you not think that the SSML would welcome a club called 'Edgware' back into the fold in what will be just 3 short years after they won an unprecedented treble in the Premier Divsion.

I am not saying they will allow us to compete at the premier level but step 6 Div 1 does not seem unreasonble if we get a decent groundshare worked out.

Originally Posted By: Banned Fan
I am a little upset by your posst 'Elaine' as someone who I have spoken to in person in the past I thought you would have understood what we are trying to do here.

Gavin - Yes my sentiments exactly, I thought that of all the members on this Forum we could have called on HTFCew's support rather than ridicule. Don't worry I'm with you all the way on this project, afterall there are no 'Sugar's' or Gregory's of this World standing in the way of progress this time so between us we cannot fail to produce the goods.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Mrs Keeps - You know perfectly well that my post was directed at Keeper No.1 in response to his post above and I wasn't turning my nose up at Uncle Urchin's extremely generous offer which was made on another thread, Gavin and me don't need your husband's ill gotten gains to get Edgware 2008 off the ground.

Rhodes can you substantiate this claim?