Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

Rhodes, speaking as someone who wants to play a part in this exciting venture, I would advise you to go on a bit on a charm offensive to build some bridges rather than antagonise certain members on here ! Lets forget about all the sniping & look forward !

Syd Lexik - As you are relatively new to the Forum you may not be aware that some members are not what they seem and have hidden agenda's, these include Football Man, Spidermanor, Keeper No.1 and Mrs Keeps to name just four, rest assured that these people are hell bent on seeing us fail, almost as much as Harry Up and Mr Gregory.

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic
Rhodes, speaking as someone who wants to play a part in this exciting venture, I would advise you to go on a bit on a charm offensive to build some bridges rather than antagonise certain members on here ! Lets forget about all the sniping & look forward !

I don't think he's capable of letting go of the sniping though. He seems to be using his "involvment" to have a go at anyone connected with the old Edgware, paricularly Mr Gregory, who he has never met as far as I know, and probably never even heard of before Gavin mentioned him.

As far as winning friends and influencing people on here goes, Rhodes seems to be hell bent on doing the opposite and making himself a liability to Gavin's cause when he could be an asset.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Syd Lexik - As you are relatively new to the Forum you may not be aware that some members are not what they seem and have hidden agenda's, these include Football Man, Spidermanor, Keeper No.1 and Mrs Keeps to name just four, rest assured that these people are hell bent on seeing us fail, almost as much as Harry Up and Mr Gregory.

I doubt if it's a case that they want to see Edgware FC fail. More a case of seeing you fail. If this is true ignore them & don't give them more ammo !

HTFCew - That's not fair to say I am making myself a liability, indeed I came quite close to including you in the list of members who would like to see the project fail. Rest assured that I will do all I can to help get Edgware 2009 off the ground and support Gavin every step of the way who we all know can go off the rails if provoked should the likes of Browndog raise his ugly head again.

I have been banned Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz again from the Edgware forum. Yesterday I posted several replies to threads NONE were abusive, just telling it like it is, specially to a number of Edgware 'fans' who are rejoicing in watching Leyton play next season both home and away, how these so called supporters can just decamp to a club they have no connection with other then the fact that the entire team is made from Edgware players I dont know!

Anway, it's not a surprise, gregory is a small minded man who's only power is to ban the one person who could have helped to take the club forward..ie ME!

I think what is really getting his back up is that I am doing something positive about reclalming an Edgware team whereas he has stated on the forum that he is looking forward to catching up with old pals whilst watching Leyton next season, the shame of the man never ceases to amaze me.

He has been voted in a poll on my blog the second highest for the reason that Edgware folded....and I have only voted ONCE!

I better watch myself though because he may phone me up again or leave abusive messages on my phone which offer to in his words 'give me a slap' and 'come over and sort me out' ....the thought of him coming over to my home and shouting the odds makes me laugh, more so when the police would be carting off him in a van LOL

That said steve newing (Non League Today voted him 38th best manager in non league football in yesterdays paper...so why end up at Leyton?) sent me text message which said 'come to the White Lion Ground now and I will sort you out' after I sent him my best wishes folling their defeat at Ware on the final day which ruled them out of the playoffs.

One thing for sure WHEN we get Edgware back up and running gregory WONT be welcome and should he show his face I WILL show him the door !!!!!!

This is the best he can come up with....

"GOODBYE TO THE WHITE LION

We will be having a farewell drink at the White Lion on

Saturday 5th July KO 8pm.

All players, ex-players, supporters and friends of the club are invited to say a last goodbye. "

SAYS IT ALL REALLY!!!!!

Lets get pis

Originally Posted By: syd_lexic

Rhodes and I are not the two most liked of people, online, in person I am sure we would charm the pants off you, but I do admit that once behind a keyboard we do lack a certain self control LOL.

Anyway, I agree with 'syd' and think that its best to keep the 'sniping' to a mininum and lets get on with the real task which is to make this project a success.

well said gavin. from a watchers point of view, it seems that nf, keeps and mrs keeps and rhodes are all as guilty as each other of not being able to let a post go by without a snipe or some other comment. everyone seems to want the last word.

cue : butt out, you don't know the history etc.

don't care. am geniunely interested in the ideas for the resurrection of edgware. that's all.

Originally Posted By: and1inthetree
it seems that nf, keeps and mrs keeps and rhodes are all as guilty as each other of not being able to let a post go by without a snipe or some other comment

Since the Keeps clan started to post on the Forum it has gone downhill fast and I have seriously considered walking away, you can count the times that they have posted about football on one hand and it is all pointless nonsense and sniping, I'm not the only one to have picked up on this and stalwart posters such as Uncle Urchin and Urchin Mentalist in particular had to intervene.

Originally Posted By: and1inthetree
it seems that nf, keeps and mrs keeps and rhodes are all as guilty as each other of not being able to let a post go by without a snipe or some other comment

and I have seriously considered walking away,

Dont go Rhodes...where else would we get all the facts on 'bent' chairmen and imminent managerial appointments at national level,not to mention the fruitful news on the allotments.

I don't hate you, far from it but can I ask why a business woman, wife and mother would want to waste her time posting on a football forum all hours of the day as clearly you don't know the first thing about the beautiful game and your only connection is that your son is a budding goalkeeper. Why not just withdraw gracefully say your goodbyes to the likes of Willow the Cat and Nellie and leave.

Wader - Hector isn't overly keen to have his name splashed all over the Forum as he likes to keep a low profile however he is doing well and looking forward to the exciting challenge ahead in turning around the fortunes of the most famous amateur Club in the World. I'll certainly be going to the pre-season friendly with Canvey Island and hope to catch up with Paula at Park Lane if she's about.

I'm always about!
I'll be there come rain or shine. Missed a few games last season for one reason or another, won't be doing the same this season.

Why would I want to turn up to a 'wake' for Edgware Town FC when those in charge can do little more then have a piss up rather then put anything postive together to save the old club or raise a new club.

I am sure he who thinks he is in charge would uphold my 'ban' and besides I will be sunning myself on a beach in the Caribbean on that day smile

No doubt the main topic of coversation will be the prospect of Edgware (2009) FC and the impact we will make on the football world this time next year!!!!

AS for the 'fat bird' how is your sister these days ?

all the players and supporters that are going.....

Would that be the Leyton FC players and the supporter of Leyton FC because Edgware dont have any fans anymore the few they had have decamped to Leyton..how about you Bilbo, you going to watch Leyton?

Bilbo - I think that's told you, why not lay off Gavin and wish him all the best with the exciting Edgware 2009 venture.

Could this be our first ever fixture????

Pre Season 08/09

METROPOLITAN POLICE BUSHEY FC

PRE SEASON 2008 / 09

DATE

OPPOSITION

KICK OFF

14/06/08 EDGWARE TOWN 2pm

Result....Last game Seen: 14/6/08 Met Police Bushey 2 Edgware Town 3 - Friendly

New Ground (): MET POLICE BUSHEY 2 Edgware Town 3 - Friendly

True to form there was no mention of this match in the local paper or the Edgware website, says it all really, specially as it appears that the match was to raise funds for Del Deauns. The match at the WLG attracted a crowd of 1400 (most of them friends and family and those wanting to watch ex pros play) Why choose Met Police Bushey as opponents to raise funds by playing Edgware, again lack of foresight, surely more attractive (no dissrespect to Met Police Bushey) could have been found to raise more awareness.

Dont quite know how they work that one out, I found the link from a thread on anothers site...hee is the link it

mentions Edgware and 'a fan who wants to revive the old club'

http://www.nlpl.co.uk/forum/gforum.cgi?post=103243;search_string=Edgware;guest=#103243