Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Edgware Sub-Forum

Originally Posted By: Banned Fan
Still being a prize dick NF, you really have nothing to say do you!

Unfortunately only third prize at best I reckon...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
the one thing that being involved in professional and NL football for 45 years has taught me keeps is that nothing is ever a walk in the park....

another thing I have learned in the 8 years since these forums evolved is that running football clubs from behind keyboards is easy...actually doing it is a little more difficult...lets give the two lads a chance and see what they come up with and good luck to them I say....

i couldnt agree more uncs
that is why in all walks of life the sensible thing is to keep to what you know best.
now if you want to invest in a nice little commercial deal on a

Originally Posted By: k33per No.1
between us i dont think we will be able to give Rhodes enough to cover his groundshare
laugh

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was always that the Chairman was in place to fund a Football Club and pay the bills and was usually wealthy enough through his own business interests to do so if his Club was not self funding.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes

Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding was always that the Chairman was in place to fund a Football Club and pay the bills and was usually wealthy enough through his own business interests to do so if his Club was not self funding.

Not many of those around at this level though unfortunately. Most clubs have to fund themselves through bar income etc to pay the bills. The best Chairmen are those with contacts who are able to get money from the local community. I remember years ago the Oxford City Chairman telling me he spent all summer on the phone getting sponsors until he had reached

Originally Posted By: HTFCew
Not many of those around at this level though unfortunately

Mmm, I've noticed!

my understanding was always that the Chairman was in place to fund a Football Club and pay the bills and was usually wealthy enough through his own business interests to do so if his Club was not self funding.

ah the good old days rhodsey....if only.....trouble is that in todays NL world with its diminishing fan base chairmen who are prepared to do that are few and far between...and no club at levels 4 - 1 is self financing...

chairmen who are prepared to do that are few and far between...and no club at levels 4 - 1 is self financing...

Yes that's my point, they delight in holding the heady title of 'Chairman' so they can shout about it from the roof tops but recoil in horror at the idea of putting their hand in their pocket, surely the two should go hand in hand.

chairmen who are prepared to do that are few and far between...and no club at levels 4 - 1 is self financing...

Yes that's my point, they delight in holding the heady title of 'Chairman' so they can shout about it from the roof tops but recoil in horror at the idea of putting their hand in their pocket, surely the two should go hand in hand.

Rhodes surely you know by now.....man with hand in pocket always feeling....

its not that simple rhodsey....you use the word 'they' very liberally when in fact most NL Chairmen are hard working decent people who do whatever they can for the clubs they are involved with....a lot of chairmen are low profile and are only in the chair through a sense of community spirit because no one else will do it...yes there are a few spivs around but a very small percentage believe you me...

its okay to knock it but when you've tried it the reality sinks in....no thanks from anyone and little support from the community or local authorities...

yes there are a few spivs around

Uncle Urchin - I'm glad you said it but I certainly know one

Well isn't that obvious

Rhodes, how many times - give it a rest

Your libelous comments are getting laborious

Put your best efforts into your project & leave the bitching out, take all the good advice UU, Horace and others are offering, stop with the contentious posts and you never know you just might have something to be proud of at the end of the day

................and don't forget to use the smileys in your posts - softens the blow!

grin

x

Originally Posted By: Mrs Keeps
you never know you just might have something to be proud of at the end of the day

That's just what you're dreading isn't it, you would hate to see Gavin and me make a success of the project

You and your husband would like nothing better than to see us fall flat on our faces, go on admit it!