Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Updates

Chris1

I hope the pessimists are feeling more positive after todays result.We can and will avoid relegation.

We could have been 3-0 up in the first 10 minutes and it could easily have been 4-1 at half time.We were the better team throughout although they did counter attack in some dangerous spells.Our passing and tackling were much better and our defensive headers in the box were a big improvement.

BA made a few changes

Butcher had a good game in goal,he didn't have a great deal to do but he made a superb save in the first half and dealt with the crosses effectively.

Kerrigan did a good job at left back,didn't go forward but dealt with his winger very well.His tackling technique is good,doesn't rush in and did a sound job.

Parkinson moved to centre back and played far better than he has done at full back.He and Young dominated in the air which makes a pleasant change.

Peters reverted to right back,made a few good tackles but for him had a fairly quiet game.He didn,t get forward (perhaps on BA's instructions trying to consolidate)but of course we know he can.

Paul Smith played first half and as always played a very influential role.

Power was a different player today,he worked a lot harder although I think he struggles to get fit because he looked absolutely knackered.When he's got the ball at his feet he has a very good touch and struck the ball well for his goal.

We had some childish entertainment at the end when the Ashford manager and his deputy wanted to fight everybody but unfortunately this sometimes happens when idiots lose matches.Somebody said BA was involved but in his defence he was only trying to calm things down.I think the trouble started because the ref amazingly played about 10 minutes of injury time and when somebody had a go at him the Ashford manager threw the ball in somebody's face and it all kicked off.

What a good day for Margate,totally unexpected by most but well deserved.As that great chinese philosopher Barry Fry said " It's a funny old game aint it".

I remember being at Ashford a couple of seasons ago when their goalkeeping coach had a go at me for saying something, tho then found out it was Dan Wisker and threatened to flatten him. Then last season wanted to get over the fence at one of our fans and was restrained by some of our and their players. Am guessing the same management team were involved this time?

See you starting to turn again Ian, but wrong as usual, it was the Ashford manager not Barry as a previous poster said. Difference is Barry is in his first season learning, Wardy does it to intimidate the officials and other team and has done it for years.

Originally Posted By: Alexmfc
Originally Posted By: StuyRandall
Alex, why arent you at the game? isnt it just round the corner from you?

Nah it's miles away, i'll have to go down then right across London to get there and i have no idea where it is from the train station. Also i only got out of bed at about 3:15

Wondered why you didnt turn up at the Hornchurch game! wink laugh

whistle

Turn, as in snide posts Ian. Plus its a Margate forum too, so we can do without those comments thanks. (you post one decent post then spoil it by posting the above)

Oh yea this isnt a bite but an observation.

Ian your doing it again & you know it.Fun to you but not fun to us,who are treading on thin ice at the moment.

Have a little respect & compassion if you can.I'm sure you are able to if you really want to.You're not as bad a lad as you make out sometimes.

What comes around goes around remember that,& if & when it does you may be asking for our support in return.

Just telling people I went to your match eh? I'm sure they will be utterly disgusted with me(& a few others from over here who went to see a game of Ryman football being played).Someone has to keep your attendances up. wink I can understand it being nice for you to see me by the way. laugh

The jokes? What the Oki Koki king?. Great eh? Bet you told everyone that one.I won't repeat it on here as it's not really appropriate taking into account our sad loss this week. Nice to see you too,now you "be nice"!!