Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Clubs in financial difficulties.

Bill Kent

Dodgy times for all Unc.

less money coming in for most punters means less to spend on luxurys.

Companies calling in debts.

Lack of credit for new builds etc.

I was told a few weeks back that there is a potential 7 clubs in BSP that could go this year based on Finances.

As jeff shints. Its the cup runs and televised games that will keep clubs at our level going this year. Cant rely on subscriptions. And no backer with a swubstantial income does indeed put us in a sticky situation.

Personally , I have seen an increase in workloads in one of my small business intrests as people move away from a throw away society and into a repair and make do philosophy.

Times are hard but we will survuve , as will football.

Love to get you guys here for 4th qualifying round. Be intresting.

a cup tie against you guys would be superb for us (and me personally) for all the right reasons and we can but dream....you'd get more moonies out for that one if I were there thats for sure...me and paddington in the directors box...ha ha ha...quality..evil

we have cut our budget by 40% this year and gates are down by 15% on last year although its a bit early to judge..yesterdays heroics won't have done us any harm and a good home draw in the next round could work wonders..

we have already won over 10 grand and thats a lot to us this season...so we'll see...

RS ...you are spot on and I have suggested to our people that they diverse into more instant cash avenues than big money credit...

the fleet will certainly survive...the intriguing part of the conundrum is how and with whom.....grin

Originally Posted By: Darter
I would LOVE to see Urchins play the Fleet, at Bridge Avenue. I'd be standing on the East Side for that one Karl, no matter what yay

Miss Darter, you appear to change your allegiances more often than the wind. Who will it be next week, Tow Law Town?

That said, a revenge match against HX has got great potential.

Originally Posted By: Bill Kent
With big expensive outlays for clubs in the Blue Square Prem. How many do you reckon will survive the next couple of seasons with increasing debts? Oxford for instance appear to be in a bit of a quagmire since coming down to the BS League. Worrying really.

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
are you fckn serious bill..?

your own club is losing 60 grand a month and could well disappear in february unless paddington pulls a rabbit out of the hat and you start a thread like this and have a pop at oxford...!!

ha ha ha...I fckn love non league hypocricy....grin

Maybe you should re-read his post - I can see no signs of him having a 'pop' at anyone, merely commenting on the precarious financial state of a number of teams within the Conference which we must all be aware of and have some concern about - let's face it, it's an expensive league to play for all of us and there can't be too many teams in it happy with their financial position.

Originally Posted By: Jeff
Originally Posted By: Darter
I would LOVE to see Urchins play the Fleet, at Bridge Avenue. I'd be standing on the East Side for that one Karl, no matter what yay

Miss Darter, you appear to change your allegiances more often than the wind. Who will it be next week, Tow Law Town?

That said, a revenge match against HX has got great potential.

As I explained to you yesterday Jeff, I follow the fortunes of a couple of clubs - as they are in different leagues, it is not an issue and a lot of people take an interest in say, EUFC and Arsenal. Same difference. That being said, if AFC Hornchurch played the Fleet, I would be standing with the Hornchurch fans who have welcomed me so warmly to their club this year and who don't seem to have an issue with a football fan wanting more than one team to be successful! grin And I wouldn't bet against the Urchins winning either ...

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
yes well... a better case study would be the fleet so why single out oxford...that was my point...obviously you missed it....grin

Obviously you ought to make clearer exactly what you mean - he clearly is using Oxford as the example in this case - we all know the state our own team is in so why remind us of that, whereas some people may not know about Oxfords position...

Maybe you should not try to make your posts so dramatic in future.