Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NO TO PICK THE TEAM!

Any loyal supporter that has not yet joined MyFC needs to do so right NOW!

We currently have a battle, some of the members on My little pony club are pushing for the Pick The Team for Monday's game v Histon as it is televised and they think it will be good publicity.

I have heard the arguments against joining and know all about those but by joining we will able to use your vote against picking the team and maintain the little dignity that this club currently has.

I know all about why certain people don't sign up but if you don't sign up then you don't get to vote and it's your vote that is the important one.

NO TO PICK THE TEAM!

An alternative - members against ptt should lobby hard, and threaten not to renew.

Didn't the bigwigs of myfc say that under 15,000 members the whole thing becomes unviable.

We can only hope.

Let us enjoy the financial 1 year stay of execution.

If money is tight next year, prune the squad accordingly, and bring in some of the emerging PASE boys.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
An alternative - members against ptt should lobby hard, and threaten not to renew.
Didn't the bigwigs of myfc say that under 15,000 members the whole thing becomes unviable.

there aren't enough supporters on here to make that much of a difference as far as the 15,000 is concerned, but there are enough of us to make a difference on this PTT vote

You miss the point, Harry. I do acknowledge your sincerity and don't criticise you for being true to your beliefs - but people joined on a much-publicised strapline of PTT. They shouldn't have to vote again to do it every week. It's like saying "own the club" and then having to vote every week whether you still want to own the club, or if you want to sort of own it, but actually let someone else own it really. It was a cleverly-constructed device, IMO. If you didn't agree with "Own the Club, Pick the Team" why join MyFC?? The Society was there before the club was purchased. It didn't just appear in November.

It is a matter of principle. Simple as that. Members were sold a pup. That is what has caused so much disillusionment. It is symptomatic of other things which are rotten in the state of Denmark, if I may adopt a literary turn of phrase.

Now if the MyFC Society Board want to abandon it, for whatever reason, they should have the courage to say so and to put it to a vote. The strapline should be changed. They have already changed the emphasis. I don't like death by a thousand cuts, and that is what we have now. Let's be honest about the agenda.

Originally Posted By: Hempstead Gaz
There is a misconception that WB and his yes men actually care about Fleet. Some members do, but most don't. It's mainly an ego thing.
How many members who went to Wembley will turn up at a cold wt and windy Monday night game against Histon, which is televised?

That is beside the point. I don't much care if they turn up or not at the moment, my main conerne is that I don't want them picking the team. The more members that pick option one on picking the team the less chance it has of happening.

Originally Posted By: Darter
If you didn't agree with "Own the Club, Pick the Team" why join MyFC??

Because to quote many "MYFC can offer more than picking the team"

Its our club and we dont want people flicking between teams every 5 minutes messing it up.

PTT will never work.

Darta. How do you plan to PTT if you werent at Alty yesterday and didnt see the game? Video can only show so much.

Did the team travel home in good time or were they stuck in the heavy rain all evening?

Who is fit , who needs to see if they respond to treatnent tomorrow?

Its never going to work.

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
If you didn't agree with "Own the Club, Pick the Team" why join MyFC??

Because to quote many "MYFC can offer more than picking the team"

Its our club and we dont want people flicking between teams every 5 minutes messing it up.PTT will never work.

Darta. How do you plan to PTT if you werent at Alty yesterday and didnt see the game? Video can only show so much.

Did the team travel home in good time or were they stuck in the heavy rain all evening?

Who is fit , who needs to see if they respond to treatnent tomorrow?

Its never going to work.

It seems it is people(not all I will admit)that have flicked between teams, that are trying to tell people what to do!
If PTT won't work, there is no point in people who are 100% againstMYfc(not just against parts they personally don't like), joining!
Whether you would like to see me put my head in a lions mouth, that is up to you, but I won't do it to satisfy you, or anyone else!

Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
It seems it is people(not all I will admit)that have flicked between teams, that are trying to tell people what to do!
If PTT won't work, there is no point in people who are 100%(not just against parts they personally don't like) joining!
Whether you would like to see me put my head in a lions mouth, that is up to you, but I won't do it to satisfy you, or anyone else!

So you're happier for your pride to stand in the way rather than help your team out.

If PTT does happen than I can assure you our club will have hit a new low, very very much further down than it had previously. You'd much rather that did happen though, letting your pride get in the way.

You have until 7:45 this evening.

NO TO PICK THE TEAM!

Originally Posted By: Harry J Allstars
Originally Posted By: American FLEET FAN No1
If PTT won't work, there is no point in people who are 100%(not just against parts they personally don't like) joining!

So you're happier for your pride to stand in the way rather than help your team out.

If PTT does happen than I can assure you our club will have hit a new low, very very much further down than it had previously. You'd much rather that did happen though, letting your pride get in the way.

You have until 7:45 this evening.

NO TO PICK THE TEAM!

Blaming people for the clubs demise, by not joining MYfc, is stupid, but then why I am not surprised? For somebody who has been a supporter for such a short time, how do you know that the Club will sink to an all time low. Some of us remember the lows the Club have sunk too!
The people who can't be bothered to go to matches, are the reason the Club(and recent boards who have allowed the Club to be run above it's means)is in this position in the first place.
PTT was one of the promises that the old board knew about when they sold the Club. It didn't seem to unduly worry them that it might destroy the Club.
PTT was a reason for a number of people to become members, if they want to exercise that right, then so be it!
I am and always have been, 100% against MYfc, it has nothing to do with pride, just common sense, that it could not work in the form it was presented in. All the bickering of late and your posts, go a long way to proving I was right.
Not joining something because you disagree with it, is not pride, just common sense!

Harry, it was always promised that there would be a good deal of information on the site for members to look at to help them pick the team. Video, reports from the coaching staff, information about opponents, their strengths and weaknesses and so on. Many MyFCers will NEVER be able to get to a game, with the best will in the world. They live overseas, they can't travel, whatever whatever. And even then, I don't believe that when you go to a game as a supporter, you are looking at it just through PTT eyes. It is a social event, too. I know there has been some good work done on getting the information on the site, much by individual members it seems. But the other problems associated with taking on a club which has dire financial problems has overshadowed it. People like yourself, who attend every game, could be working on the site with the other MyFCers to advise them, to help them - not just holding it all close to the chest. That would be a unique thing you could do. I know some of you have really engaged in that way, and it's good.

Attending games is not the be all and end all in respect of PTT. Many people who live near Stonebridge Road wouldn't travel to an away game, let alone one north of the Watford Gap.

I am dead against PTT and vote every week to give Liam the choice.

Looking at the way the votes are going and the very very few that bother to vote at all one day PTT is going to happen.

When that day comes and it will it will be a historic day for football worldwide, its what many joined myfc but lets just hope its a one off.

The question is if PTT happens what result do you want for the match?

A Win, and my god it worked.

A boring 0-0 draw, the jury would still be out

A heavy defeat (I cant bring myself to want us to lose any match)

Originally Posted By: FA Trophy Winners 2008
I am dead against PTT and vote every week to give Liam the choice.

Looking at the way the votes are going and the very very few that bother to vote at all one day PTT is going to happen.

When that day comes and it will it will be a historic day for football worldwide, its what many joined myfc but lets just hope its a one off.

The question is if PTT happens what result do you want for the match?

A Win, and my god it worked.
A boring 0-0 draw, the jury would still be out
A heavy defeat (I cant bring myself to want us to lose any match)

Playing devil's advocate, you couldn't claim PTT had "worked" even if the side won a match - just like you can't give Liam the whole credit either when we win. You could only gauge it over a longer period of time. It's complex, there is more to winning a football match than just picking the best team.

Playing devil's advocate, you couldn't claim PTT had "worked" even if the side won a match - just like you can't give Liam the whole credit either when we win. You could only gauge it over a longer period of time. It's complex, there is more to winning a football match than just picking the best team.

But Liam is accountable and can explain his decisions , what happened , where things went right and wrong. WarlocksWidow from tinpot vilage near a mountain cant.

This potential team has just been suggested by a MyFC member:

'Cronin

Ricketts McCarthy Hawkins Charles

Shakes Hand Barrett Long

Ibe Gash Moore

Ibe and Moore can pull back easily into a 4-5-1.'

What is this 4-5-1 he speaks of?