Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

NO TO PICK THE TEAM!

Originally Posted By: Riverview Supporter
Originally Posted By: Darter

Playing devil's advocate, you couldn't claim PTT had "worked" even if the side won a match - just like you can't give Liam the whole credit either when we win. You could only gauge it over a longer period of time. It's complex, there is more to winning a football match than just picking the best team.

But Liam is accountable and can explain his decisions , what happened , where things went right and wrong. WarlocksWidow from tinpot vilage near a mountain cant.

hahaha, I like the description of the average MyFC member grin
I don't agree that members can't explain why they have taken a decision. That could be a really good debate and everyone would learn. I know Liam is accountable for the team's performance - well, in reality he is accountable for the results, if we are honest, it doesn't matter if they play badly or play a boring game and still win - but the team he has picked is only one factor in determining that performance. What about the other team, the weather, the pitch, the officials .... ??

Actually, just thinking about this - only the people who are really interested will pick the team, so you can assume from that that they have thought about it. Then if the results aren't going our way, the debate we had would bring this out. You would be well within your rights to say "those who picked the team, you have exercised your right, so why did you play X here rather than Y?? - explain yourselves" I would love to see that sort of debate. It would bring it alive. We would all learn. That's what it was always meant to be, in my opinion.

crikey not this old chesnut again....

we all know that PTT will never work at any club unless the members form it themselves from scratch....we have all agreed that in the past on here...and I mean all of us...

this issue is not about PTT its about the conditions under which 30,000 people paid good money over to a society which then used that money to buy a club....

surely its not too hard to understand is it....?

Hi Karl!

Starting a club from scratch would be a fantastic thing to do, and I hope we are going to see that before too long courtesy of freemyfc. I just think the PTT thing has become apocryphal for no particular reason. I actually don't think that as far as MyFC is concerned, it is a big deal at all. A lot is being "hung" on it - as I said at the top, the financial situation is what we should be concentrating on ...

Originally Posted By: Jeff
This potential team has just been suggested by a MyFC member:

'Cronin
Ricketts McCarthy Hawkins Charles
Shakes Hand Barrett Long
Ibe Gash Moore

I think that that would be a great line up. How is he going to get the referee and opposition to agree to us fielding 12 men. If he can do that, then we should get him to pick the team every week

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: Darter
Oh hello, Jeff - there's not show without Punch, I believe ... grin

A reference to Liam yesterday?

HAHAHA!! No, but you made me laugh grin

Anyway, you'll be pleased to know I have to go out so I won't bother you on here for a while!

Whilst I can see Paul's point of view, and I am not denying MYFC have brought many good things to the Fleet, I still will not join.

I like watching Fleet.

I am perfectly happy to stand on the terrace, simply enjoying the match.

I feel part of the Fleet as I await kick-off time with excitement.

I feel part of the club as I chomp my Fleetburger and cheer the lads.

I feel part of Fleet as my

I'd like to think those that make every game such as yourself are the most important fans, and those like me, who can make some or most home games are quite important.

Lower down the pecking order, are those who still show allegience (like Rob Heard) and went to Wembley.

Bottom are those who paid, and not only haven't seen Fleet, but can't be bothered with them either.

Wrap up warm, tommorrow, Paul, it's gonna be cold wet and windy!!

Dare I bring my thermos with coffee with a dash of rum, or will the stewards throw me out?