Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

So, how did the Enfield Council meeting go...?

britman

Originally Posted By: Gazza
Originally Posted By: Sponsor of Beer
Perhaps supporters can take the initiative here, and increase individual subscriptions?

Yeah why not, what do you suggest a four figure amount each?

Im sure your on a wind up!

Not at all. It's interesting to see that supporters seem to expect third parties to pay for the QE. That doesn't seem consistent with having a supporters owned and run club to me.

Perhaps supporters can take the initiative here, and increase individual subscriptions?

Not at all. It's interesting to see that supporters seem to expect third parties to pay for the QE. That doesn't seem consistent with having a supporters owned and run club to me.

Yes thats all very well if we had a few thousand coming through the turnstiles but how much do you seriously envisage 150 supporters to raise?

C'mon get in the real world, the money the supporters & Arky in particular raise is amazing in itself already but how much do you think we need to raise for this project, of course we need third parties.

Yes thats all very well if we had a few thousand coming through the turnstiles but how much do you seriously envisage 150 supporters to raise?

C'mon get in the real world, the money the supporters & Arky in particular raise is amazing in itself already but how much do you think we need to raise for this project, of course we need third parties.

Agreed, but won't the Board have a better chance of signing up potential sponsors/donors if it can be demonstrated that supporters are doing their bit?

Agreed, but won't the Board have a better chance of signing up potential sponsors/donors if it can be demonstrated that supporters are doing their bit?

Yes your right, if supporters show an enthusiasm to contribute it bodes very well.

But why on earth is it Alien to some that working with third parties is a negative act, we should be listening and working with everyone and taking in those who can realistically be a partner.

Originally Posted By: Mr Happy
I have just rung the Council for the result and was told that the person I need to speak with was preparing the minutes and that she would call me tomorrow! The minutes will be on the LBE website within 8 days.

Here's the link to the latest details from the meeting on the 8th: Fantastic news! Well done to the Board:

QE Stadium

Originally Posted By: lovely stuff
Correct me if i'm wrong but it seems ETFC will only have control over the first floor of the stadium and the football pitch?? The council will run and hire out the changing rooms, and hire the track as they see fit??

Ah but Arkwrights Emporium is already eying up the latest state of the "Ark" Zeiss binoculars to be sold in the first floor stand so no problem! And as for the person who reckoned that godalming could have had a running track round it! hmmm!

Well,

All I can say is congrats on getting the QE. Thanks for putting the report up here. Very good read. I can understand why they wanted to keep the running track in the plans.

I hope the Donkey Lane situation will be easy for you. I remember it being a pain to get in and out of there.

This is a report for that item of the meeting, not the minutes. The minutes are not yet on the website (so much for within 8 days!) so we don't know if the proposal was accepted.

I notice that the stadium is being referred to as the Queen Elizabeth 2 or QE2 stadium. I had understood the correct name to be the Queen Elizabeth Stadium.

Either way, it's got to be better than Donkey Lane!

Originally Posted By: The Invisible Man

I notice that the stadium is being referred to as the Queen Elizabeth 2 or QE2 stadium. I had understood the correct name to be the Queen Elizabeth Stadium.

It is indeed the Queen Elizabeth Stadium as it was named in honor of Queen Elizabeth and not the UK's reining monarch. The QE2 ship was only referred to as '2' because it was the second Queen Elizabeth ship.