Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

Well nobody else appeared to be lifting a finger at the Club to get funding, I had to do all the running around morning noon and night going cap in hand, door to door, like a Jehovas Witness, and what thanks did I get at the end of the day.

I assume you got back from Portsmouth this evening and are now on Annual Leave until 5 January, does that means there is a slight possibility of tomorrow's Kentish Town v Broxbourne game going ahead as no doubt you are planning to get down to the ground at the crack of dawn to work your magic.

Originally Posted By: Willo the Cat

I will be wearing a slightly higher number than usual today grin

Yes I heard Kentish Town were struggling for players at the moment, number nine is it. Is it true Tom 'Beckenbaur' McMullen has severed ties with the Club.

Samuelsmiles - Yes, a comprehensive win by the sounds of it, well done but it's no good if you're not interested in promotion as was the case in 2006/2007:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=918

Well please enlighten me Rhodes, but wasn't it the mighty Wares and not the mighty Hares that won the league that season. You know, Edgware Town, the team that will soon by playing non-league football again. grin

By the way, how is your Edgware coming along? Remember? The Club you and your sanctimonious mates were so gallantly creating for the good people of Edgware.

I would hate to think the local derby is in jeopardy grin

Quote:

Yes, we are finally up & running, with a groundshare at a top non-league ground agreed & our Molten South Midlands Spartan League application presented.
We are recruiting players,fans & investors into this exciting venture.
Born out of the demise of Edgware Town FC, we originally intended to reform as Edgware FC. Unfortunately due to being unable to find a suitable groundshare near Edgware & the fact that most people were apathetic to showing a real interest, we have found ourselves a nice new ground in Bedfordshire & will be playing under the name of Southill Alexander FC. Southill is a parish of villages near Biggleswade & at present has no football team representing them.

Samuelsmiles - Yes it was Edgware Town who won the SSML Premier Division in 2006/2007 however Harefield United ran them very close and had to declare their intentions and desire for promotion to the Ryman League by 31 March 2007, this they politely declined to do, presumably due to lack of ambition.
As for the other issue you raise, despite banging the drum about keeping this thread on topic, I assume you haven't seen the recent news release which I have quoted above for ease of reference.

Samuelsmiles - Thanks for that and for letting common sense prevail, no doubt a new thread will be created on this Forum in due course nearer to the start of next season to celebrate the birth of Southill Alexander Football Club.

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
Samuelsmiles - Thanks for that and for letting common sense prevail, no doubt a new thread will be created on this Forum in due course nearer to the start of next season to celebrate the birth of Southill Alexander Football Club.

That's all right Rhodes, sometimes I just get my Hares and Wares in a twist and all common sense deserts me. I think we're back on track now. By the way, what is your opinion of the mighty Hares, do you think they are the greatest football team to ever grace the Spartan League......I do. I think they're a bloody marvellous football team. Bloody marvellous. grin

"Shorts don't matter, I don't care if they come from Timbuk bloody tu with pink stars on them that light up at night.......it's not important

Do these forums extend to the Biggleswade & District Sunday League?

Horace - Long time no 'speak', what do we owe the pleasure as I didn't think you wanted to touch this Forum with a barge pole.

Horace - Long time no 'speak', what do we owe the pleasure as I didn't think you wanted to touch this Forum with a barge pole.

Just felt a little low and needed a good laugh to cheer me up! Can always rely on you for that.

Horace - Well I suppose you are very much at a loose end these days not being involved in your beloved Hertford Town, and the same must go for HTFCew, however why don't you both simply bite the bullet and admit you were wrong to throw all your toys out of the pram, I'm sure the Club would respect that and welcome you both back with open arms.