Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Harefield United....

Hi Bramley, you probably know that those silly old buggers Steve Newing and Del Deanus are now at Welwyn Garden City and are likely to take some of the knackered old Edgware Town nomads with them.

For me, as a brand new Harefield fan, this really adds some interest to the season. I'll be right behind the hard, tough, ruthless fighting machine that is the Hares and can't wait for the Welwyn/Edgware v Harefield match later this season.

Come on you Hares, let's put those pesky old Edgware traveling folk firmly in their place.....this is Harefield's year for the treble, and there ain't no room in the car-park for their caravans.

Up the Hares and Up Yours, Samuel 'I can't Hare the Welwyn sing, no oh' Smiles grin

The next clash shall take place on the hallowed and pristine turf at Preston Park, home to the mighty Hares, and this 'Johnny come lately' will be firmly rooted in the Harefield camp.

Thy smoking musket shall be cocked and prepared for action, ready to repel the advances of invading travelers from fields afar. And if that fails we'll stick 4 goals passed 'em and send 'em down.

Now bugger off back to your own forum grin

So you're going to the game with St Margaretsbury tomorrow then, it should be a fairly comfortable win.

Apologies for the late report on the continuing saga at the mighty Harefield, I've been looking at Erin's rumba and Christine's chasse.....now where are my glasses?

Like that overweight buffoon John Seargent, United struggled to get any rhythm going today and must have been delighted to collect all three points after a really scrappy game.

Danny Buckle came back into the side, replacing Ben Cowan who's buggered off on holiday somewhere, and Warren Gladdy who really keeps the midfield ticking over has also gone AWOL. The re-shuffle seems to have upset the play a little.

We had another chat with the Hares coach today though, and he did ask if we would be in the bar after the game. I'm pretty sure he was impressed with my knowledge of the game when informing him that I thought the Hares were bunging it up to Danny Buckle a bit early. His eyes glazed over a bit...I think he may be looking to give me a place on the coaching staff......I'll let you know.

Anyway, that's not important right now, what is is that the mighty Hares are still top of the table having decided that maybe they were in a football game with about 5 minutes of injury time gone.

After taking an early lead through a magnificently struck Drake goal (his tenth of the season) from just outside the box, St.Mags battled their way back into the game and equalised with a penalty near to full time.

Prior to this the manager of St.Mags was almost apoplectic with insane, blood vessel bursting rage at the referee's decisions throughout the match but when given a dubious penalty came to the conclusion that he was a rather good official after all. 1-1.

And it was at this point that the Hares woke up. Excellent work down the right by Joe Kelly and a fine cross into the box was finished off by....someone.....didn't see....all a bit of a blur at this point. 2-1, top of the table.

St.Mags manager not happy grin

Up the Hares and Up Yours, Samuel 'we ain't got no Hares or graces' Smiles grin

Samuel was that Jesse Smith you were chatting to from the Harefield bench. A Small balding guy. Good player in his day for both Harefield and Ruislip manor (among others) and doing a good job at Preston Park along with the rest of the management team there.

Originally Posted By: samuelsmiles
Prior to this the manager of St.Mags was almost apoplectic with insane, blood vessel bursting rage at the referee's decisions throughout the match but when given a dubious penalty came to the conclusion that he was a rather good official after all. 1-1.

St.Mags manager not happy grin

Ha Ha, that sounds like our Judgo!

I love this competition. I remember following Edgware Town to the 5th round in 1991-92 when we beat teams like Welton Rovers (which included Bill Athey the England cricketer at left back), Hinckley Athletic and Basildon before Guisley stuffed us 5-1 up in Leeds.

Come on Hares, I fancy another trip oop north some time around February/March.

The mighty Harefield, top of the league and back on top of this forum, Up the Hares and Up Yours grin

Was this the ground you went to or have Guisley moved since 1991/1992, the likes of Ken Batten and Paul Gregory have a lot to answer for don't they:

http://thegroundhog.wordpress.com/2008/09/29/guiseley-afc/

Originally Posted By: Rhodes
the likes of Ken Batten and Paul Gregory have a lot to answer for don't they:

At the risk of having this post deleted, or even being banned, I have to say that you are a malicious sod Rhodes!

If you knew anything about the recent history of Edgware Town FC you would know that it was because of Ken and Paul that the club survived (and thrived) for a few years longer, after an "alleged" criminal act by a former chairman! How the powers that be on this forum (lol) feel the need to support you is bewildering.

Do you get off on making comments like this about people who have upset you (or even who have upset a friend, or someone who was once a friend)?

Horace - So how do you feel about this then, surely it brings a tear to your eye and the Club's sad demise could have somehow been avoided:

http://edgwaretown.blogspot.com/

Morning Cliffy, I think you've posted the above post on the wrong thread (If you take a look at the top of the page it does say something about Harefield somewhere) Sorry for the confusion.

I've taken the opportunity to move a copy to your New Edgware thread where we can all have a polite chat about it. Infact I think the discussion has already started. Up the Hares and Up Yours mate. grin