Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

hornchurch expectations

urchinman1961

Originally Posted By: Urchin Princess
ok....back onto the subject of Hornchurch expectations....

do we have at Hornchurch a publicity team?

if not, it might be worth trying to find people that would be willing to help the club.
For example phoning local business to see if they would like to advertise around the ground / sponsor games / players.

You tried that a few years ago with an unfortunate outcome.

Anyway, back to Neil Warnock.

I met him a couple of times at the Sheffield United AGM.

I put him on the back foot straight away by asking him about his managerial time at Gainsborough Trinity.

I then questioned him about Shane Hill (son of ex-England International Ricky) who was plucked from Hitchin Town to attend the Sheffield United academy.

As a finale, I told him which swiss players to buy.

NW hadn't much idea about any of the things I mentioned to him - but I expect he'd remember me. :-)

NW is a great chap, and one of the *very* few managers who actually smile.

Unfortunately, his media image doesn't always convey that.

But, if he's angry (quite rightly) at *another* inept refereeing descision and appears on TV........you'll note that he always manages a smile or two.

Originally Posted By: PoshHitchinBlade101
*Ahem*
Have I told you all about my 1-2-1 chat with Neil Warnock a few years ago when I advised him on which swiss players to sign 'on the cheap'

He never took any notice - and Sheffield United were promptly relegated.

biglaugh

Originally Posted By: cantos
HORNCHURCH EXPECTATIONS

Starring:

Cantos - Pip
Nette - Estelle
Bitch - Miss Havisham
UM - Magwich
Westie - Jaggers
Uncle - Uncle Pumblechook
UM61 - Herbert Pocket
Annie - Woman with big tits.

Cantos, that made me laugh my head off. biglaugh Especially that you chose 'Great Expectation' grin

Originally Posted By: Bitch
Originally Posted By: PoshHitchinBlade101
*Ahem*
Have I told you all about my 1-2-1 chat with Neil Warnock a few years ago when I advised him on which swiss players to sign 'on the cheap'

He never took any notice - and Sheffield United were promptly relegated.

biglaugh

Had to laugh myself actually (in a 'I told you so' sort of way)

But overall, NW was the bollox at Bramall Lane.

..........And yes I know you're mainly urchins (or urchinettes) who post on here, but your former 'leader' is a Nottingham Forest fan.

Eh UU?

...........But he seems to be avoiding me for some reason.

:-)

I think what would be good and this is a big if as to which would people do it is to sometimes after games to keep the bar open till late I for one would stay and sure a few others would aswell a few quid behind the bar after the game aint a bad thing

I think we got to pick up points from teams like tooting, harrow ramsgate and etc. IMO if we pick up the points from these type of games and get a few results against some of the better sides

I wasnt at the game yesterday so cant comment on how we played but picking up results in which we have done against sutton, dover and etc I cant see why we cant challenge for a playoff place

well we deffo had to grind out a result saturday and if we can do the same against the lesser teams ie hendon then i dont mind us playin big n ugly getting 3 points then pretty stuff and gettin nuffincool