Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

hornchurch expectations

urchinman1961

Originally Posted By: Urchin Mentalist
something quirky usually does the trick.Something that no other club has done before,it might take 500 suggestions but if one pays off you are on to a winner

Yes, that's exactly it, Rob. So let's keep this going - we may get something good from it. Think laterally chums, we need to come up with something which will give us new regular home attenders from the local community without spending loads of money in the process!

Uncle - thanks for putting me straight on the cup crowds not counting to the attend. average.

Ron Ower has said in the past that if people who have something to promote locally - art exhibition, charity night etc. - give him a piece or the details, he'll run it. Well that's what he's said.

He obviously doesn't have time to go round chasing people for stuff.

Bearing this in mind, could the club not do a small piece (like a report) every month including the home fixtures? Make it like a regular coloumn?

I'm not sure what the deal is with the notice board outside Lloyds - sure you could print your fixture list & stick it in there. I don't know who has the key to the board case, but suspect Ron again would know. It's free - central, & you could also advertise your friendlies in the summer when the West Ham fans are kicking their heels.

'Nett - nice ar*e there - bit early for a Sunday - but nice :-)

Originally Posted By: URCHINETT
Originally Posted By: global
There's a real case for getting a monthly piece in the Resident's Association newsletter because it's going to 12.000 local homes every month.

On of our fans put a piece in there last month ?

The said article has still not been published, it was all arranged to be placed in the August edition of The Focus for the start of the season. I duely paid a donation to the residents association for the pleasure, So far nothing.
I am waiting for this months publication to see if it appears but the advantage of the start of the season has been lost. Rumford factor me thinks...........

Originally Posted By: global
Digger - I think we are talking about 2 different publications.

I am talking about the green printed Resident's Association newsletter called 'The Bulletin' which goes to the 12,000 odd local houses, & not The Focus.

But hey, both would be good.

Yes we are. The more coverage we can get the better.

well it's that time of year when the next few league games in the run up to xmas are crucial(well they all are)and by the time we meet our old foes harlow on 27th dec we should no how much we have to do like the incredible run we put in towards the end of last season as we are a little bit off the pace at the moment