Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Contingency Plan?

JFW

Relevent to topic because of the implications:-

Ebbsfleet 0 - 1 Stevenage (agg 2 - 4 )

As a Contingency Plan i think it was the last hope. Now all hope has faded frown

I was unable to get updates on the game. Even 5 live didn't report on it! shocked

But, no matter what, if this result spells the end of the high ride they will still survive in some form.

Sounds like it must have been a tight and edgy match?

Originally Posted By: Bitch
As a Contingency Plan i think it was the last hope. Now all hope has faded frown

I was unable to get updates on the game. Even 5 live didn't report on it! shocked

But, no matter what, if this result spells the end of the high ride they will still survive in some form.

Not if they can find another couple of Akindes in the squad to sell but I don't think so.

I don't about tight and edgy, wasn't there but I just feel stunned.

Originally Posted By: Bitch

The goal came in the 90th min, after a second half of sustained(Stevenage a few breakaways)pressure from Ebbsfleet!

Sensitive?

Regading certain individuals who has been wrong all along and therefore have in fact made it possible to prolong the abnormity that MyFC turned out to be?

No,not me.I have had enough imbecill comments directed my way in the last year for that to happen.

The club now FINALLY has to face up to REALITY.Long overdue..and in the end the ONLY thing that will save the club long term.

The people in charge are the people to blame for this mess.

I

Ebbsfleet needs funding, no getting around that. Another Wembley trip would have provided a breather but thats out now. MyFC is on a recruitment drive and I think it will need to be on a permanent Recruitment Drive for the foreseeable. Its seen its best results from high profile media interest and possibly making the Setanta Shield final should be used to max effect.

Still controversial but the growth area is the US market, if Mr Daish will swallow his pride and take a hit for the club, ensure that the Setanta games are Pick the Team by members only. There are more than enough qualified Fleet Fan MyFC members to help guide sensible team selection talks, and if Liam Daish could be persuaded to interact a bit more it shouldn't be too big a struggle to field the best team.

It would gain reasonably big media interest and as said and demonstrated in the past, nothing ensures sign ups to MyFC and increased gates like some good PR.

I think they are relevent Pat. Unless you are willing to take part in debate and just want to be picky I can't really see your point.

My point?

You made a statement about deleting posts...

You then decide that posts such as

"Sensitive?

Regading certain individuals who has been wrong all along and therefore have in fact made it possible to prolong the abnormity that MyFC turned out to be?

No,not me.I have had enough imbecill comments directed my way in the last year for that to happen."

are relevant to the topic...

My point is that you are inconsistant.

Thats all. Defend or delete. Its YOUR forum now.

Originally Posted By: PatMan
My point?

You made a statement about deleting posts...

You then decide that posts such as
"Sensitive?

No,not me.I have had enough imbecill comments directed my way in the last year for that to happen."

are relevant to the topic...

My point is that you are inconsistant.

Thats all. Defend or delete. Its YOUR forum now.

Not sure its any single persons forum Pat. Surely its not all about defending and deleting.

Anyway...

Planning for Contingencies needs to be sensitive. Playing about too much with wages is problematic. I had thought that it was all about cutting costs but on reflection and reading opinion I can see that the team going part time is not to our benefit. Seems that quite a few teams are in the same boat financially, weakening teams brings the danger of relegation, lower gates. Its a downward spiral.

Best plan is to play at the strength we do now and secure additional / increased funding.

Originally Posted By: loosely

Not sure its any single persons forum Pat. Surely its not all about defending and deleting.

Ah, but it was YOU who made the comment about deleting non-relevant posts..

Anyway...

Planning for Contingencies needs to be sensitive. Playing about too much with wages is problematic. I had thought that it was all about cutting costs but on reflection and reading opinion I can see that the team going part time is not to our benefit. Seems that quite a few teams are in the same boat financially, weakening teams brings the danger of relegation, lower gates. Its a downward spiral.

Best plan is to play at the strength we do now and secure additional / increased funding.

As for increased funding - who is there left to ask? Can't see those going through the turnstiles paying more without affecting overall attendance. MyFC seem to be forver asking the members to 'donate' for this and that already. Selling advertising on the club forum seems to upset certain people.

Looks like cost-cutting is the way ahead - part-time salaries for all?

New business surely? Theres a lot of opinion that the US is largely untapped. Setanta games are available in the States aren't they?

Nothing an american club owner would like more than to tell his workmates on a monday morning that the team he picked won a game. Next time they are all round his place watching the games, getting juiced up and signing up on the internet.

Might have to ask the FA if we can introduce advertising breaks and halftime cheerleader entertainment.

Not sure about the Americans - they promised so much after getting the World Cup, but still show very little interest in 'soccer'.

I read there is a huge push tho - isnt the current live streaming aimed primarily at attracting fans from the states - no idea how this is going, but yesterdays result will have been a huge blow.

I dont think the FA can object to cheerleaders as they already do this elsewhere (but, can they not be ugly munters like Crystal Palace)

Advertising breaks only work if someone is actually watching...

I don't know what the answer is really. Live Streaming? Whats the quality like, is that an issue, can your mates who aren't signed up get it etc? No cachet there is there?

I think MyFC members ("owners") just want to feel more involved. The majority can't physically attend the games although some DO travel hundreds of miles, the same as the dedicated away fans do. Retaining owners seems to be an issue. They've tried nearly everything else, why not try whats outlined on the tin, at least occasionally?

Caught one streamed game - seemed to be fairly good quality picture... I doubt I should have been able to watch it, thinks is purely members only - "cachet" - can't answer, as no idea what ya mean...

And if by "why not try whats outlined on the tin, at least occasionally?" you mean the PTT thing - its tried for EVERY game as far as I know, but the votes show very little interest in that particular subject... Its Wisdom of the Masses, dontcha know!

Originally Posted By: PatMan

And if by "why not try whats outlined on the tin, at least occasionally?" you mean the PTT thing - its tried for EVERY game as far as I know, but the votes show very little interest in that particular subject... Its Wisdom of the Masses, dontcha know!

Its a constant argument. Yes it holds water but why not try something different. Something different is clearly needed. Do people want to save full time football at Stonebridge Road?

Its a constant argument. Yes it holds water but why not try something different. Something different is clearly needed. Do people want to save full time football at Stonebridge Road?

What is this "Something Different" you speak of? Am sure that any and all sensible ideas would be welcomed...

And people want to save EUFC - and if that means a return to part-time, then so be it... Part-time hasn't done Histon any harm has it?