Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Contingency Plan?

JFW

IMO the flaw with MYFC (apart from Brooks) is to think that fan/owner are interchangeable. Fans in Britain are tribal in their outlook. Look at the EUFC forum thread about other teams shirts. The British football fan has to be identikit, stand in the rain and support a team through thick and thin. It is a badge of honour to be worn with pride. The longer the support, the harder the knocks, the greater the pride. This tribalism is exploited ruthlessly by the thinkers. They charge

Originally Posted By: Claudius

Saw on another site that Wimbledon is part time,with NO intention of going full time.This on gates around 3K.

Eufcs fans to a man needs to wake up and smell the coffee.They should have done it months and months ago..and now the clock is starting to run out!

WAKE UP FFS!

The Wombles "part-time" players earn more than the majority of our full-time players, part-time does not necessarily mean cheap.

When we changed from part-time to full time a number of the players that we let go were earning more than their replacements.

Well,not that I am surprised..but it does sounds totally idiotic to me.

I am sure you are telling the truth Mr Holden,but generally part time SHOULD mean less money out compared to full time.

In any old case,this is what must be the result when(not if IMHO)Eufc goes back to part time.

I am also not slashing the income side of things,but the club needs to concentrate on what the club can influence short term..and in a manner that will be a significant part of reducing the operational losses.

The income side isn

Originally Posted By: apache
IMO the flaw with MYFC (apart from Brooks) is to think that fan/owner are interchangeable. Fans in Britain are tribal in their outlook. Look at the EUFC forum thread about other teams shirts. The British football fan has to be identikit, stand in the rain and support a team through thick and thin. It is a badge of honour to be worn with pride. The longer the support, the harder the knocks, the greater the pride. This tribalism is exploited ruthlessly by the thinkers. They charge

And there are two points for the ruling elite to ponder on.

Yes, although we never realistically expect a dividend, we do want a tangible share. MYFC members may well be prepared to stump up more, but in my case (and I suspect 22000 others) we want an input, not merely to bank roll Brooks' ambitions. I personally will not put a penny piece more into the Brooks' retirement fund, but am perfectly prepared to "invest" in the club.

And to David, it is more important to stabilise the club, at some level, than this continous push for this that and the other. A solid game, decent facilities and without this constant struggle just to survive. Once that is achieved, the push can begin.

Agree absolutely, my point was that if you cut the costs too far you reduce the income which means you have to cut costs again and so on. This is not stability.

I've been standing on the Stonebridge Road Terraces for 46 years now, and I seen the club play at every level from Southern League (southern section) to Conference. Being at a lower level doesn't scare me, What does scare me is being run by a group who do not have the interests of the club as their main concern like we have at the moment.

Originally Posted By: David Holden
And to David, it is more important to stabilise the club, at some level, than this continous push for this that and the other. A solid game, decent facilities and without this constant struggle just to survive. Once that is achieved, the push can begin.

Agree absolutely, my point was that if you cut the costs too far you reduce the income which means you have to cut costs again and so on. This is not stability.

I've been standing on the Stonebridge Road Terraces for 46 years now, and I seen the club play at every level from Southern League (southern section) to Conference. Being at a lower level doesn't scare me, What does scare me is being run by a group who do not have the interests of the club as their main concern like we have at the moment.

I agree 100% David!

Originally Posted By: Claudius
Regarding owning shares of Eufc..what does it get you Mr Holden?

If nothing else it gives you the right to stand up and give the Director's your opinion. They may not take any notice, but at least they have had to listen to what you have to say.

AND

It gave me (and one other) the opportunity to vote against the nonsense that is MyFc

this is the point I have been trying to make all along...myfc simply cannot work with a club like ebbs.....it needs selling on into safe hands for the next few years and the society needs to rid itself of the self serving weasels...fck off paddingtons website and get a new one for a grand and start a new club....

easy peasy...grin

"If nothing else it gives you the right to stand up and give the Director's your opinion. They may not take any notice, but at least they have had to listen to what you have to say."

At a certain club close to my heart it doesn't even get you that. There is a meeting including plebs like me. Then the major shareholders tell you to sod off and then they discuss the real stuff.

Where is the proof that AFC Wimbledons part time players are on more than Ebbsfleet's full time players?

One thing you can be sure of, and that is the Wombles will be running their club within their means and not over budget!!! Sadly, that is not what has been happening at Ebbsfleet for some time now.

The issue of shares is laughable, what happened to the MYFC promice of "own the club" sell shares to MYFC society members that already own a 75% stake!

And this idea coming from the very people that have spent the past year telling us we were owners!

Trust dosen't come easy, and MYFC can't be trusted to do a thing right, their track record is appalling.

The only hope for the club is to find a new buyer who can turn his energies into transforming the fortunes of the club. And for the club to operate a more realistic budget that reflects an average attendance of 1200.

Originally Posted By: billy nick

The issue of shares is laughable, what happened to the MYFC promice of "own the club" sell shares to MYFC society members that already own a 75% stake!
And this idea coming from the very people that have spent the past year telling us we were owners!

Am sorry - but anyone who thought they were actually buying a real share in a football club for

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: billy nick

Am sorry - but anyone who thought they were actually buying a real share in a football club for