Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Contingency Plan?

JFW

Originally Posted By: PatMan
Originally Posted By: loosely

Its a constant argument. Yes it holds water but why not try something different. Something different is clearly needed. Do people want to save full time football at Stonebridge Road?

What is this "Something Different" you speak of? Am sure that any and all sensible ideas would be welcomed...

And people want to save EUFC - and if that means a return to part-time, then so be it... Part-time hasn't done Histon any harm has it?

Something different would be knowledgeable people engaging in guiding people who want to PTT in picking a decent team just for a few televised games, encourage new funding etc. I don't know if its any kind of answer really.

Membership retention. Its failing, why? MyFC must seem a bit like turning up for an ale tasting evening and finding you've been outvoted by Tea Totals and then having to drink fizzy water all night.

Theres no one answer is there? Whats yours? Part time? What are the implications? Struggling to stay in the BSP, relegation, lower gates, relegation, lower gates and on and on?

The 'Wisdom of the Masses' this year, have been to leave in droves!

None of the promises 'on the tin' have been met by Will"Barnum" Brooks!

Go back to the start of the whole affair:

Leeds at the top of his table of Clubs that MyFC were interested in, how many people did this influence?

Choosing a Club that were capable of reaching the Premiership(Blue Square Premiership?)!

Owning the Club(The Trust owns the Club, not the members!)!

Picking the Team(Okay you can pick a team, but Liam((quite rightly)) picks the team and the members have no influence what so ever!

Now membership is dwindling, running costs of the Club are going up, it doesn't bode well for the future.

The bottom line is, the majority of people in the Ebbsfleet catchment area are not(and never have been, in large numbers)concerned in whether they have a Football Club in the area or not!

I, for one, am pleased with what the Club have achieved in the last few years, but if it meanms the Club folding, I would rather see the Club drop a few Leagues and play at a level the Club can afford! If other people don't agree, then they should ask themselves if they are true Ebbsfleet supporters, or only glory hunters, like it seems, the majority of MyFC Members are!

Originally Posted By: Chopper TN
Setanta does not show any non-league football here in the States, Setanta Shield included.

Oh well. frown

Originally Posted By: Uncle Urchin
the simple answer which no fcker from myfc wants to understand is to sell the club...ebbs can get back on track and myfc can then start again with a new or much smaller NL club and build up a fan base....

In some ways MyFC has been very unsettling but in others it brought a bit of consistency and stability (although things do look a bit wobbly at the moment!). Liam Daish hasn't had the best of runs during this season but has been supported by loyal fans. We all know that rich dictator owners are fickle and I wonder how quickly Mr Daish would have either jumped or been pushed with one of these power mad autocrats at the helm duel

The good thing about MyFC is that apart from the person controlling it, the MyFC members are slow to move and this has allowed Liam the opportunity of reaching a more purple patch...

crikey loose...what stability...its a fckn circus IMO....

as for us power crazed autocrats.....grin

Well, I'm asking you. What has MyFC really changed?

all football needs money loose and it has to come from somewhere....ebbs blew a million quid one way or the other and most successful clubs are black holes...if you wanna win then you need money and its usually from the pockets of an individual and yes you are right....you get no thanx for it as the supporters tend to resent the success of the person that provided it so its a double edged sword...

twas ever thus and if the individual does it for the acclaim then they are going to be disappointed....thanx for the money now fck off is not new to harry you know...grin

The way I see it Uncs, EUFC has two supporters clubs, a bit inefficient innit but better than one person who has their own motives and moves.

All it does need to do though is be a bit more "involving" and keep their owners.

can't say I agree loose but I get your point.....IMO ebbs would be better now in the hands of a private individual/s who can grasp the club..rally the fan base....inject some funds into it and take it onwards.....after 4/5 years sell it on again and get new impetus...

an owner fights a continuous battle with the manager over playing budgets and finance in general...after a while...as I did...you lose your energy and forward thinking ability and its time to have a clear up and move on....myfc and ebbs cannot take that option and the myfc energy has been lost a while back for obvious reasons...

myfc is fcked and that won't change all the time they have ebbs...get rid of paddington and his weasles and use the sale money to start agin with sensible elected officials at the helm..

can't say I agree loose but I get your point.....IMO ebbs would be better now in the hands of a private individual/s who can grasp the club..rally the fan base....inject some funds into it and take it onwards.....after 4/5 years sell it on again and get new impetus...

an owner fights a continuous battle with the manager over playing budgets and finance in general...after a while...as I did...you lose your energy and forward thinking ability and its time to have a clear up and move on....myfc and ebbs cannot take that option and the myfc energy has been lost a while back for obvious reasons...

myfc is fcked and that won't change all the time they have ebbs...get rid of paddington and his weasles and use the sale money to start agin with sensible elected officials at the helm..

My point is that MyFC have been very successful at preserving the status quo at Stonebridge Road.

You are quite right in my estimation that its the weasels who have been responsible for taking the wheels off and losing the funding.

Contingency plan AB63: Convince Master Brooks that his brilliant idea for raising funds was not so brilliant for keeping funds. Ask Master Brooks to go off and start another brilliant idea with another sport.

New business surely? Theres a lot of opinion that the US is largely untapped. Setanta games are available in the States aren't they?

Nothing an american club owner would like more than to tell his workmates on a monday morning that the team he picked won a game. Next time they are all round his place watching the games, getting juiced up and signing up on the internet.

Might have to ask the FA if we can introduce advertising breaks and halftime cheerleader entertainment.

Not lower league games. Usually only Premiership

Originally Posted By: britman
New business surely? Theres a lot of opinion that the US is largely untapped. Setanta games are available in the States aren't they?

Nothing an american club owner would like more than to tell his workmates on a monday morning that the team he picked won a game. Next time they are all round his place watching the games, getting juiced up and signing up on the internet.

Might have to ask the FA if we can introduce advertising breaks and halftime cheerleader entertainment.

I'm sure a certain AFF 1 would back you up on that one, Britman !!

bolt

Originally Posted By: Big J R
Originally Posted By: britman

I'm sure a certain AFF 1 would back you up on that one, Britman !!
bolt

My blood pressure is way too high as it is John! achso

Combine this with the continued slump regarding Myfc numbers.

I would be surprised if after next renewals in february(or whatever)more than 5K members will remain.

People need to understand that this situation is a very severe one for Eufc.The "owner" of the club doesn