Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RELEGATION

Means we have the away dressing room one match and the home the next...Hope this answers your answer in full

Originally Posted By: Captain Birdseye
Looks like chessingtons words have come back to haunt him cause Bedfont cannot be relegated and chessington must be favourites to go down now!

easy 3 points for us at Bookham and Guildofrd to lose!!! not that it matters whoever finishes 3rd from bottom as they wont get relegated it was only if bedfont finished 3rd they would get relegated due to being constantly [****!!****] each season

• 4 weeks later...

From the Camberley Forum.

So, latest news. Guildford look to be safe so that's Cobham down.

And we're going to Croydon next season so that's Hartley Wintney down.

Nothing against Croydon as a club but it's a bug... to get to.

A message from the CCL to HW (probably personal but it's in the public domain now)

Croydon F.C. a club at step 5 in the Kent League had asked to be moved across to our competition, they (Croydon) have in fact been asking for the last few seasons and it has been rejected by the F.A.

The Football Association has considered it again this year and is likely to agree the move and they have asked for our views on the matter.

Factors in the leagues above us were dictating who would be relegated form step 4 to us and as we now know this will not occur.

The board has discussed it and feel that this move should go ahead which will mean relegation for your club to division 1.

http://hartleyfc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=49

I believe it is wrong to relegate a club so that another can move across the pyramid and replace them. Another example of the pyramid steering committee getting it wrong.

Clubs should only move across leagues in an agreed swap situation or if there is a vacancy in the league!

Can I share that cab Teffers????

Yes CC jump in anytime wink

I agree with you on that too CC, Croydon decided to move to the kent league in the first place why should they now be allowed to move across as someone elses expense.

Playing devils advocate, another view is that HW were relegated because they finished bottom 2 (22 points behind the next placed team)

Croydon have therefore filled the vacancy because the other top 3 side from Div 1 weren't able to get promoted for ground grading reasons?

Originally Posted By: Chris Clapham
I believe it is wrong to relegate a club so that another can move across the pyramid and replace them. Another example of the pyramid steering committee getting it wrong.
Clubs should only move across leagues in an agreed swap situation or if there is a vacancy in the league!

Can I share that cab Teffers????

Bl00dy Egyptians never could steer properly !

doh

Originally Posted By: Teflon
Yes CC jump in anytime wink

I agree with you on that too CC, Croydon decided to move to the Kent League in the first place why should they now be allowed to move across as someone elses expense.

Just to correct you Teffers, we didn't "decide" to move to the Kent League in the first place, the F.A. decided that one. Our original preference was to join the Combined Counties, when Ryman 2 disbanded.

I've only heard the rumours today that we're joining the CoCo (no official news, or even unofficial news forthcoming from our club as yet). As far as I'm aware , its not a done deal yet. I think the Kent League have to agree, and seeing as they're struggling once again on numbers, I'm far from convinced they will agree to the move

All ex-secretarys are kents aren't they? wink

For what its worth, if it does go ahead then i wouldn't be happy if I was a HW supporter. But then if they hadn't finished in the bottom two in the first place ....