Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Bizzare game tonight @ Sheerwater

Knaphill comfortable at half time 2 -0 up.

Get a man sent off half way though the second but moments later make it 3. Sheerwater reply through a pen straight away and then pull another back. With 15 mins left get awarded a penalty and convert to seemingly make it 3-3. Ref however spotted an incroachment into the area and instead of a re-take gives Knaphill a free kick. Can someone clarify the rules on this. Finished 3-2 to Knaphill

Law 14 - Penalty Kicks

If the penalty was scored, it should have been re-taken

If the penalty was missed, game re-starts with a free kick

A team-mate of the player taking the kick enters the penalty area or moves in front of or within 9.5 m (10 yds) of the penalty mark:

the referee allows the kick to proceed

if the ball enters the goal, the kick is retaken

if the ball does not enter the goal, the kick is not retaken

Looks likely the ref made a wee mistake that could cost the chasing sides big-time

thank goodness thats been cleared up.

knaphill 3 points - and back on track

no stand no floodlights - Watch this space!

and most importantly no bar! - Watch this space!

However it's a nice modern enclosed ground/facility with a very good pitch (when it does not rain!)compared to some of the d**s**t ground/facilities that are currently in the C.C.L!

There have been 3 instances I know of where games have been replayed due to a side appealing that the Referee was incorrect in law. So I would presume if Sheerwater appeal they will win.

League set a precedent this season when the Badshot Lea/Wembley cup tie was ultimately won by BL, but the same wrong decision was made when the scores were level. Game was replayed and this ended up in a win for Wembley. I would imagine that, if there is an appeal, this would mean they would have to replay the game. Also, whilst on, can I add my congratulations to Bedfont Green for their promotion.

Yes I echo my sentiments about Bedfont Green too. Done so well in such a short space of time. Will get tougher though.

Heard all about the shannigans of last night and the referee certainly has a lot to answer for. This decision/result will have far reaching implications at the top of the table for many reasons.

This result seriously affects whether we win the League or not but having to replay the game through the incompetence of a referee could set a serious presedence. My take is that we just have to accept these things in football and the I dont agree with a re-play.

Interesting though how the League approach this.

it could get messy. Didn't the league uphold the Badshot Lea v Wembley result only for it to be overturned by the FA. I guess it all depends on Sheerwater now.

Originally Posted By: Krooner
There have been 3 instances I know of where games have been replayed due to a side appealing that the Referee was incorrect in law. So I would presume if Sheerwater appeal they will win.

That did spring to mind, but I knew that you would know.. smile

Only 1 person on this forum who knows more than me coupy....

and that is you smile Now clear off back to the ESL to wind them up about your promotion. Got your own ground yet ? wink