Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Prince Charles

Why?

He was in India on a state visit paying tribute.

10778725273_bb76d22e81_z.jpg

Walked right into that one Rhodesly. Crikey how thick are you?

Too much Strictly causes Foot In Mouth disease, it would seem ;)

Too much Strictly causes Foot In Mouth disease, it would seem ;)

Too much Agenda makes Rhodesly a very sad case.

Going slightly off topic. I caught the tail end of the British Legion programme on Saturday night and was surprised to see the dashing Prince Edward sporting a row of medals on his chest. Considering his less than glorious six week military career I thought that was rather odd to say the least. Do these people have any sense of shame, or are they just plain bonkers.

Were the medals not ceremonial?

I see that, surprise, surprise, Prince Charles was not at the Cenotaph this morning for the wreath laying ceremony, disgusting!

Why ??

Why?

He was in India on a state visit paying tribute.

Ian - Yes I know Charles was in India on a State Visit but that's no excuse for missing the annual Cenotaph event is it when the date is set in stone every year, sadly he has become a liability!

Ian - Yes I know Charles was in India on a State Visit but that's no excuse for missing the annual Cenotaph event is it when the date is set in stone every year, sadly he has become a liability!

You really talk some rubbish at times!

So are you saying that our leaders and royal family should not pay tribute in other lands where people also gave their lives for your freedom?

You really talk some rubbish at times!

So are you saying that our leaders and royal family should not pay tribute in other lands where people also gave their lives for your freedom?

only at times?

The day is set in stone every year so there's no excuse not to be at the Cenotaph, that's my point!

Rhodes doesn't understand that people from the Commonwealth died and were buried elsewhere along with British Forces who died elsewhere too and the Royal Family take it in turns to attend Remembrance Sunday in these places too?

Hardly news is it.

Moving on... I understand that not only Prince Charles but also other members of the Royal Family are picking up some of the slack since our Queen is understandably slowing down a bit. Deserves it in my opinion. 

Indeed.

When I went to Monecassino, I was amazed at the sheer number of Indians who gave their lives in the wars.

On a brighter note, happy 65th birthday to Prince Charles.

Indeed.

When I went to Monecassino, I was amazed at the sheer number of Indians who gave their lives in the wars.

On a brighter note, happy 65th birthday to Prince Charles.

I read somewhere this week that the old fool is going to donate his state pension to charity. I personally would rather he paid the same proportion of his vast income to the inland revenue, the same of the rest of us have to.

I read somewhere this week that the old fool is going to donate his state pension to charity. I personally would rather he paid the same proportion of his vast income to the inland revenue, the same of the rest of us have to.

Not a Royalist then, Mate ????

:bolt:

The trouble is that, as I said, Charles has become a liability and nobody is interested in Camilla Parker Bowles, William has to succeed the Queen with the iconic Kate as Queen and baby George or else the Royal family will lose all credbility

I could see that happening, Rhodes, although I am quite sure that Prince Charles will want his turn on the throne.

Zippy - Well if that is to be the case then lets hope the Queen lives for as long as her Mother and doesn't relinquish the throne to Charles until she dies

I did read that Prince Charles views being Monarch as being "imprisoned", making his ability to hold forth on his passionate opinions and views an impossibility. It does make you wonder if he would like to abdicate were his chance to come around during his lifetime.

His family seem a long lived one, look at his grandmother, his mother and father. Philip ramrod straight again during events after a series of illnesses, and surely his mother could go on for decades. Charles may not outlive his mother so Rhodesly may get his wish yet. There again, how long will Rhodesly live? Will he live to see any of it? Will I even? Never mind.