Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Friendlies Results Tuesday 4th August

Merstham 0 - RPV 1

Only saw 2nd half, Very poor MFC they will struggle this year on this performance.

Good RPV performance lacking final ball or score would have been a lot more.

MFC looked like a mid table CCL team on a bad day.

Westfield 2 - 2 Woking

not often I say this but we were superb all night.played a Woking reserve side feat 4 or 5 of the first team squad and had easily beaten ryman opposed In previous games and we dominated. They led through 2 long range worldies but we hit back with 2 goals in last ten mims from lee allum and greg pummell(and down to ten men)

well done lads and lets hope this carries onto saturday

Merstham 0 - 1 RPV

Scored midway through the first half from RPV left winger, a very good team goal.

Good performance from Raynes Park Vale who will suprise many this season.

Merstham need alot of luck to stay in there division this season going on that performance.

RE Knaphill 2-2 Ascot

I was there too - thought Ascot were easily 1 level better for most of the game but were too slack defensively 2nd half and over-complicated things around goal. Then again apart from that feeble punch out which led to the 1st goal the Ascot keeper made some v. good saves.

Impressed by Knappers fitness - Ascot were wilting a bit by the end.

Shame the crowd was fairly small - headcount barely 20 at start weren't too many more by the end.

... and another late call off twixt Bookham & Frimley ...

... taken from the Frimley G site

Unfortunately last nights friendly was called off late in the afternoon due to Bookham having problems raising a side due to injuries and illness.

... any other scores about?

I've noticed elsewhere :

Reading bt Farnham 5-3

Badshot Lea 0-2 H&W

Originally Posted By: happy harry
Worcester park 1 Chertsey 0

WHAT HAPPY HARRY CHERTSEY LOST YET AGAIN TO LOWER OPPOSITION, LAST WEEK IT WAS KNAPHILL ! SO WHAT'S GOING WRONG WITH THEM, PERHAPS THE GOLD-DIGGER FOOTBALLERS ARE UNHAPPY WITH THEIR WAGES BEING SO CALLED SLASHED!

WAS YOU THERE WATCHING HAPPY HARRY? IF NOT CAN ANYONE ELSE GIVE A SHORT SUMMARY OF THE GAME ?

Originally Posted By: Elf_Mole
Molesey 1-1 Ashford Town

Not bad against a team 2 divisions higher

YEP ELF MOLE A GOOD FOOTBALLING GAME AND EXCELLENT RESULT FROM (CCL) MOLESEY.

AFTER WATCHING THE DAVE WILSON FINAL IN WHICH MOLESEY WERE VICTORIOUS AGAINST A STRONG ATTACKING LEATHERSIDE WHO BY THE WAY BEAT TOOTING 3-1 LAST NIGHT, I THOUGHT I'D GO TO MOLESEY FOR THE 1ST TIME AND WHAT A LOVELY PLACE, THE CLUBHOUSE, PITCH, SURROUNDINGS WERE EXCELLENT ALONG WITH LOVELY PEOPLE. PROBABLY THE BEST GROUND I'VE VISITED IN THE CCL. CLEARLY A RYMANS GROUND

MOLESEY CONTINUED THEIR GOOD FORM FROM SATURDAY AND AGAIN, THERE WAS LITTLE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE 2 TEAMS WITH ASHFORD BEING 2 DIVISONS HIGHER THAN THEIR LOWLY OPPONENTS.

I LIKE THE WAY MOLESEY PLAY, THEIR DEFENCE ARE SOLID & HARD TO BREAK DOWN AND GOING FORWARD ARE DANGEROUS WITH SOME VERY GOOD FOOTBALLERS AS DID ASHFORD IT MUST BE SAID WHO DELIGHTED ON OCCASIONS PLAYING A 3.5.2 FORMAT. HOWEVER, AGAIN IT WAS A MISTAKE BY THE MOLESEY RIGHT BACK THAT LED TO ASHFORD'S GOAL WHICH WAS WELL TAKEN BY THEIR ATTACKING FULL BACK.

AGAIN, MOLESEY WERE NOT DETERED AND FROM A NEUTRAL SUPPORTER WATCHING, THEY WENT FOR IT AND SHOWED ALOT OF CHARACTER AS THEY DID ON SATURDAY CAUSING ASHFORD PLENTY OF PROBLEMS.

GOING DOWN 1-0 AT HALF TIME, THEY STARTED SHARPLY AFTER THE INTERVAL AND WENT CLOSE ON 2 OCCASIONS, THEN INIVITABLE THEY EQUALISED WITH A FINE MOVE WHICH LED TO A GREAT CROSS THOSE OF WHICH DEFENDERS HATE AND RESULTED IN ASHFORDS DEFENDER HEADING INTO HIS OWN NET.

AFTER ALOT OF SUB-CHANGES, THE LAST 10 MINS SAW ASHFORD INCREASE THE PRESSURE, BUT MOLESEY HELD PUT STUBBINGLY FOR AN IMPRESSIVE 1-1 RESULT.

MOLESEY PLAY GOOD FOOTBALL WHICH IS EASY ON THE EYE. I THINK I MIGHT HAVE SAID IT BEFORE, THEY COULD BE THE DARK HORSES FOR THE CCL PROMOTION PLACE.

Originally Posted By: bomaya
Originally Posted By: wimb02

Merstham need alot of luck to stay in there division this season going on that performance.

We could also do with our whole team not deserting us for Leatherhead.

EXCUSES, EXCUSES AND ITS NOT THE WHOLE TEAM DESERTING YOU. HEARD ON SATURDAY THAT 4 PLAYERS HAVE GONE TO LEATHERHEAD, ANYWAY ITS MERSTHAMS FAULT IF YOU CAN'T KEEP 'EM ! DEFEAT AGAINST LOWER CCL DIVISION OPPOSITION. YOUR SEASON LOOKS REALLY HEALTHY UNLIKE YOUR POSTS! LOOK OUT MAYBE CCL NEXT SEASON ?