Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best movie

Is anyone planning to see the new James Bond Film, Skyfall, and who was their favourite Bond, 'the wooden' Daniel Craig hasn't done himself any harm has he following the recent London 2012 Opening Ceremony spoof with the Queen.

Favourite Bond: Roger Moore

Favourite Film: View To A Kill (and also my favourite bond sound track too)

LATO - I don't know whether you've ever seen The Cable Guy, I doubt it, but it's full of amazing impressions by Jim Carey, there's one from Startrek where Kirk and Spock have a fight 'to the death' and Carey plays Spock, did you ever watch Startrek or is that another Titanic and Schindlers List:

'Jim Carey did a re-enactment of the "Amok Time" with Spock and Kirk's - fight to the death duel in his "Cable Guy" movie. It was brilliant. In the duel scene you'll see why this master of crazy comedy is just so funny with Chip and Kovac slugging it out in the arena. Jim Carey's improvised "Star Trek" crazed sound effects are totally hysterical. I love how Cable Guy carries on with humming the "Amok Time" lyric as he walks away from Kovac (Broderick), triumphant and with his hands held high'.

As I said before if you are going to champion someone then get the basic facts right.

Nice cut and paste - upto your usual standard and no not seen Cable Guy

favourite Bond - haven't got one as the films are all the same plot but as an actor I would say Sean Connery.

for anybody at home To Catch a Thief is about to start on Film 4. Hitchcock, Grant, Kelly and the French Riviera - fantastic

for anybody at home To Catch a Thief is about to start on Film 4. Hitchcock, Grant, Kelly and the French Riviera - fantastic

I think Cary Grant was Hitchcock's best lead Lato. Did you have a favourite?

I think Cary Grant was Hitchcock's best lead Lato. Did you have a favourite?

Good question Loose. Rear Window is my favourite Hitchcock film but I agree Cary Grant is his best male lead. Grace Kelly is the epitome of the Hitchcock blonde Ice Maiden though - I don't think he ever really recovered 'the magic' once she gave up acting (the superb North by Northwest apart)

Good question Loose. Rear Window is my favourite Hitchcock film but I agree Cary Grant is his best male lead. Grace Kelly is the epitome of the Hitchcock blonde Ice Maiden though - I don't think he ever really recovered 'the magic' once she gave up acting (the superb North by Northwest apart)

James Stewart being my favourite actor of all time, I never really enjoyed his Hitchcock roles, Rope being by far the least favourite but I'm glad you give North by Northwest a mention since it is by far the most enjoyable Grant film in my book.

James Stewart being my favourite actor of all time, I never really enjoyed his Hitchcock roles, Rope being by far the least favourite but I'm glad you give North by Northwest a mention since it is by far the most enjoyable Grant film in my book.

Best actor =Meryl Streep and Alec Guinness

Fave actor = Julia Roberts

Most entertaining actor = David Niven

I can't say that I'm To Catch A Thief's biggest fan as it is a bit dull in places although I can watch Cary Grant all day. I think Grant should have been cast in The Birds instead of the smarmy Rod Taylor and it was a big mistake of Hitchcock's not to do so.

Just settling down to watch The Third Man. Can't believe I haven't seen it in twenty odd years.

Just settling down to watch The Third Man. Can't believe I haven't seen it in twenty odd years.

One of my top five films ever...enjoy

Just settling down to watch The Third Man

Loosely - You said it, on your sofa no doubt where you're most at home aren't you with the laptop next to you or on your lap and with your nursemaid, sorry, wife fetching and carrying for you, I rest my case.

Edited by Rhodes

Loosely - You said it, on your sofa no doubt where you're most at home aren't you with the laptop next to you or on your lap and with your nursemaid, sorry, wife fetching and carrying for you, I rest my case.

Now now Rhodesy, your naked envy is naked!

Loosely - Our mutual friend in darkest Essex once told me that you spend the majority of your time prostrate on your sofa watching tv or on your laptop barking orders to your good lady and expecting her to fetch and carry for you, I don't know how he knows but shame on you

Loosely - Our mutual friend in darkest Essex once told me that you spend the majority of your time prostrate on your sofa watching tv or on your laptop barking orders to your good lady and expecting her to fetch and carry for you, I don't know how he knows but shame on you

Rhodesy - our mutual friend in darkest Haringey once told me that your missus spent most of her time prostrate on the bed with the landlord on top of her with you barking orders to move her hips faster. I dont know how he knows but shame on you.

Oh you are being so petulantly personal tonight aren't you? That chip on your shoulder looks like it came from a green potato, must be giving you a bellyache.

Can't you stay on topic at all Rhodesy?

Seems quite an idylic way to spend a dark winter evening to me, made even better by sharing the odd bottle or two of some decent Italian wine.

Seems quite an idylic way to spend a dark winter evening to me, made even better by sharing the odd bottle or two of some decent Italian wine.

I can't tell you the number of sofas we get through!