Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best movie

Jeff Daniels has to be one of the most under rated actors on the planet, who can forget his performance in Terms of Endearment!

Saw The Imposter today....okay not in my top ten but still well worth a watch. One hell of a story and it would make a great screenplay if it all panned out as suggested.

• 2 weeks later...

Midnight Express was on this week, did anybody catch it, amazing stuff with a 'haunting' soundtrack

Midnight Express was on this week, did anybody catch it, amazing stuff with a 'haunting' soundtrack

YUP !

Brilliant film !"

There’s one iconic scene in Midnight Express where Billy’s girlfriend visits him at the prison, Jim Carey does a brilliant impersonation of that in the Cable Guy

One very under-rated British film is Wilt, with Mel Smith and Griff Rhys-Jones.

There's a line about half-way through which always makes me think of one of my old bosses:

'He fancies himself as a verbal contortionist; the logic chopper.'

I was never Mel Smith or Griff Rhys-Jones biggest fan, I found them a bit dull to be honest

They were alright imho, not as good as The Two Ronnies or Monty Python, but they'd run rings around most modern comedians.

Hale and Pace were good as well.

They were alright imho, not as good as The Two Ronnies or Monty Python, but they'd run rings around most modern comedians.

Hale and Pace were good as well.

Smith and Jones had moments but worked better I thought in Not the Nine O'Clock News...but Hale and Pace....please, the Chuckle Brothers have got more talent.

There’s one iconic scene in Midnight Express where Billy’s girlfriend visits him at the prison, Jim Carey does a brilliant impersonation of that in the Cable Guy

if you are going to champion someone then get the basic facts right rhodesy.

The Chuckle Brothers pioneered Barcelona's game:

'To me, to you, to me, to you....'

Not really a 'Best Movie', but did anyone watch 'District Nine' on FreeSat last night ?

A South African film with absolutely stunning effects which were generated in New Zealand.

I'm not normally a sci-fi film fan, but I have to admit to being spell-bound by this one. It's a very clever film which is basically taking digs at South Africa's pas history

http://www.sonypictu...ideo/district9/

Edited by Big J R

In no particular order this month-

Buttmans big butt adventures-Clacton on Sea.

Milf Anal party

Scrooge-the one starring Clegg and Cameron

Edited by Pink Panther

Back to Lionel Jeffries and Co.

Watched this again today on Free Sat.

A true British Classic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-jT53UCXKA&feature=related

if you are going to champion someone then get the basic facts right rhodesy

LATO - I don't know whether you've ever seen The Cable Guy, I doubt it, but it's full of amazing impressions by Jim Carey, there's one from Startrek where Kirk and Spock have a fight 'to the death' and Carey plays Spock, did you ever watch Startrek or is that another Titanic and Schindlers List:

'Jim Carey did a re-enactment of the "Amok Time" with Spock and Kirk's - fight to the death duel in his "Cable Guy" movie. It was brilliant. In the duel scene you'll see why this master of crazy comedy is just so funny with Chip and Kovac slugging it out in the arena. Jim Carey's improvised "Star Trek" crazed sound effects are totally hysterical. I love how Cable Guy carries on with humming the "Amok Time" lyric as he walks away from Kovac (Broderick), triumphant and with his hands held high'.

One film to keep an eye out for is UHF starring the brilliant Weird Al Yankovic.