Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Best movie

Loosely – I expected that sort of reply and you haven’t disappointed!

Good, then perhaps you'll allow people to continue discussing their favourite movies and having some decent honest banter without you constantly looking to take the thread off topic with your slurs and smears.

• 3 weeks later...

I am going to open the whole ludicrous Sellers v Carrey debate by pointing out that Dr Strangelove is on Film 4 again tomorrow. rhodsey if you can get a chance watch it and then come back and still tell me that Carrey is a better actor than Sellers. Also I challenge you to find a single moment in ANY Jim Carrey movie where fellow members of the cast are on film deseprately trying not to laugh at his performance as occurs in 'Strangelove' viz Seller's portrayal of the title character.

I'm being honest when I say I've never once cracked a smile watching Peter Sellers, I just don't find him funny at all whereas Jim Carey has had me rolling around the living room floor

Take films such as Liar Liar, The Cable Guy, The Mask, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Bruce Almighty and Dumb and Dumber, all pure gold!

Edited by Rhodes

Take films such as Liar Liar, The Cable Guy, The Mask, Ace Ventura Pet Detective, Bruce Almighty and Dumb and Dumber, all pure gold!

Entitled to your opinion of course but think as usual you are being reactionary. Of the above I have seen two and can say apart from Cameron Diaz dancing the Mask was total cack while Dumb and Dumber well words fail me about what people could possibly see in this pile of drivel

Edited by Lato

I'd rather watch "Two way stretch".

good choice, Wrong Arm of the Law is another good choice and I'm Alright Jack of course.

Packed with comedy stars.

Lionel Jeffries as Chief Prison Officer Crout was pure genius.

Edited by Big J R

Don't forget "Soapy Stevens"

while Dumb and Dumber well words fail me about what people could possibly see in this pile of drivel

LATO - What about the toilet scene then after Jeff Daniels was given a laxitive by Jim Carey, surely the comedy moment of all time!

Don't forget "Soapy Stevens"

The wonderful Wilfred Hyde-White - great performance as always from this fine actor

while Dumb and Dumber well words fail me about what people could possibly see in this pile of drivel

LATO - What about the toilet scene then after Jeff Daniels was given a laxitive by Jim Carey, surely the comedy moment of all time!

I saw the film once a few years ago...thought it was c**p and deleted it from the memory bank but your description of that moment does not exactly have me rolling on the floor. To be fair to Mr Carrey, I do think The Truman Show is a good film - no doubt you don't rate that one as its too cerebral.

IMO Peter Sellers was a comic genius, but after reading a biography about him, he does seem to have been a rather unpleasant person. Steve Martin, Leslie Neilson, Spike Milligan and every single Dads Army episode always make me laugh. Jim Carey is a very funny man, but most of his films don't do him justice unfortunately.

Jim Carey is a very funny man, but most of his films don't do him justice unfortunately

I can see where you are coming from as Carey has never once received the credit he thoroughly deserves, if he was 'a straight' actor, like Tom Hanks for example, he would win the actor in a leading role Oscar every year and nobody else would get a look in.

better repair the carpet to get read to roll on it rhodsey as the much belated sequel to Dumb and Dumber starts shooting this year with Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels reprising their roles.

Reminds me of Dumb & Dumber (but not as good as the XTC original):