Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Amanda Knox - Guilty or Innocent

Loosely - Does it matter where I have visited, I certainly wouldn't put my life in danger by going somewhere like Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Mexico City or Kingston.

You brought up SA, Mexico and the Carrib. I've never been to any of them, have you?

Well no, if you recall that was my initial point as I wouldn't go to those crime ridden Countries if you paid me. According to your list Italy is in 47th place however I think that is misleading and I would put Italy more in the top 20 or 25.

To be fair I have always considered Italy to be a really safe holiday destination, possibly because they don't seem to have a drinking culture. Apart from certain areas in London the only European country where I have ever felt unsafe was Portugal, sitting in the back of a taxi driven by one of the many maniac Portuguese taxi drivers.

My mate is from sarf Africa and the reason she is over here (she has dual nationality) is because it's a dangerous place to live,the country isn't so bad but still has it's problems,the city is completely different though and in her owns words "it feels as if there's more chance of something happening to you than not every time you go out"

As for Mexico,you wouldn't walk round on your own even in the city centre after dark,in London the majority of crime is against persons who are already involved in crime and tourists are very very safe in London.Even in cities like Paris you will have problems in the city centre on your own after dark,thankfully London is still safe that way

Loosely - Does it matter where I have visited, I certainly wouldn't put my life in danger by going somewhere like Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Mexico City or Kingston.

Crikey Rhodes, I'd no idea you were so prickly on the subject, just a polite enquiry as to where you did consider safe enough to visit given your strong fears, after all you've felt free to speculate on where I might have travelled to and been spectacularly wrong. Never mind, if it's such a desperate secret you keep it to yourself.

Crikey Rhodes, I'd no idea you were so prickly on the subject, just a polite enquiry as to where you did consider safe enough to visit given your strong fears, after all you've felt free to speculate on where I might have travelled to and been spectacularly wrong. Never mind, if it's such a desperate secret you keep it to yourself.

Rhodes travel experiences are limited to how far his oyster card will take him coffee%20(2).gif

Rhodes travel experiences are limited to how far his oyster card will take him coffee%20(2).gif

That shouldn't stop him from being an expert on foreign travel should it?

I see that the case was featured on the front page of yesterday's Sun newspaper with Meredith Kercher's father stating how unhappy he is with the forthcoming tv movie due to be screened in the US on 21 February:

http://www.thesun.co...urder-film.html

Lets get back to the topic of this thread and I note that the tv movie was screened in the US last night as planned on the Lifetime Channel drawing a huge audience:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/italy/8340119/Amanda-Knox-family-attack-selfish-and-shameful-film.html

I've been to South Africa twice without incident. It's possible I've been incredibly lucky. The nearest I came to danger over the two trips was from the wildlife.

Sjj2112 - Take the recent incident where Shiren Dewani's wife Anni was murdered whilst they were on honeymoon in South Africa, that said it all for me and it sounds like you had a very lucky escape

I've been to South Africa twice without incident. It's possible I've been incredibly lucky. The nearest I came to danger over the two trips was from the wildlife.

Sjj2112 - Take the recent incident where Shiren Dewani's wife Anni was murdered whilst they were on honeymoon in South Africa, that said it all for me and it sounds like you had a very lucky escape

better stear clear of London then as someone was murdered there this week and last....

Of all the examples you could have picked....

As this one is still in the midst of legal procedure it's probably best not to say too much. Let's just say I'd be surprised if this one is entirely down to South African criminals. Allegedly.

Meanwhile, you stick to picking and choosing which experiences to believe. If it's negative and from somebody you don't know from Adam it must be the absolute truth. If it's positive and from somebody you have met on a number of occasions it can be dismissed.

Welcome to Rhodes World.....

Edited by sjj2112

As this one is still in the midst of legal procedure it's probably best not to say too much. Let's just say I'd be surprised if this one is entirely down to South African criminals. Allegedly.

Meanwhile, you stick to picking and choosing which experiences to believe. If it's negative and from somebody you don't know from Adam it must be the absolute truth. If it's positive and from somebody you have met on a number of occasions it can be dismissed.

Welcome to Rhodes World.....

Its becoming increasingly obvious to me that lesser beings just cant handle the fact that Rhodes is once again spot on.

If anyone chooses to visit crime ridden hotspots, and then expect braver people than they could ever be, come to their rescue and putting their own lives in danger at the same time, is to me selfish and irresponsible.

Maybe one solution would be the government putting a prohibitive travel tax on anyone visiting dangerous countries so only the rich and useless could visit these unsavoury places.

Sjj2112 - I have been following the case closely of Bristol based Shiren Dewani and his unfortunate wife Anni who were caught in the wrong place at the wrong time whilst on honeymoon in Cape Town, as far as I can see Dewani has been appallingly treated and had nothing whatsoever to do with his wife's shocking murder

Keeps - What are you on about now, Dewani runs a hugely successful care home company in Bristol with one of his brothers and is a multi-millionaire, he's whiter than white

Sjj2112 - I have been following the case closely of Bristol based Shiren Dewani and his unfortunate wife Anni who were caught in the wrong place at the wrong time whilst on honeymoon in Cape Town, as far as I can see Dewani has been appallingly treated and had nothing whatsoever to do with his wife's shocking murder

You don't see anything at all unusual in [a] choosing to go into a dangerous township after dark and two ruthless murderers choosing to let two eye witnesses walk away totally unharmed?

Edited by sjj2112

Sjj2112 - Well no, not at all, Shiren Dewani and his wife Anni wanted to see how the other half lived as it were and took a taxi to the township after an evening meal, like I said they were just in the wrong place at the wrong time and the taxi was ambushed