Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

INJURIES !

Big J R

I thought I'd start this new thread in light of BEEN THERE'S query about the new 'Daily Mail' buzz-word of 'Kompensayshun', (courtesy of Littlejohn).

Several contributors to our beloved CCL forum are players.

QUESTION 1:- Have you insured yourself against injuries receive whilst playing football ?

or......................

QUESTION 2:- Does the club you play for insure you.?

I appreciate it isn't that cheap, but we at DFC know only too well of one of our players who received a horrific injury. He's self-employed, and the prognosis of his injury is that he won't be working for well over 6 months.

Rightly or wrongly, we now seem to live in an age of suing for just about everything and anything, so clubs and officials are going to be very careful when it comes to making final decisions of whether a game will go ahead or not because of the state of the pitch.

I really would appreciate your thoughts on the matter, especially players.

Edited by Big J R

B.J.R. a very important issue to raise that is very close to my heart at the moment.Whilst all clubs take out Public Liability Insurance, many I am led to believe do not insure their players against injury,even fewer for Sunday Football which many C.C.L.,Ryman players play in.With money being scarce at the moment for all Football Clubs,I fear this situation will only get worse next season.Time I feel for the Powers that be, make it a written rule that all Clubs insure their Players,or Players are encouraged to insure themselves in a block policy.

Nice idea BT but will never happen

Not forgetting Officials of course,I'm on the case so it might.Letter in post already to Surrey F.A ,whose income comes mainly from Clubs and Players,they could broker a deal.I got 1 rule changed this year by Surrey F.A.due to my protests. But seeing as most people will not spend £5 to join this Forum,they hardly going to have enough money to Insure themselves.

Edited by BEEN THERE

Not a case of players not having the money.

More a case of they never believe it would happen to them and would rather spend their money on booze and fags

We as supporters of this great game slate players for NO LOYALTY,but when they get injured where is the LOYALTY from the Clubs towards them.The N.H.S.,D.W.P.are their saviours.

I used to play Camberley & District football on a Sunday and the our manager told us that the team couldn't take part unless they had some players injury insurance.

In November 2007 for I broke my leg in five places against Frimley Green, I spent a week in Frimley Park Hospital and then was in cast for 3 months along with crutches for 8 months. It was 19 months until I could cycle and jog but what really caused me problems was working outside manually, I was off for 7-8 months all unpaid and had to live on £10.50 a week and a one off payment of £78 for the injury!! My club didn't help me one bit and neither did the NHS I wasn't considered elligable to have physio and couldn't afford to pay for it so had to learn to walk again and get myself fit! Many hours in the gym and on the streets running after street lights in a bit to return!!

What was also gutting was this came after I cancelled my health care in early November as from January 1st 2008 work would be supplying free health care! I've since had to change my job (with better health care) into IT mainly because of a real career but also because working outside was getting hard on the leg. Football is ok but the cold gets to it as I got minor arthritus around my knee and with 11 pins, 2 rods and 2 cuff plates (all weighing 7-8lbs) you can see why I struggle!! :frown:

Edited by Wattsy

Always had personal insurance when I played and have continued it now. Never needed it but it is a safety net.

Who did you use to play for Wattsy in the Camberley League ?

It does. Clubs have to prove they have player insurance to get county affiliation

Confused,you are incorrect in your statement that too gain County Affiliation a Club needs Player Insurance.Public Liability Insurance is all that is needed,and that is very cheap.

At hartley all players have to become members of the club we had to py £15 which includes our insurance

I ASSUME BRUNTY YOU ARE MATT BRUNT WHO I SAW PLAY AT COVE THE LAST FEW SEASONS ?

IF SO A DECENT PLAYER FROM WHAT I CAN RECALL, SO WHY HAVE YOU GONE DOWN A DIVISION TO HARTLEY WINTNEY, YOU GOOD ENOUGH FOR PREMIER ? ALTHO' I DO SEE THAT HW ARE GOOD CONTENDERS FOR PROMOTION BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF FACILITIES AT WORCESTER PARK WHO ARE THE CURRENT LEADERS.

Bookham take out player insurance as per league directive, but it is not the best option (although we did get one players dental bill mostly paid), we get a insurance guy / Lady in to talk to the player regarding taking out their own personal insurance but also from what I hear (and like most insurance policies) they always try their best to get out of paying.

At hartley all players have to become members of the club we had to py £15 which includes our insurance

I ASSUME BRUNTY YOU ARE MATT BRUNT WHO I SAW PLAY AT COVE THE LAST FEW SEASONS ?

IF SO A DECENT PLAYER FROM WHAT I CAN RECALL, SO WHY HAVE YOU GONE DOWN A DIVISION TO HARTLEY WINTNEY, YOU GOOD ENOUGH FOR PREMIER ? ALTHO' I DO SEE THAT HW ARE GOOD CONTENDERS FOR PROMOTION BECAUSE OF THE LACK OF FACILITIES AT WORCESTER PARK WHO ARE THE CURRENT LEADERS.

Hi nice guy - yes you are correct I was at cove last year.The reason I went to HW was because I know pete gray and his assistant very well from our basingstoke days. Pete asked me to sign last season when he took over but I was settled at cove. I was offered the job pre season to captain the side to promotion so I thought I would give it a go as it would be a new challenge. Although now pete has left his positon so we will see how things go in the near future. I was playing above ccl level before cove But a bad groin injury meant it didnt work out but the goal is to get back there if I can.

Always had personal insurance when I played and have continued it now. Never needed it but it is a safety net.

Who did you use to play for Wattsy in the Camberley League ?

CPR Baggies :smilewinkgrin: