Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 6 mar

Staines Lammas 4-0 Farleigh Rovers

Being suspended gave me the chance to have a good watch of us against a good farleigh side, A game that i thought would have been tougher Farleigh really couldnt handle us in the first half. Lammas were 4 up at the break threw Matt Baxter (2) Ashley fashnu and Chris bullen. Must say Baxter and Fashnu were too much for the Farleigh back with a combination of pace and power. Second half was a bit quiter with lammas having only a few chances to farleighs credit! Good result for us boys, 7 wins out of 7 and with Worcester Park losing and Hartley losing id like to think the title race is tryuly back on for us!!

Up the Lammas!!

Hartley 0 - 1 MV

Story of the last few months! - we dominated from start to finish had 18 atttemps on goal tto MVs 2 and couldnt score. hit the post twice, just couldnt put the ball in the net and it has cost us big time , i wouldnt even call MVs goal an attempt just a lofted ball in the box from a freekick near the half way line and players didnt pick up their markers and the ball bounces in the box with 20 players in there ?????matey flicks a looping header over our keeper. If we had had the 6ft5 MV keeper he would have saved it but our keeper being 5ft7 had no chance.

Proud of the performance from my players yesterday tho, they worked theri socks off and didnt get their rewards they deserved.

Good luck to MV as a nice bunch of lads and gracious in their win as i think they all knew they had stole that one.

Hope your striker has a speedy recovery

Edited by Brunty84

Dorking FC 1 - Camberley Town 1

Dorking produced one of their best displays of the season to almost snatch a great victory over second placed and promotion chasing Camberley Town. Indeed, it took a last ditch injury time equaliser by the high flying visitors to deny Dorking what would have been a really fine victory as Dorking looked like holding on to a famous victory.

Camberley sit just behind North Greenford United at the top of the Combined Counties Premier Division pushing for promotion back to the Ryman league after a 4 year gap, and would have expected a comfortable victory given Dorking’s position in the relegation scrap at the foot of the table.

But the game was anything but a formality, Dorking shading the first half, threatening to extend their lead in the second half after Scott Murphy’s opener before Camberley put real pressure on the Dorking goal in the final 20 minutes.

Manager Peter Augustine gave debuts to Aaron Dixon and Sama Olawewaju, together with Steffan Beckford in attack, while local youngster and Dorking U18 player Andy Miller deservedly kept his place in the starting line up after some impressive recent displays for the first team.

An even opening saw Chicks match Town blow for blow, but it was Chicks who opened the scoring, Scott Murphy’s long range free kick midway through the first half sailing past two Town defenders and a statuesque keeper before nestling in the Camberley net. Dorking deserved to shade the game at the interval, and the second half started off in the same fashion, Camberley raising the tempo of the match gradually as time went on.

Dorking almost made it 2-0, hitting a post via a header midway through the half, and that seemed a catalyst for Camberley to significantly raise their game as the match entered its last 20 minutes.

Dorking were now on the backfoot and Sam Freeman’s goal seemed to lead a charmed life as Camberley exerted almost continuous pressure, one chance hitting the inside of the Dorking post and spinning across the Dorking goal and out of play.

Just as Dorking looked like holding on, 4 minutes into injury time, Camberley launched one more attack, the ball bouncing around the Dorking 6 yard box, and eventually being forced home to the palpable relief of the visiting fans. Dorking keeper and man of the match Freeman suffered a dislocated shoulder in the melee, necessitating hospital attention.

Somehow the referee found 3 more minutes of time, Freeman being bravely replaced by Martin Waldren who volunteered to go in goal, the game ending in a draw, to make it two games unbeaten at home for Augustine’s young side.

TEAM:- Sam Freeman, Aaron Dixon, Marvin Farrell, Sama Olawewaju, Scott Harrison, Scott Murphy, Andy Miller, Shola Elusade, Jamie Pendrill, Steffan Beckford, Mamadou Meite

SUBSTITUTES:- Martin Waldren, Ryan Bent

Dorking now play Croydon at home on Tuesday night, Dorking having no game on Satruday 13 March, but playing three away games in a week on Tuesday 16 March (at Chessington), Thursday 18 March (at Cove) and Saturday 20 March at Sandhurst Town.

In other news, Dorking have resigned ex Milton Keynes and Swindon trainee Tom Ahmed, as well as Miguel Bessley, both looking to force their way back into the first team squad as the season progresses.

Also Dorking U18s secured a good win at Epsom & Ewell U18s in the Southern Youth league, winning 4-0 with a great hattrick by Reece Perry, a player who has also played first team football for Dorking in recent weeks.

Cove 1 Sandhurst 1 really entertaining game at Cove yesterday I think the ref and linos helped to create some really good entertainment because some of thier desicions were simply laughable,anyway the game itself was pretty even Sandhurst taking the lead in the first half through a very well taken goal from James Mepham and Cove equalising after Kevin Cooper was fouled in the box and Tom McGarry scored from the spot.

Not been on due to problems with internet here but was at Dorking yesterday.

Still not sure how this finished 1-1.

Game started as expected with the visitors on top without creating many chances, Dorking defending well with numbers behind ball. Dorking keeper made 2 good saves in 1st half and then right at the end of half Dorking get a free kick on half way line, long ball into box bounces and creeps into corner of net, bad error by keeper. Last few minutes of half reverted to type with Camberley on top but failing to find target.

2nd half was one of the most entertaining I have ever seen. I lost count of the number of chances spurned by Camberley, but they hit the post 3 times, bar once, 4 cleared off the line, numerous goalmouth scrambles, a few near misses either side of goal and 1 disallowed. They eventually scored with minutes remaining another scrambled effort that saw the Dorking keeper injured (as I was leaving ground saw ambulance arriving so hope nothing serious), after this there was still time for the sub keeper to make 1 great save from a header, a penalty appeal turned down and at least 2 more goal line clearances. Almost forgot that the one time Dorking to out of their half they also hit the post.

Dorking defended well, throwing their bodies in front of everything, at one stage I counted 10 Dorking players in their box for about 5 minutes, Camberleys deepest player only being 30 yards from Dorkings goal for this whole period. Camberley were at times wasteful in front of goal, but most of the time plain unlucky.

A thoroughly enjoyable afternoon with only 2 goals somehow.

To answer your other questions NICE GUY have seen Wembley in recent weeks at Epsom and thought they were a decent side, big, physical and can play. Not surprised by their recent form, although I think they have a number of new faces since start of season, most from tenants Hendon, so as would be expected some good players now in their side.

Guildford look the form side at the minute bar last weeks at Camberley and I for one wasn't surprised by yesterdays result against NGU, reading their match reports discipline may be their downfall, seem to get an awful lot of players sent off and booked regularly.

Chessington as you say keep picking up points and Chertsey will keep pushing and signing players to try and fulfil their managers dream, good friend of mine is manager at AFC Hayes and their ex player Dean Papali has just joined Chertsey from Beaconsfield and are paying him a ridiculous amount of money for this level, but if it wins them the league then its money well spent I guess. For me all they need is a decent manager as the squad they have is the strongest in this league by a mile and they should have had title wrapped up by now like Merstham a few years back but are being held back by the constant changing of players and bad management.

Excellent result for Badshot Lea last week against Woking , they have had an excellent season but I fear the number of games will be their downfall without a reserve squad resources will be stretched.

Just read JRs report hope keeper recovers from shoulder injury quickly, he had a good game, made some excellent stops.

Not sure I agree with report on whole as on another day Camberley would have scored 10 but was a wholly enjoyable game. Credit to Dorking who defended for thier lives and also to club as a whole who made my 1st trip there a great afternoon, nice beer and very friendly people.

Duncs is that Kevin Cooper that was at Cove previously before jumping ship and taking most of squad with him?

... and you never said 'HALLO' !

I did at least chat to ONE Krooner poster ! I'm sure it wasn't you

no it was simple SF we haven't got any forwards at this moment in time and Coops was available, he isn't here on the management team just as a player so he will have no influence on that side of things.He will be picked on merit just like everyone else but I must say he had a very good game for us yesterday and is maybe the solution to our lack of goals this season.

... and you never said 'HALLO' !

I did at least chat to ONE Krooner poster ! I'm sure it wasn't you

That was me JR. I didn't say much as I'm a bit anti-social as well so don't take it personally.

With regard your injury time query - since I've been doing Twitter I've been timing the games so I know the actual minutes the goals were scored in. We scored our goal in the first minute of injury time. Of course the goalie injury meant the clock stopped for a few minutes so, for once, I think the eight minutes of injury time was probably correct. There was load of palava with the 'flat' balls in the second half remember.

But yeah, I really enjoyed the game. Had it been us defending then I'm sure I would have hated it but fair play to you lot for stopping us scoring a hatful. I agree the goalie was MoM. Some top notch saves there and I hope he's not too badly hurt.

Knowing some of their players like I do they are not worth paying somebody at Hartley must have money to burn if any of them are being paid.

[/quote

i was quite suprised to hear they were getting paid! unlike us at lammas we dont get paid apart from 1 but we'd much rather go up and play at better grounds but once again we cant go up but next year we can for definate! it aint about money tho i just love the saturday football full of banter and a beer after!!

Only reason I know is couple of clubs I watch have tried to sign Roach and Spence but couldnt match what they were getting at Hartley, so I guess Animal you are right as both clubs were in Ryman and Southern 1 so would have been better standard to play at, but money seemed more important to them.

I don't think they are getting paid Animal, I know their chairman and he knows his onions to be honest there are quite a few teams in the premier who don't pay for example the team we played yesterday (Sandhurst) don't pay any of their players,its not about money its about passion for the club you are playing for.