Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Results 6 mar

well done to Dorking in earning a point in what looks like a rear guard action ( thanks to both posters for match report)

The team is almost completely changed but they must have got some good organisation, spirit and togetherness in a short time to have held on for so long against one of the top sides.

Well done to the coaches and players for achieving that.

£50 a week !! the snoop dog lookalike was telling our players (inbetween threatining to stab them) that he was on 100+ a week to quote " bang in dem goals blud"

lol I doubt it very much he is getting that

Cobham 4 -0 Chobham

Comfortable win in the end on Sat. Could and should have had more more, but will take the 3 points and a clean sheet after recent results!!

Even the officials were good hey Krooner :smilewinkgrin: !!

£50 a week !! the snoop dog lookalike was telling our players (inbetween threatining to stab them) that he was on 100+ a week to quote " bang in dem goals blud"

Also just for the record spence has only played 19 games this season in all comps scoring 19 goals and 17 assists roach has not evenplayed 10 games and is out for the season scoring 6 goals. Not a bad return from them.

Also just for the record spence has only played 19 games this season in all comps scoring 19 goals and 17 assists roach has not evenplayed 10 games and is out for the season scoring 6 goals. Not a bad return from them.

Why is he out for the season mate?? Bad injury?

Jurg if you said that it was Kroons I would have gone and put a name to a face, for what its worth I thought he reffed quite well although he did get a bit of stick from our bench!:brille008:

Didnt notice that Young Whitby. Frank (?) had a go about the pen but then asked afterwards why I hadnt given it. Explained my view and he seemed ok with that. Other than I didnt hear much and TBH I rarely hear stuff from the benches unless it is really bad.

Jurgie likes to keep me all to himself ;)

Didnt notice that Young Whitby. Frank (?) had a go about the pen but then asked afterwards why I hadnt given it. Explained my view and he seemed ok with that. Other than I didnt hear much and TBH I rarely hear stuff from the benches unless it is really bad.

Jurgie likes to keep me all to himself ;)

Haha I'm sure he does!

Yes the penalty incident Frank went a bit over the top as we were already 4-0 up! The other bench were really giving stick but that was mainly at the linesman though. The one thing though that anoyed the crowd the most and they were talking about it after was when there player really lunged in and 'set out to hurt our player.'

I didn't see it so I'm not saying that is my opinion but I was wondering if you know what incident I mean, opposite side from dugout, and what was your view.

Towards the end and I gave a caution. Seemed an easy caution and no-one seemed to have a problem with it. Fans were getting a bit heated and there was some banter flying around and made me laugh when a couple of the Chobham players nibbled on the bait :)

On reflection I thought my game was much like the game in general which was, for me, poor and lacking in a bit of quality. I found it strange that you guys played 3 at the back with 5 in midfield and then played the long ball game !!! Felt for your left wing back who was doing doggies up and down the line and never seeing the ball. Thought you looked much better when you put your 4 at the back and went 4 4 2.

Yes mate - Warlingham defender came right through the back of him on Tuesday night. He on Crutches with ligament damage he has a scan next week to revel how bad. All signs point o long term unfortunatly

Reliable source states the 2 forwards at Hartley are on £50+ each per week. Lots of money not to win the league.

Brunty, played this morning against a couple of Mole Valley players and they said they are not sure how they won but thanks for the points. They are worried about all the games they have to make up.

SL YOU TALK ABOUT THE 2 STRIKERS FOR HW GETTING £50.00 + PER WEEK, I WONDER HOW MUCH THE 2 STRIKERS FOR MV ARE ON ESPECIALLY MV TOP SCORER HOLDEN ? MAYBE SPENCER CAN ELABORATE MORE ?

Yes mate - Warlingham defender came right through the back of him on Tuesday night. He on Crutches with ligament damage he has a scan next week to revel how bad. All signs point o long term unfortunatly

Not so good mate. Hope it's not as bad as first feared!

Towards the end and I gave a caution. Seemed an easy caution and no-one seemed to have a problem with it. Fans were getting a bit heated and there was some banter flying around and made me laugh when a couple of the Chobham players nibbled on the bait :)

On reflection I thought my game was much like the game in general which was, for me, poor and lacking in a bit of quality. I found it strange that you guys played 3 at the back with 5 in midfield and then played the long ball game !!! Felt for your left wing back who was doing doggies up and down the line and never seeing the ball. Thought you looked much better when you put your 4 at the back and went 4 4 2.

Ah yes recall it now. Yeah there was a bit of banter and it didn't take much for them to bite!!

Couldn't agree with you more mate. Totally new formation and not one we are comfortbale with or even worked on, so no surprise it didn't work! Like you say, we were much better, and have been all season, when we play 4-4-2 and get our wide men on the ball!

Saturday 6th March

Combined Counties League

Badshot Lea 1 Chertsey Town 2

With their main rivals dropping points whilst picking up all three at well placed Badshot Lea, Chertsey Town had a good weekend and although still placed third in the Combined Counties League table, they are well in the mix in regard to taking the title and promotion.

Town’s win at Badshot Lea was not a pretty affair and had either of the two sides let up for even a moment then the other would have pounced in this very competitive contest. The opening minutes summed this up with the home side enjoying nearly all the possession but being unable to batter a way through to even the outer reaches of Chertsey’s territory.

It was the visiting side that looked more dangerous though, once they had calmed their opponents ambitions and took the lead on a dozen minutes with Steve Goddard clipping the ball over the advancing Matt Watson in goal at an angle after receiving a diagonal ball from Andy Crossley. The goal set up a good period for Chertsey although it was Badshot Lea that came closest when Liam Stone between the Town sticks parried a shot but then Crossley needed to clear off the line from the follow up strike.

It was then Chertsey who might have scored when, on 19 minutes, John Pomroy saw his shot hit the post. The ball rebounded to Dean Papali who grew in confidence but his well delivered strike was headed off the line for a corner kick. Stone was again in action, turning aside a long range effort, low to his right. A Steve Tyson and Steve Goddard move looked effective but only won a Chertsey corner as Town again asserted themselves.

An eye catching mazy Crossley run across the home penalty area ran out of steam but the ball found Goddard whose rifled shot hit the side netting. Chertsey could have conceded as the half time break loomed when Jack Francis lost possession in front of goal but must have thanked Stone for saving his blushes but to be fair he and all his fellow defenders did well throughout the game. Ollie Treacher seems to be progress almost game by game.

Badshot Lea pressed hard after the switch round and reaped a dividend with Darren Blake thundering in a shot that rose from 25 yards into the top corner of the Chertsey net for a 57th minute equaliser. Stone may have had no chance with that effort but he earned his corn soon after by saving a Brad Smith shot with his feet.

Chertsey came back into the game. Twice earlier Town looked good value to create a two goal gap but failed, only to be pegged back. But the positive efforts from both sides meant that another goal was highly likely and it came on 73 minutes, to the satisfaction of the Chertsey contingent. A move on the left saw Papali cut in. A space was there for a shot but instead he squared the ball across the goalmouth where Pomroy ran in to fire the ball home from ten yards.

Chertsey tried hard to increase their lead and two golden chances came their way. A 12 yard Steve Tyson pile driver was knocked away by Watson then a grave Lea defensive error gave Papali an open goal but the ball would not sit right and he was quickly shut down. Chertsey subsequently did not need the extra goal to record a well deserved victory, their first from their last six outings.

FIXTURES:

Tuesday 9th March – Bedfont (Home) League Cup

Saturday 13th March – Molesey (Home) League

Wednesday 17th March – Guildford City (away) League

GREAT REPORT CHERTSEY BOY AND A VERY HONEST ONE. THATS HOW I SAW IT, WHAT A FIERCLY COMPETATIVE GAME WITH 2 VERY GOOD TEAMS. PERSONALLY I THOUGHT A DRAW WAS A FAIR RESULT, BUT AS YOU SAY, A GOOD DAY FOR CHERTSEY WITH THE 2 TEAMS ABOVE THEM DROPPING VALUABLE POINTS.

LOOKING AT THE WEEKEND FIXTURES TO DECIDE WHICH GAME I'M LOOKING TO GO AND WATCH, I NOTICE YOU/CHERTSEY HAVE THE MOLES, DON'T THINK THATS GOING TO BE AN EASY ONE. SO HAVE DECIDED THATS THE GAME I WATCHING. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE MOLESEY FIXTURE CB AN EASY GAME YOU CAN WIN ESPECIALLY AT HOME ?

GREEN FINGERS AND IN THE KNOW, I HAVE READ COMMENTS FROM YOUR MANAGER FORD THAT WHEN BADSHOT LEA PLAYED MOLESEY RECENTLY, HE PRAISED THEM AND SAID THAT THEY WILL HAVE A SAY IN THE RUN-IN AS TO WHO WILL BE CHAMPIONS, SO HAVING WATCHED BOTH GAMES, WHATS YOUR OPINION FOR THIS COMING SATURDAY GAME ? WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN CHERTSEY OR MOLESEY ?

BRUNTY DIDN'T KNOW ROACH WAS OUT FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON ? DONT YOU THINK THAT'S GOING TO BE A BIG BLOW, YOU'LL MISS HIS EXPERIENCED AND HAMPER YOUR TITLE ASPIRATIONS?

Reliable source states the 2 forwards at Hartley are on £50+ each per week. Lots of money not to win the league.

Brunty, played this morning against a couple of Mole Valley players and they said they are not sure how they won but thanks for the points. They are worried about all the games they have to make up.

SL YOU TALK ABOUT THE 2 STRIKERS FOR HW GETTING £50.00 + PER WEEK, I WONDER HOW MUCH THE 2 STRIKERS FOR MV ARE ON ESPECIALLY MV TOP SCORER HOLDEN ? MAYBE SPENCER CAN ELABORATE MORE ?

We're all paid wiv love and banter, Holden does get a few extra hugs before the game which unsettled a few of the other lads, but we've sorted it all out now and everones happy. smile.gif

In all seriousness and no offence to this league but i dont think its good enough for anyone to be getting paid. Prem maybe but not Div 1. Dont think players take it serious enough, dont think theres enough top teams. Being paid to play (at the very least) the likes of WP or HW every week fair enough, but picking up money to go play against (again no offence) Coulsdon would be criminal.

Brunty thats kl about the challenge, been hospital and im out for 4-6 weeks. Thats just left me £300-£450 out of pocket, great lol.

Edited by Spencer