Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matches Tuesday 23rd March.

Smudge

JJ no mention of the pen at 1-0 that would have resulted in your player being sent off ?

Anyway cup semis are meant to be tinged with controversy and I think all posters make it clear that Cove fully deserved their win.

eefc I humbly refer you to point 2 in my earlier post :)

Certainly coming up strong on the rails and I think you may well have been noticed now :)

Interesting Point made by VP but I would refer him to the thread that he suggested that rules are rules and should be stuck to. Cove did nothing really other than to refer the league to their own rules which in the end were stuck too. Up to the club(s) now to force a change through.

Talking about league rules interesting to find the following in them

Ground Grading G

1.6 Car Parking

there should be adequate car parking facilities on or adjacent to the ground. Car Parking within the ground may not be acceptable.

:Kick_Can_emoticon:

And with our huge attendances of about 30 per week we really do need our overflow car park!!

Next time you come to Oak Farm Kroons, i'll be sure to remind you that if when you arrive and the car park is full you can park at Asda and walk down!! Our overflow car park is reserved for players!!

Nice dig though mate!!!

Best get that rather large protractor out and measure the gradient of that HILL/SLOPE/MOUNTAIN that i had to run up and down last night. Or maybe we could measure the actual space inside that away changing room!! Its all very tight to the actual rules isnt it??

JJ no mention of the pen at 1-0 that would have resulted in your player being sent off ?

Anyway cup semis are meant to be tinged with controversy and I think all posters make it clear that Cove fully deserved their win.

From my view it was definitely a pen but he was not going to be sent off for that if your goalkeeper didnt get sent off. Cam and Cove player tangled legs and went down but was 16 yds from goal and not even central to the goal. Your keeper fouled Jeffers 7 yds from goal but didnt walk! Yes it could have changed things but the way Cam played last night i very much doubt it. Think you missed Dan Kerr and Shorty last night!

Just a quick note to say The Mighty Knappers had a comfortable win over a 'youthful' Chertsey side in a friendly at Alwyns Lane tonight. The Knappers never really in any trouble and were give 17 players a run out including reserves, new signings and some old faces coming back. Tough match on Saturday at home to Eversley, might make an rare Saturday appearance, so I hope danieljpn will be there.

Hi KnapMeister,

I am planning to attend the match on Saturday. Hopefully be a decent game.

Unfortunately I'll have to leave fairly quickly after the game, as I have a club event to organise in the evening.

From my view it was definitely a pen but he was not going to be sent off for that if your goalkeeper didnt get sent off. Cam and Cove player tangled legs and went down but was 16 yds from goal and not even central to the goal. Your keeper fouled Jeffers 7 yds from goal but didnt walk! Yes it could have changed things but the way Cam played last night i very much doubt it. Think you missed Dan Kerr and Shorty last night!

All probably fair points JJ :)

Cove deserved the win tonight, it's just a shame they decided to play silly buggers early this morning by contacting the league regarding player eligibility after we'd had clearance from the league meaning we had a choice of an injured goalie or no goalie at all.

We were open and up front about the situation, Cove were back-stabbing, snidey [censored].

Good luck to Bedfont in the final.

Sore loser? Too right.

Cobham 1-5 MVSCR

Scored first. Looked good early on. Should have been another goal. In the end we crumbled. True I didn't cover myself in any glory for the first and last goal, had nowhere to hide and played like a lost sheep for most of the game. All in all though we didn't bring enough to the game or show any charecter to try and chase the game. We were 4-1 down at half time. Second half change of shape seemed to help us until a nasty goal made it 5-1. The less said about it the better! Coulsdon is a huge game on Saturday. There is no point going on about needing goals to make up for tonights heavy defeat because we need to win the game and if we think its going to be a walk over then we are going to get kick up the backside hard.

All i've got to say is that when this game kicks you, you need to get up and kick it back harder, the sooner we can get over it the better.

Watched this game from the sidelines (first of a 3 match ban) and apart from the first 10 where we were very good and scored, we were poor. MV were good, but IMO they weren't THAT good.......however taking absolutely nothing away from them and they took the chances we gift wrapped for them well (the only thing missing was the butler to serve up the goals on a silver platter).

As Whitby says we crumbled and although, by his own admission, he didn't have the best of games, those in front of him didn't give much protection at all. Like he says a game to forget and Sat is now even bigger.

Looked like it was gonna be a good match to begin with, both teams started quite well. We were definetely up for it after our 3-1 defeat by Warlingham. Cobham took the lead then took their foot of the gas and someone mustve told em it was Jays birthday with the amount of space and time they were giving him and thats only gonna lead to the inevitable. We're not the tallest team but the size of Cobhams back 4 coupled with Whitby was their to be exploited. We were gifted chance after chance, heard from the Cobham bench someone shout 'Thats his hat-trick' a few seconds before Jay scored his 3rd. Pagey was strolling thru the game nutsing at will, V & Neem had way to much time in the centre & no we werent THAT good but guess you can only beat whats in front of you. Cobham threatened in spells but from what ive seen in the past games this was probably their worst performance against us. Anyway a loss is a loss despite the result, hope they get a win this Saturday, we've gotta go down to Farnham which going by previous visits promises to be a hard game. Hope we can get the 3 points and make up some ground on WP whom most people seem to think have already won the league?!

Cove deserved the win tonight, it's just a shame they decided to play silly buggers early this morning by contacting the league regarding player eligibility after we'd had clearance from the league meaning we had a choice of an injured goalie or no goalie at all.

We were open and up front about the situation, Cove were back-stabbing, snidey [censored].

Sore loser? Too right.

HI VP WHATS HAPPENING AT CAMBERLEY ? LEAKING IN 7 GOALS IN 2 GAMES WITHOUT REPLY, WHEN YOUR DEFENCE IS NORMALLY TIGHT ?

ALSO AM I HEARING RIGHT THAT 2 INFLUENTIAL PLAYERS HAVE LEFT FOR BADSHOT LEA ?

IS THERE A CRISIS AT CAMBO ?

Badshot Lea 2 - Dorking FC 5 !!

I DON'T BELEIVE IT !!

Badshot Lea 6 - Dorking FC 5:: Full Time.

A dodgy penalty clinched it, according to my source !

Jeez!! Sounds like you missed a good game there JR!!

Dan Ker and Jason Short have both signed for Badshot Lea. Shortie normally boomerangs his way back to them :)

From what I have seen later we are struggling with confidence and need to pick it up quickly before in a matter of 2/3 weeks our season has imploded.

From the Camberley forum.....

Agreed that Cove were the better side but I'm afraid I can't wish them all the best for the final due to certain communications between ourselves, the league and Cove regarding eligible players which I can't really go into on a public forum.

Nothing personal against our ex-player but if Fozzie gets injured between now and the final Cove might not be so smug when they have to abide by the same rule we did tonight - play an injured goalie or have no goalie at all.

The rules really need to be re-written but that can only happen at the AGM.

What didn't help was making a triple substitution in the second half shortly before Messy suffered a suspected broken bone in his foot leaving us with ten players for most of the half. It was a brave move by PB which looked like it might have paid dividends until Messy's injury.

But we played better than we did on Saturday which is a positive.

Away to Raynes Park Vale on Saturday - KO 3pm.

By the final on 23rd April we would have a keeper that has played enough games!! And as i said already on here....Fozzy was injured last night which is why he missed the previous 2 league matches!! We werent allowed to use an inelligible keeper so why should Camberley or anyone else for that matter!

And lets get things into perspective.....

Camberley beat a Div 1 team in the final last year cos Chertsey broke the rules and were expelled from the cup....

The rumours (only a rumour) are that a certain player played for Cambeley in the final last season that should have been suspended.....only a rumour and not one that i've just made up!! It could be a load of crap but just stating what i've heard!!

And finally..... the relationship between Camberley and Cove is good and hopefully will stay that way without comments like the ones above! Koo (Cove manager) has been very kind and genorous to Camberley recently with regards to signing Cove players and rushing registrations thru. The Cam keeper that played on Saturday was a Cove player that Cove released cos Cam needed a keeper cos they had keeper problems. When Camberley were struggling for strikers we released Mitch While with no fuss and the same goes for Martin Girling!! Now i understand Camberley want to speak to another Cove registered player!! No problems with relationships here apart from the man winding things up on this forum and the Camberley forum.

Personally I hope either Camberley win the league or Chertsey.....

Chertsey because i'm sick and tired of them under achieving with the big bucks the players are on.

Camberley cos they have the set up to move up and its one less derby for Cove!

:signthankspin:

Edited by johnnojudo

Sore loser? Too right.

Cobham 1-5 MVSCR

Scored first. Looked good early on. Should have been another goal. In the end we crumbled. True I didn't cover myself in any glory for the first and last goal, had nowhere to hide and played like a lost sheep for most of the game. All in all though we didn't bring enough to the game or show any charecter to try and chase the game. We were 4-1 down at half time. Second half change of shape seemed to help us until a nasty goal made it 5-1. The less said about it the better! Coulsdon is a huge game on Saturday. There is no point going on about needing goals to make up for tonights heavy defeat because we need to win the game and if we think its going to be a walk over then we are going to get kick up the backside hard.

All i've got to say is that when this game kicks you, you need to get up and kick it back harder, the sooner we can get over it the better.

Watched this game from the sidelines (first of a 3 match ban) and apart from the first 10 where we were very good and scored, we were poor. MV were good, but IMO they weren't THAT good.......however taking absolutely nothing away from them and they took the chances we gift wrapped for them well (the only thing missing was the butler to serve up the goals on a silver platter).

As Whitby says we crumbled and although, by his own admission, he didn't have the best of games, those in front of him didn't give much protection at all. Like he says a game to forget and Sat is now even bigger.

Looked like it was gonna be a good match to begin with, both teams started quite well. We were definetely up for it after our 3-1 defeat by Warlingham. Cobham took the lead then took their foot of the gas and someone mustve told em it was Jays birthday with the amount of space and time they were giving him and thats only gonna lead to the inevitable. We're not the tallest team but the size of Cobhams back 4 coupled with Whitby was their to be exploited. We were gifted chance after chance, heard from the Cobham bench someone shout 'Thats his hat-trick' a few seconds before Jay scored his 3rd. Pagey was strolling thru the game nutsing at will, V & Neem had way to much time in the centre & no we werent THAT good but guess you can only beat whats in front of you. Cobham threatened in spells but from what ive seen in the past games this was probably their worst performance against us. Anyway a loss is a loss despite the result, hope they get a win this Saturday, we've gotta go down to Farnham which going by previous visits promises to be a hard game. Hope we can get the 3 points and make up some ground on WP whom most people seem to think have already won the league?!

Bang on with that view as well Spence. We had more than couple who had an off day, but as you say you can only beat what's in front of you. IMO by far our worst performance of the season and given the close games in the previous 3 games this season I wasn't expecting it at all.

Our back 5 was a tad small wasn't it :bartshocked:

Our forum is dead and has been for quite a while. Would be nice to have a fan base like Camberley but we dont so there you go!

Was nice to see a lot of Cove supporters last night. Most of the Cam support had gone by the final whistle.

Hopefully they heard the Cove players singing "Koo Dumbaya my Lord, Koo Dumbaya".

Amazing isn't it how double standards run in this league. Here we are seeing Camberley whinging about Cove complaining to the league about drafting in a goalkeeper for the semi final. However that seems to me to be the same Camberley that were first on the phone ordering the league to ensure that Chertsey's game Vs Colliers Wood (3-0 with 8 minutes to go) is replayed!