Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Matches Tuesday 23rd March.

Smudge

Totally agree Brunty, Cove fully deserved the win, Cambo were poor but I'am led to believe it was a much better performance than the Ash 3-0 on Saturday. Good luck to them in the final.

Badshot Lea 2 - Dorking FC 5 !!

I DON'T BELEIVE IT !!

Badshot Lea 6 - Dorking FC 5:: Full Time.

A dodgy penalty clinched it, according to my source !

Hi JR. Would you like to borrow my dark room? :smashfreakb:

Sandhurst 2 Wembley 1

zzzzz

Our first goal following a strange free kick award (thanks to the busy lino)

Wembley scored shortly after half time and we won it with 10 to go.

Odd decisions from the Portuguese referee and the dugout side assistant, but hey ho, something to chuckle about at times.

Wembley were difficult to break down.

Sod local football tonight . Upton park is the only place to be

Or not as the case may be....Back to non league next week for you then .....

Badshot Lea 2 - Dorking FC 5 !!

I DON'T BELEIVE IT !!

Badshot Lea 6 - Dorking FC 5:: Full Time.

A dodgy penalty clinched it, according to my source !

Hi JR. Would you like to borrow my dark room? :smashfreakb:

At least I was right about the two up front !!

Back to the drawing board on the defence, me-thinks !

Cove deserved the win tonight, it's just a shame they decided to play silly buggers early this morning by contacting the league regarding player eligibility after we'd had clearance from the league meaning we had a choice of an injured goalie or no goalie at all.

We were open and up front about the situation, Cove were back-stabbing, snidey [censored].

Good luck to Bedfont in the final.

Sore loser? Too right.

Just a quick note to say The Mighty Knappers had a comfortable win over a 'youthful' Chertsey side in a friendly at Alwyns Lane tonight. The Knappers never really in any trouble and were give 17 players a run out including reserves, new signings and some old faces coming back. Tough match on Saturday at home to Eversley, might make an rare Saturday appearance, so I hope danieljpn will be there.

Edited by The KnapMeister

Cove deserved the win tonight, it's just a shame they decided to play silly buggers early this morning by contacting the league regarding player eligibility after we'd had clearance from the league meaning we had a choice of an injured goalie or no goalie at all.

We were open and up front about the situation, Cove were back-stabbing, snidey [censored].

Sore loser? Too right.

Cobham 1-5 MVSCR

Scored first. Looked good early on. Should have been another goal. In the end we crumbled. True I didn't cover myself in any glory for the first and last goal, had nowhere to hide and played like a lost sheep for most of the game. All in all though we didn't bring enough to the game or show any charecter to try and chase the game. We were 4-1 down at half time. Second half change of shape seemed to help us until a nasty goal made it 5-1. The less said about it the better! Coulsdon is a huge game on Saturday. There is no point going on about needing goals to make up for tonights heavy defeat because we need to win the game and if we think its going to be a walk over then we are going to get kick up the backside hard.

All i've got to say is that when this game kicks you, you need to get up and kick it back harder, the sooner we can get over it the better.

And so there lays 2 reasons why Cambo will not win the league

1 - For some reason local sides to Cambo turn up for those games but not any other (Ash being the prime example over the last week)

2 - WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!!!

Interesting Point made by VP but I would refer him to the thread that he suggested that rules are rules and should be stuck to. Cove did nothing really other than to refer the league to their own rules which in the end were stuck too. Up to the club(s) now to force a change through.

Talking about league rules interesting to find the following in them

Ground Grading G

1.6 Car Parking

there should be adequate car parking facilities on or adjacent to the ground. Car Parking within the ground may not be acceptable.

:Kick_Can_emoticon:

South Park 0-5 Staines Lammas

Fairly even game, they got 5 lucky goals in stoppage time!!! cheesy%20(2).gif

No well and truely spanked all over the pitch, a very poor performance....we did compete for 20 minutes if that! We were lucky to get away with just the 5 angry.gif

Sore loser? Too right.

Cobham 1-5 MVSCR

Scored first. Looked good early on. Should have been another goal. In the end we crumbled. True I didn't cover myself in any glory for the first and last goal, had nowhere to hide and played like a lost sheep for most of the game. All in all though we didn't bring enough to the game or show any charecter to try and chase the game. We were 4-1 down at half time. Second half change of shape seemed to help us until a nasty goal made it 5-1. The less said about it the better! Coulsdon is a huge game on Saturday. There is no point going on about needing goals to make up for tonights heavy defeat because we need to win the game and if we think its going to be a walk over then we are going to get kick up the backside hard.

All i've got to say is that when this game kicks you, you need to get up and kick it back harder, the sooner we can get over it the better.

Watched this game from the sidelines (first of a 3 match ban) and apart from the first 10 where we were very good and scored, we were poor. MV were good, but IMO they weren't THAT good.......however taking absolutely nothing away from them and they took the chances we gift wrapped for them well (the only thing missing was the butler to serve up the goals on a silver platter).

As Whitby says we crumbled and although, by his own admission, he didn't have the best of games, those in front of him didn't give much protection at all. Like he says a game to forget and Sat is now even bigger.

And so there lays 2 reasons why Cambo will not win the league

1 - For some reason local sides to Cambo turn up for those games but not any other (Ash being the prime example over the last week)

2 - WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH !!!!!

Just one possibilty you may not have considered Krooner.... If we can now beat Ash, who have been our bogey side recently, 5-1 then maybe we're not a bad outfit either . Yes there are a lot of teams in the Farnborough , Aldershot ,Camberley conurbation but over here in Mid Surrey we have derbies too Banstead, Bookham, Dorking , Chessington and teams tend to raise their game .ie. Bookham came the closest of any team in our recent run being only 1 unnecessary push away from a 0-0 .

Mind you I'd prefer it if everyone down your way kept on ignoring us , 3 horse race at the top NGU ,Cambo and Chertsey it is then.

Cove accepted the leagues decision to allow your ineligible goalkeeper but it was the FA who stepped in, NOT COVE! Naturally when the opposition you are about to play decide that maybe it's time for a rule change to suit them, it doesn't go down well especially in a cup semi final. Maybe your management team need to use their team management skills a bit better and make more keepers eligible in case of injury or suspension. The rule is there for a reason.

Chris Foster in the Cove goal has been injured recently which is why we played our stand in keeper against Dorking and Egham. The stand in keeper was not allowed to play last night for the same reason that Camberleys was not allowed. So Foster played last night with an injured thigh and we had no keeper on the bench due to ineligibility!

Lets be honest....Justin (Cam Keeper) definitely was at fault for all 4 goals and the goal ruled for offside and the 4 good saves he made that kept the score below 5! I would say the 10 outfield players were the reason they lost!! Not the keeper!