Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Justice must be Done.

I might appeal my yellow card against Camberley. Played a one two with a Cove forward, only for his pass to be over hit and was sailing past and over my head. I stuck my hand up next to my head for no reason really and it struck my hand. The ref then blew his whistle and booked me.

I was 30 yds from the Camberley goal line and 5 yds in from the bye line.The ball was sailing out of play. Not near my own goal. Not going to a Camberley player. It was heading for the stands.

Did he need to book me??

Will i get the same publicity YHW has recieved?

Will anyone spot i spelt recieved wrong?? Twice?? ( 'i' before 'e' except after 'c')

Will anyone make a cheap joke about the ball sailing past and OVER my head as i'm vertically challenged??

Your comments are not appreciated!! :ignore:

I think the only grounds for appealing a booking JJ is mistaken identity. As the smallest fella on the pitch (Camberley's sub forward Wheeler? came close :grin: ) I don't think the ref could have mistaken you.

You're right though - unnecessary booking ;)

An Eversley player last night received a 2nd yellow card because he pulled his socks up while receiving his 1st yellow card.. Same ref also told a player with a head injury to get up now as you've spent enough time being treated.. Then wouldn't allow the player back on even tho the ball went out of play twice.. It was amazing to see it 1st hand because i wouldn't of believed a senior ref could be so petty

A second yellow for that? Card issues are getting pathetic now if it was for that!! :bartshocked:

Justice Piffle has ordered that Krooner,our much vaunted Leader attends today, to give his evidence or else he will be held in Contempt.A warrant will be issued for him to be detained.The fight goes on to clear Y.H.W.,SO PLEASE POST YOUR SUPPORT for this Young Man.

Justice Piffle has ordered that Krooner,our much vaunted Leader attends today, to give his evidence or else he will be held in Contempt.A warrant will be issued for him to be detained.The fight goes on to clear Y.H.W.,SO PLEASE POST YOUR SUPPORT for this Young Man.

It's that time of year when he's slapping oil on his willow in readiness for a new season of big scores.

(Now now BJR, I said willow) :grin:

An Eversley player last night received a 2nd yellow card because he pulled his socks up while receiving his 1st yellow card.. Same ref also told a player with a head injury to get up now as you've spent enough time being treated.. Then wouldn't allow the player back on even tho the ball went out of play twice.. It was amazing to see it 1st hand because i wouldn't of believed a senior ref could be so petty

Although harsh, I think that is good. Too many players pull their socks up, spit on the ground, stand far away when a referee is trying to talk to them and that is disrepectful. You wouldn't pull your socks up if your mother was telling you off :wtf:

Although harsh, I think that is good. Too many players pull their socks up, spit on the ground, stand far away when a referee is trying to talk to them and that is disrepectful. You wouldn't pull your socks up if your mother was telling you off :wtf:

i'm afraid i have to agree with that about the spitting etc.. But the card had been issued and his name had been taken.. He was merely pulling up his socks before he started playing again.. The ref called him back and then issued the 2nd card for pulling up his socks up

I would love to know exactly which FA offence has been commited by the player by pulling up his socks.

Spitting AT an official - YES

Spitting onto the ground - NO

Is there any possibility that the player in question muttered / said something abusive, whilst bending down to adjust his attire ?

Over to the 'Willow-Slappers' !

:coffee (2):

Having a sabbatical from playing cricket this year GF.

Always needed to comment on things that I did not witness. What I will say is that I will never talk to a player unless he is standing up. A lot of players show a lcak of respect by not standing up. Would I caution ? Depends on the circumstances and how often I have asked him.

As for YHW not sure he can appeal a 2nd yellow but not 100% sure about that. Take the 1 match ban on the chin and move on.

I would love to know exactly which FA offence has been commited by the player by pulling up his socks.

Is there any possibility that the player in question muttered / said something abusive, whilst bending down to adjust his attire ?

Spitting onto the ground - NO - if when the ref is talking to the player - dissent by word or action.

Spitting onto the ground - NO - if when the ref is talking to the player - dissent by word or action.

In theory you may well be right, TC.............

........ but how many times have you seen a player standing in front of the referee, hands on hips, listening to his boll0cking, then turning his head to the side to 'clear-his throat' without a word being said about the action by the ref.

I'm willing to bet he 'muttered' something as he bent down to 'adjust' his hosiery, using the bending down as an excuse to do so.

Edited by Big J R

In theory you may well be right, TC.............

........ but how many times have you seen a player standing in front of the referee, hands on hips, listening to his boll0cking, then turning his head to the side to 'clear-his throat' without a word being said about the action by the ref.

I'm willing to bet he 'muttered' something as he bent down to 'adjust' his hosiery, using the bending down as an excuse to do so.

I would be surprised if he did say something under his breath, as he's not that sort of player. I'll see what the ref puts in his report, which should confirm this either way.

I agree that if the ref has asked a player to stand up, then they are showing dissent by ignoring him. However in this case the 2nd yellow was so quick after the 1st card, that there wasn't time for the player to be asked and then ignore the request.

Like I said, I'll update when we have the full details of the referees report.

Im not passing judgement on the incident, just a general comment. I have often stated that a lot of refs don't do themselves any favours, but a player should be looking at the referee when being talked to. I would expect the manager expects to be looked at when talking to the player.

You'll find that if the referee keeps telling the player to stand up and will not restart the game until he does, his teammates will soon be getting on his back.

Always needed to comment on things that I did not witness. What I will say is that I will never talk to a player unless he is standing up. A lot of players show a lcak of respect by not standing up. Would I caution ? Depends on the circumstances and how often I have asked him.

As for YHW not sure he can appeal a 2nd yellow but not 100% sure about that. Take the 1 match ban on the chin and move on.

Justice Piffle after taking Kroons evidence into consideration,has adjourned the case till 10 am Monday 12th April.

Im not passing judgement on the incident, just a general comment. I have often stated that a lot of refs don't do themselves any favours, but a player should be looking at the referee when being talked to. I would expect the manager expects to be looked at when talking to the player.

You'll find that if the referee keeps telling the player to stand up and will not restart the game until he does, his teammates will soon be getting on his back.

Sorry maybe I wasn't clear with my interpretation of events. Basically the player was standing up looking at the referee and he duly received a first yellow card. Then after receiving the card he adjusted his socks and immediately received another yellow card. Very strange, but like I said I'll find out from the report what the referees version of events was. There may have been more to it, that I wasn't ware of.

Justice Piffle after taking Kroons evidence into consideration,has adjourned the case till 10 am Monday 12th April.

In that case Smudgie, mines a pint !

:champis2:

its strange, but we find it hard to say the ref may of got his own back for something that had happened earlier

but very easy to say player must of said this or that. most of us have seen some pretty petty refs this season. yet we are looking at what a player might have done. and as now they dont have to write out a report this has led for an easy abuse of this system. im sure if you where able to read both versions of events, they would be very differnt. its a bit like the bad old days when police made the evidence fit the crime.coffee%20%282%29.gif

its strange, but we find it hard to say the ref may of got his own back for something that had happened earlier

but very easy to say player must of said this or that. most of us have seen some pretty petty refs this season. yet we are looking at what a player might have done. and as now they dont have to write out a report this has led for an easy abuse of this system. im sure if you where able to read both versions of events, they would be very differnt. its a bit like the bad old days when police made the evidence fit the crime.coffee%20%282%29.gif

Think you will find that although referees do not have to write out reports for cautions (bookings to you) they still have to write reports for sending off offences ... and this will include sending off for two yellow cards. So the club and player will see why the referee decided that a second yellow card was in order

I won't be appealling the sending off. Its just a one match ban and a fine. If I lost an appeal it would cost £100 plus cost of the hearing. I can't afford to risk that amount of money. In an ideal world I would love to appeal but it just isn't worth it. Would still like to know what the official in question Dave Sheldrake thinks after seeing the footage.

Edited by YoungHammerWhitby