Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Fixtures 2010/2011

Butts

Anyone know when the ccl fixtures are out........

BUTTS I BELIEVE I RECALL READING ON A SEPARATE THREAD WHITELAW SAYING THAT IT WOULD BE TOWARDS THE END OF THIS MONTH PENDING THE GRAT'S GROUNDSHARING OUTCOME. NOW THIS MATTER HAS BEEN RESOLVED, I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THIS WEEK AS THE SEASON STARTS 2 WEEKS TOMORROW !

QUE WHITELAW ..................

Edited by NICE GUY

We've had an email from the CCL this morning and it advises that the fixtures should be out by the weekend, if not earlier. They confirm that the two sides without a fixture on the first day will be Dorking (Premier) and Frimley Green (Div1) - this was so that these two sides could arrange friendlies should they wish. I think that the reserve fixtures may be minimal, but Whitelaw is certainly on the case. The email did say that all fixtures would be done, so we should all know who we have and when.

For future reference Manager 50,The Fan,See Whitelaws Page top of Forum,we knew last night.Alan C. in my opinion did a sterling job last year with the Fixture Backlog,and has been a breath of fresh air with his openess already this season,in informing all Members,Guests,who visit this Forum with the Latest info.Can only help to widen the C.C.L. Fanbase.Well done Alan.

Ashford Town (Kent) have resigned from the Ryman League today and are applying to join the Kent League.

This means Chatham Town are moving from Ryman 1 North to Ryman 1 South.

This means the Ryman League may have to redo their fixtures, unless they already had this situation in mind, which could mean a furthur delay for ours (and the rest of the Kent League and anyone else affected by this).

We'll get there in the end.

all kinds of goings on - Ashford kick Maidstone out for using illegal Satellite TV, and one director has issued a winding up order against the club.

http://www.ashfordtownfc.co.uk/general_news.html

http://atfc.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=generalboard&action=display&thread=2289

all kinds of goings on - Ashford kick Maidstone out for using illegal Satellite TV, and one director has issued a winding up order against the club.

http://www.ashfordto...neral_news.html

http://atfc.proboard...lay&thread=2289

It's affected Chatham as well.

One of their fellas sums it up on TK's forum -

Now OK, we didn't really want to be in Division One North - but we were told that we were, and planned accordingly. That did mean allowing a couple of players to leave because they "didn't want to go to Essex every week", and taking on quite a few players from the Dartford area who had less of an issue with that.

Except that now - probably four weeks from the start of the season, although I'll believe that as and when the fixture list ever appears - it seems that we're back in One South. With a bunch of players who may not want to go to Ramsgate and Brighton ...

I thought there was supposed to be a rule that no club got shifted sideways more often than once in three years. We appear now to have been shifted four times in three years!

I must be getting old. I remember the days when the top three teams went up, the bottom three went down, teams chose what leagues they played in (within reason) and at the end of the season was an AGM where the line-up for the next season was announced and that was it. Job done.

Happy days.

Edited by VPCTFC

http://www.ashfordto...neral_news.html

http://atfc.proboard...lay&thread=2289

TC READING ALL THIS, IT APPEARS THAT MAIDSTONE MIGHT NOT YET BE KICKED OUT OF ASHFORD (KENT).

NEVERTHELESS, IF THEY ARE WHERE WILL THEY GO AND PLAY THEIR MATCHES, WHAT GROUNDSHARE WILL THEY GO TO ? I WOULD HAVE THOUGHT THAT MAIDSTONE HAVE ALREADY PAID ASHORD (KENT) FOR GROUNDSHARING THIS SEASON, SO DO MAIDSTONE HAVE TO COUGH UP MORE MONEY TO PLAY ELSEWHERE, WHICH ONE WOULD HAVE THOUGHT TO BE A MINIMUM OF £10,000 ??

THIS COULD MEAN THAT MAIDSTONE DEPARTS FROM RYMAN PREM & ASHFORD (KENT) FROM RYMAN DIV 1 SOUTH AS ALREADY STATED.

THERE'S STILL A CHANCE CHERTSEY....... LOL !

Ashford Town (Kent) have resigned from the Ryman League today and are applying to join the Kent League.

This means the Ryman League may have to redo their fixtures, unless they already had this situation in mind, which could mean a furthur delay for ours (and the rest of the Kent League and anyone else affected by this).

The Ashford/Chatham scenario has been spoken about for weeks now so hopefully the Ryman will stick to the plan and have the Div 1 fixtures out at 12pm tomorrow.

I think Maidstone used to play at Sittingbournes old ground (greyhound stadium) not sure why they left there

I think they just thought Ashford would be a better deal, but I gather gates fell and fans weren't keen as it's in the middle of nowhere with no public transport etc. There was talk last season of them sharing at Chatham which the fans seemed to be happy with but not sure why this didn't materialise.

They did share at Sittingbourne, but recently at the newly constructed (modest) ground right next to the big Central Park stadium. Apparently Sittingbourne got into financial difficulties when they got idea above their station in the late 90's and nearly went under and ended up building this small stadium next door. Dons played there in the FA Cup a couple of years back and I had a look in the old stadium - massive grandstand and ground but a fair bit out of the town on an industrial estate. I do feel sorry for Maidstone fans, they really did have to start at the bottom and start again.Decent supporters and deserve to be back in Maidstone.

Can't they just promote Chertski to replace them and be done with it!!!

I think Maidstone used to play at Sittingbournes old ground (greyhound stadium) not sure why they left there

I think they just thought Ashford would be a better deal, but I gather gates fell and fans weren't keen as it's in the middle of nowhere with no public transport etc. There was talk last season of them sharing at Chatham which the fans seemed to be happy with but not sure why this didn't materialise.

They did share at Sittingbourne, but recently at the newly constructed (modest) ground right next to the big Central Park stadium. Apparently Sittingbourne got into financial difficulties when they got idea above their station in the late 90's and nearly went under and ended up building this small stadium next door. Dons played there in the FA Cup a couple of years back and I had a look in the old stadium - massive grandstand and ground but a fair bit out of the town on an industrial estate. I do feel sorry for Maidstone fans, they really did have to start at the bottom and start again.Decent supporters and deserve to be back in Maidstone.

That was the name! I played there in 2000. Long walk from the changing rooms to the pitch with a long staircase down to pitch level. I knew Sittingbourne moved next door for financial reasons and I think Maidstone went in there as soon as Sittingbourne switched the last light off.

With Ashford it appears they were spending more than they earned and the two directors got bored with it. Who's next? I have heard rumours that Farnborough are in financial difficulties again and they have some kind of transfer embargo as they have not paid players for the last couple of months of last season.

See Whitelaws page and the fixtures are now out. My typing is not that fast so it may be that this will get posted after someone else, but I thought it may be of interest.

First day fixtures;

Ash v Hanworth

Banstead v Horley

Bookham v Croydon

Chertsey v Badshot

Colliers v Guildford

Egham v Mole Valley

Molesey v Camberley

RPV v Cove

Sandhurst v Epsom

Wembley v Chessington

Dorking free as we all knew

There is a full midweek schedule as well.

Again, sorry if I am duplicating.

Come on!!