Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

FA TROPHY

Eastside Urchin

I don't mind playing in Ryman 1 North next season...

if Burnham finally get promoted.

BEANO!

i hope you're right old biscuits - am strangely looking forward to tonight to see the lads show us they can bounce back.

hornchurch o - i don't think sacrificing the trophy will help us win the ryman prem. i just think that it shouldn't in any way be a priority for us. sure if we get through a couple of rounds, then interest levels will rise but for now, i want us to concentrate on getting into the right half of the league table. Risking players in a competition we're unlikely to progress in isn't the best way of ensuring our ryman prem status.

esu, re: the matches you mentioned.

Cup final at southend - Essex Senior Cup. good day out, but was hardly a priority at the start of the season and i believe we fielded weakened sides in the opening rounds - also, not the fa trophy (which can fck off imo).

cocknose away in the sewer smelling tent - fantastic away day, lucky knickers, and steak rolls. however this was the FA vase and our first outing in a smaller cup competition since "all the evil" the season before - also, not the fa trophy (which can fck off imo).

Boston and Weymouth away - not sure if need to remind you fella, but these matches were both in the FA cup, which as you may now be aware, isn't the fa trophy (which can fck off imo).

I think the only FA Trophy match which has had any real meaning for the club is the Tony Maynard 1st round vs Arseley away which i missed. perhaps that's why i'm a bit bitter about the fa trophy and think it can fck off, perhaps not.

i can appreciate people getting misty eyed about previous glories and casting jealous eyes over other club's successes in this 2bob trophy, but personally and i know i may be alone in this opinion, i'm going to stick with my original analysis that i'd rather we win a throw in on the half way line tonight than risk any player getting injured in an attempt to get hollow revenge vs brentwood.

i'll be watching the trophy match from the bar sipping beer and casting an apathetic eye over the whole thing whilst the deluded folk in the eastside sing about wembley and thereby ensure brentwood's progression in yet another cup competition.

fck the fa trophy.

Edited by and1inthetree

• 2 weeks later...

i think as a football club we should go out to win every game, enter every comp, even squad players need a challange this is how we pick teams any cup is a good cup winning is good for confidance we come to football clubs to watch football lets not pick what we want to get knocked out of i for one look forward to home or away matches and the people we meet along the way ALL cups are a bonus when they come along

I agree although fixture congestion can cause a problem, staying in the FA Trophy and Fa Cup are key comps for us, not just for the fans but for the club in terms of exposure and money. If we were to have managed a run in the Cup then like shortly after Peterborough the crowds would be slightly higher. Then when it comes to the Trophy the potential opportunity to draw Luton away should not be looked down upon would be very useful for the club. As for the league cup apart from confidence i couldn't give at all