Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Buckingham Town evicted

It's clear that the Buckingham Town diehards aren't happy with the ground at the Winslow Centre as stated in the link below however they'll be back and, as I said, Winslow United might live to regret the way they behaved towards them:

http://s2.excoboard.com/Buckingham_Town_Fc/36144/2314421

A horrible read. Written by a 15 year old?

Not really SSML related but a report from another's Forum on yesterday's UCL Division One game at the Winslow Centre which is becoming a laughing stock isn't it:

Buckingham Town 1 Rothwell Town 1

United Counties League Division One

It doesnt seem along ago that these two teams were playing each other in the Southern League.Nowadays they are both languishing in the bottom division of the United Counties League.

Buckingham are now playing at The Winslow Centre and as its been mentioned so many times this season I wont bother describing it.At least today it was roped off and the teabar was in operation which was needed on a chilly day at a rather exposed venue.

Buckingham scored early on and then proceeded to miss chance after chance.They were made to pay for their poor finishing when Rothwell equalised in the last minute.Not a bad match and pleased to note that the UCL now have proper linesmen for their Division One matches.

£3 entrance fee plus £1 for a decent programme.Plenty of travellers present at this match from various parts of the country!

Not really SSML related but a report from another's Forum on yesterday's UCL Division One game at the Winslow Centre which is becoming a laughing stock isn't it:

Buckingham Town 1 Rothwell Town 1

United Counties League Division One

It doesnt seem along ago that these two teams were playing each other in the Southern League.Nowadays they are both languishing in the bottom division of the United Counties League.

Buckingham are now playing at The Winslow Centre and as its been mentioned so many times this season I wont bother describing it.At least today it was roped off and the teabar was in operation which was needed on a chilly day at a rather exposed venue.

Buckingham scored early on and then proceeded to miss chance after chance.They were made to pay for their poor finishing when Rothwell equalised in the last minute.Not a bad match and pleased to note that the UCL now have proper linesmen for their Division One matches.

£3 entrance fee plus £1 for a decent programme.Plenty of travellers present at this match from various parts of the country!

You're such a sod when you get your teeth into something. Is your vendetta against Winslow United down to the fact that you think they should have permitted Buckingham Town to groundshare with them?

(a) they're free to make their own decisions without your approval

(B) surely they also have a reserve side also playing at their ground?

© I bet it's a council owned ground and the decision's not theirs anyway.

We've been approached a few times in recent years by a number of clubs but with a reserve side and 4 youth sides it is not feasible and it's more beneficial in the long run to keep those sides running, growing and improving than taking a fast buck so to speak.

Well said Winslow Boy, the youth is the club's future not some quick buck scheme to accommodate another club that (in most cases) lost their ground through poor actions of their own doing.

Buckingham Town should be approaching their own council with a fully equipped business plan that shows their intentions of benefiting all concerned within the area, then hopefully a suitable result will ensure for all.

• 2 weeks later...

It would appear from this report, from another's Forum, that Buckingham Town's days at the inadequate Winslow Centre are numbered:

Buckingham Town 5 Bourne Town 1 (United Counties League Division 1) Att: 26 h/c

Good call by Sanktpaulee, this, as I was running out of ideas. This proved to be splendid entertainment, and the home side's win appeared to be aided by the visitor's keeper, who wasn't really a keeper at all, and eventually saw red for the most blatant penalty I've ever seen. The Robins were three up in no time at all, and at no point did Bourne ever look like getting anything from the game, although their goal was a corker.

The Winslow Centre has been described on here before; suffice to say that it provides the Robins with a temporary home, and well done to the UCL for allowing it. They seem to be hopeful of moving on soon, so if you want to catch them, do so soon. They are a very friendly club and I hope they survive and prosper, but crowds are clearly falling - at least a quarter of the gate was of the travelling variety.

Admission £3; decent prog a quid; cup of tea 60p. Hot dogs were available, but Villan took a profound dislike to the tinned sausages and would not buy. Back to the gas fire by 5.30.

Buckingham Town's days at the inadequate Winslow Centre are numbered:

Rumoured to be going to Mursley...........more possible joy for fixtures secretaries that struggle with a calendar

Surely that's no good for UCL or vase? They have games called off all the time there too, I'm sure it would take the sting out of ivesy pocket if the did though.

Edited by Winslow Boy

this still makes me smile :D . the shi/t btfc give padbury last season for our ground share with them and now this lol .

Yeah....what goes around....

Well you said it, I'd be afraid be very afraid if I were Winslow United!

Well you said it, I'd be afraid be very afraid if I were Winslow United!

Explain.... You mean investing time and effort into our ground our youth structure continuing our strong connections in the community and working towards chartered status to which we are close? In that case I hope what goes around comes around. However I'd love to hear your deductions from searching through forums and drawing your own ludicrous conclusions, enlighten me. Interesting to note you have nothing to say about recent developments at Tik Tok.....what goes around comes around. Note those divs who come on talking about good old Rhodes and people just use this to trash him, why don't you read his posts and see that he turns anything into nonsense and no one else

Edited by Winslow Boy

this still makes me smile :D . the shi/t btfc give padbury last season for our ground share with them and now this lol.

Ref Off Ref – Didn’t you see the Terminator films and hear the infamous catchphrase ‘I’ll be back’, that applies to Buckingham Town and when they are Winslow United will pay a heavy price for their antics when the Club’s met in the FA Vase

WB.....as I've said before Rhodes is extremely jealous of clubs that do well for themselves, thing is he can deny it all he likes but it's true.

Lol just hope the boys can get back fit and start getting it done on the pitch, got a great manager and a talented squad but we haven't had the same starting XI in any game since we beat Wokingham in vase and out results since bear that out. Got some cracking young players coming through and most should be back in Jan just got to hope we aren't to far behind already

this still makes me smile :D . the shi/t btfc give padbury last season for our ground share with them and now this lol.

Ref Off Ref – Didn’t you see the Terminator films and hear the infamous catchphrase ‘I’ll be back’, that applies to Buckingham Town and when they are Winslow United will pay a heavy price for their antics when the Club’s met in the FA Vase

You know what happened to the terminator in the end he got messed up and melted down and that was the end of him! What's the heavy price that we will pay then? Nothing they can do (other than beat us in a footy match lol) can bother us. You fu/cking pathetic piece of $hit. Explain yourself you [****!!****]!ng maggott

Edited by Winslow Boy

Ps To all concerned Notice Rhodes has addressed any of my points or has mentioned a single fact or even morsel of truth. What a total pr!ck once again he has ruined decent discussion him and no one else.

In case you hadn't noticed I am in no mood for his bull$hit today hahaha

Edited by Winslow Boy