Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Buckingham Town evicted

Ref Off Ref - That doesn't really answer the question though does it, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious

Ref Off Ref - That doesn't really answer the question though does it, I'm sure I'm not the only one who is curious

..........speak now whoever you are or forever hold your peace. lol

Not sure what point Rhodesy is trying to make but is it a bit like Tokyngton moving 30 miles from their home because it is convenient to all but their 3 or 4 fans?

• 2 months later...

Not entirely SSML related but a report from another's Forum on Buckingham Town's home match yesterday, clearly the Winslow Centre is not an ideal venue for the beleaguered Club but I thought it was a bit below the belt when Winslow United un-necessarily rubbed salt into their wounds when the Club's locked horns in the FA Vase last month:

Buckingham Town 0 ON Chenecks 0 United Counties Division 1

Admission £3/ £1.50

Programme £1

Tea 60p

h/c 33. (inc at least 10 hoppers)

In the late 1990's I saw Buckingham Town play Forest Green Rovers in the Southern League Midland Division. One club now plays in the Conference and has a modern stadium and the other now plays on little more than a park pitch at Step 6. Buckingham now play at the Winslow Centre and I'm surprised (although it's welcome) that the league allow them to play here. The pitch is unrailed, not even a rope was out today and there is no hard standing or cover. The welcome was friendly and the programme wasn't bad. The game unfortunately was dire in the first half. Both sides tried do do much and neither side really looked like scoring. The second half improved in the last 10 minutes when the Buckingham number 11 went on a great run and he was unlucky to see his shot hit the post. The visitors then began playing the long ball, taking advantage of the strong wind and this caused problems. Twice the visiting number 9 was 1 on 1 with the home keeper and twice he messed things up. In the 92nd minute the visitors were awarded a penalty. Up stepped the hapless number 9 whose penalty was easily saved. Buckingham broke down the other end and with the goal gaping, the player managed to miss the target. This was my 3rd 0-0 of the season. I really hope that the dedicated Buckingham officals can find a ground in Buckingham and rebuuild the club. I wonder if by 2020, Buckingham will be playing Forest Green Rovers again in the league?

Winslow Boy - No, no at all but it might pay Winslow United to work with Buckingham Town rather than against them, haven't you heard the saying 'be nice to people on your way up as you'll meet them on your way down'.

Well when Buckingham Town get back on their feet again, in the not too distant future, the way you treated them may come back to haunt you, that's all I'm saying

How I Won Friends and Influenced People by Clifford Rhodes. In all good bucket shops and supermarket discount bins for christmas.

How did we treat them? Please explain so I can make you look even more stupid. Facts 1 team lied to the FA about where they play ther games one team spent money on making sure their ground was up to standard. One team wanted a replay if the game was drawn and needed to know we're it would be played and one team wanted penalties because they knew they didn't have a ground to play the tie. You tell me where the fault if any lies? I can safely say no one at Winslow is concerned about buckingham town, but Yey have certainly burnt bridges with us (in my opinion obviously i cant speak for the club)and Buck Ath if there were any and now the FA (and make no mistake as a distant supporter I have no concerns about making sure they are well aware after all the nonsense they came up with) are aware of their ground situation I think only one side will be haunted by their poor behaviour. I await your ill informed actually totally non informed response

Edited by Winslow Boy

Winslow Boy - No, no at all but it might pay Winslow United to work with Buckingham Town rather than against them, haven't you heard the saying 'be nice to people on your way up as you'll meet them on your way down'.

In other words Winslow should drop their own reserves and grab the quick buck (so to speak)?

If, as it has been claimed, Buckingham Town failed to keep up payments to the landlord of their own ground why would another club want to bend over to accomodate them as well as taking a backwards step in the development of their own club.

Precisely Tring army. The committe and managers have been working very hard to get things right on and importantly off the field. The youth set up is coming on well now after some hard tough years and is now producing some genuinely talented players who are now forcing their way into the 1st and reserve sides and every season more coming through. This is far more important than cashing in in the short term on a groundshare. If anyone cares to read through this thread they will see I'm genuinely sorry for Buckingham Towns plight and hope they get sorted. However after all that $hit they were spreading I am less bothered which was all down to their underhand tactics, I mean how is it fair that every other club the vase has to spend massive amounts of money to have a ground eligible to play in case and they lie about it and play on a park? That's what the anagram feeder trophy is there for. If thy think Banbury will play two legs at home in the charity cup they are mistaken, and they have also listed Stratford Fielda as their ground for that competition too! It's not on and it's a flat out lie!

Edited by Winslow Boy

In other words Winslow should drop their own reserves and grab the quick buck (so to speak)?

If, as it has been claimed, Buckingham Town failed to keep up payments to the landlord of their own ground why would another club want to bend over to accomodate them as well as taking a backwards step in the development of their own club.

well said also what makes me really laugh about this is all buckingham fans players and manager hated the fact that we ground shared with them . and gave us alot [censored] for it now they want a ground share ha ha :P

It's clear that the Buckingham Town diehards aren't happy with the ground at the Winslow Centre as stated in the link below however they'll be back and, as I said, Winslow United might live to regret the way they behaved towards them:

http://s2.excoboard.com/Buckingham_Town_Fc/36144/2314421

We didn't behave anyway other than with total professionalism and we have a ground that's improving all the time and they don't. I don't think we are the team with regrets or worries. I do feel for some of the guys behind the scenes good football people and once a great club. Good luck to them.