Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Buckingham Town evicted

We're not talking about Craig here though are we, we're talking about Padbury. It's obvious that whatever happens that Craig & Co are going to be moving higher next season with or without Padbury. Doesn't mean that Padbury as a football need to fold, just means they need to find someone that would be willing to keep it going in Div 2 at the village ground.

What are the rules about applying to be in a particular division etc. and the price to do this.

If the cut off is by the AGM and they need to have an entry fee and all facilities in place with all members of the club surely this is not going to be acheivable with a brand new set of people?

Like I say, not sure about the rules but one of you lot will

Padbury historically middle of the road north bucks side. No one in the village watches or is interested in it. Pirton, Selbey, Eaton Bray, Shillington, Letchworth, AC Delco, Electrolux, MK Borough, MK City, Shenley and Loughton and many more all gone at this level many of those were big clubs who had won lots of titles..... Somebody from north bucks may see Padbury as a chance to step up a level possibly.

I think the whole thing is a mess and sounds like the league need to step in and get this sorted. I think any team without there own ground should no be able to get promoted. Your just asking for problems.

League get this sorted.

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say I think you will all end up at harpenden next season. I know for a fact they are looking for a new chairman with money and passion, they need a new manager and players as the last lot have left....right or wrong. Like I say just a guess

Wrong, their new manager is already in place. Previously at Harpenden Rovers.

The vision the Padbury Chairman had was not only a dream but a vision that was well within his capabilities, to make such a thing reality would cost, and he was ready to back it all the way.

He also had the contacts, the players, the Management, everything was in place except a base to start it from, he was even prepared to change the club name to where that base would be.

For an area the size of MK, even Buckinghamshire it's an opportunity that's been wasted, a chance not only for the present, but people of the future.

Many people have the dream but this was probably the most realistic chance of it happening, but for whatever reasons people have allowed it to pass.

Most will move on, most will reach a certain level, but this will always be a case of what could have been.

Craig Bicknell has accepted the joint managers post at Ampthill Town where he will be working alongside Steve Goodridge, the current Ampthill manager.

As Craig is still on holiday he asked me to post this news, in a nutshell Steve contacted Craig prior to him going away, Ampthill were short on personell, Padbury were without a pitch, negotiations took place and an agreement was reached.

Steve and Craig it should be noted are good friends, Steve has a good track record both as a player and manager and Craig in turn has in his time been very successful as a manager too, hopefully this can continue for them.

This will be a good step for Craig as at Padbury he had no reserve or youth side to fall back on which Ampthill do have, so along with the squad that won promotion for Padbury last season, what Ampthill have remaining and a few additions that were already in the pipeline, it could be a good season ahead for both Steve and Craig.

It's fair to add that in an ideal world Craig would have loved to take the name of Padbury forward, but through means totally out of his control this was denied, what this now means at the forthcoming SSML AGM as to whether it is a reprieve for Stony Stratford or a lifeline for Winslow only the powers to be will know, but out of this deal where two clubs did look dead on their feet at least one can go forward.

I am sure on his return Craig may add more of an update, but for now he has assured me that this was in the end the only way forward, for all the hard work of last season and then in trying to keep Padbury alive when the news regarding Ford Meadow came to light he deserves this opportunity.

As for who else comes on board maybe in time that may come to light, this was not a Padbury takeover of Ampthill it should be added, it was two clubs in trouble and from it one name survives.

At least though Craig and the boys now get their chance in Division 1 of which they worked so hard to achieve last season.

Looks like it is the end of Padbury United

Guess you'd have to ask their chairman Phil Smith, looks like Bicknell and mob left for the coast.

R.I.P PADBURY UNITED

So can you confirm that Padbury United will not exist at all next season? Is no-one prepared to keep the team and name alive as a Div 2 outfit?

I'm only relaying what I have been told, guess the full answers to all the questions will come out at the forthcoming SSML AGM.

Ref Off Ref - So I take it your boy will be plying his trade at Ampthill Park next season

Had his first shoulder op last month, has the right shoulder op in August, so earliest all being well of a return is around February....so no guarantee Rhodes

Cheers Keeps...LOL me too, friggin 5 seasons of injuries now coz this is carried from last season.

Paul, I reckon you should keep Tom away from Ampthill considering it was that ground where he done his shoulder twice. Bad karma and all that

First Adie he has to get fit, then he has to prove he is worth the shirt...at least if he can achieve the first two surely lightening doesn't strike....erm 3 times haha

friggin 5 seasons of injuries now

Ref Off Ref - No offence but can you really blame people for comparing your lad to Darren Anderton

Ref Off Ref - No offence but can you really blame people for comparing your lad to Darren Anderton

Rhodes, at least RoRs lad got involved in a sport so as to be unlucky enough to sustain injuries

What do your kids do, other than roam the streets like the feral beings they are

I'm hoping you checked out the appearances etc. before you made this statement??