Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Buckingham Town evicted

Personally I quite by chance found out something really funny about the bloke a while ago and I just smile now whenever he posts. No, don't ask me I couldn't possibly say lol.

Well I will be more than interested to know what it is you supposedly found out

Well of corse you would. Never mind eh?

cheesy%20(2).gif

Loosely - Well that silly post just goes to show you have nothing on me, there are no skeletons whatsoever in my cupboard, are there any in yours

Loosely - Well that silly post just goes to show you have nothing on me, there are no skeletons whatsoever in my cupboard, are there any in yours

Keep fishing Rhoddesy

cheesy%20(2).gif

Loosely - Like I said you have nothing on me, I'm whiter than white, can you say that about yourself!

Loosely - Like I said you have nothing on me, I'm whiter than white, can you say that about yourself!

And yet you still keep fishing Rhoddesy. Don't worry, I'll never tell, you can trust me. 409.gif

Well I dare you to 'kiss and tell', go on spill the beans and give everybody a laugh, I'm calling your bluff

Oh I wouldn't tell to give everyone else a laugh Rhoddesy, it's my laugh, all mine and you don't talk about this sort of thing on a footy forum, more like Dear Deidre.... you mustn't worry, your secret is safe with me.

wink.gif

This weeks Buckingham Advertiser:

THE Padbury United dream is over.

The club, which had ambitions to play in prestigious competitions like the FA Vase and FA Cup, has been forced to drop out of the South Midlands Football League, with its best players and managers heading off to rivals Ampthill United.

Things were looking rosy just two months ago when they won promotion into the South Midlands Division One after winning Division Two at a canter.

But the club was thrown into turmoil at the start of this month when Buckingham Town were forced out of their Ford Meadow home by landowners, The Sherm Group.

Padbury United, which was formed in 1964, had been sharing the ground and the move left both sides homeless.

The club were immediately unable to play in their new league without the high quality facilities Buckingham had offered.

And when the league this week published a list of its member teams for the upcoming season, Padbury’s name was conspicuous by its absence.

Padbury had been given four weeks to find a new groundshare and had approached Ampthill with the aim of sharing their pitch, but when that hope was dashed the club withdrew from the league.

Shortly after that manager Craig Bicknell and a number of his players took the decision to join Ampthill.

Padbury chairman Phil Smith said: “Four weeks wasn’t enough time to find a new groundshare.

“I spent a great deal of time talking to local clubs, but they found it difficult to accommodate us. Many have second teams who use their grounds for matchplay in addition to their first teams.

“We looked at several alternatives including returning to the existing Padbury ground, but felt we had achieved so much to gain promotion last season, it wasn’t a realistic proposition to return to Padbury.

“The manager and players didn’t want to play in division two again.”

Chairman of Ampthill FC, Bernie Suttard confirmed the situation.

He said: “To start with there was contact to see if they could groundshare, which wasn’t feasible.

“I met with Phil Smith, who wanted to get involved here and bring his team. We weren’t really comfortable with that. He was offering to put some money our way, but it is not the way we do business.

“We were already talking to Craig (Bicknell) and with the agreement of Phil Smith we will be bringing him here as joint manager along with six to eight of his players.

“We didn’t want the whole team as we have a lot of history and didn’t want to lose that by taking on Padbury. There is no merger and no money from Mr Smith, but he will be welcome here whenever he wants.”

The developments are bound to be a massive disappointment to Milton Keynes businessman and Padbury resident Mr Smith, who would have celebrated 25 years as Padbury chairman during the 2011/12 season.

At the end of last year he told our sports reporter Mark Pendred that he hoped to see United become the number two side in the Milton Keynes area – behind only League One outfit MK Dons.

During that interview in December he said: “The groundsharing with Buckingham has given us a passport to move up and up.”

Those words have come back to bite him now and he has now admitted he will be retiring from football.

“We have to put a positive slant on what’s happened,” he said.

“It’s sad we have lost the Padbury United name but we have managed to retain the team in the interests of football. These last few weeks have been quite fraught. I have put a lot of time, effort and money into this club, but feel it’s time to step back from things.

“I have decided to retire from football temporarily and will not join the new set-up at Ampthill, although I will continue to support the team and follow their fortunes.

“Buckingham Town thought their lease was renewable, but I’ve spoken to the landlord and he has made it quite clear it was a one-year deal and the club had to find somewhere else within that time.”

> There will be a team playing football in Padbury next season.

A new side called Real Padbury United has been formed to play in North Bucks Division Two on Padbury playing fields.

One of the founders Mark Ayers said: “We had planned to do it anyway. Most of the players at Padbury United were from Milton Keynes. We wanted to return a team to the village of Padbury.

“It is very important to have local players. The reason we started was Padbury United were no longer a Padbury team. They were a team from MK playing at Buckingham and the village pitch wasn’t getting used.”

Training sessions at the new club start on July 13 at the playing fields and anyone interested in playing should contact Mr Ayers on 07900 692435.

The club were immediately unable to play in their new league without the high quality facilities Buckingham had offered.

And when the league this week published a list of its member teams for the upcoming season, Padbury’s name was conspicuous by its absence.

“We looked at several alternatives including returning to the existing Padbury ground, but felt we had achieved so much to gain promotion last season, it wasn’t a realistic proposition to return to Padbury.

“The manager and players didn’t want to play in division two again.”

A very informative article however the above extracts spring off the page, it all boils down to why Padbury United couldn't just continue playing in Division 2 rather than folding altogether

This weeks Buckingham Advertiser:

THE Padbury United dream is over.

I see that the sad news has made the Non League Today website:

http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/news/index.php?&newsmode=FULL&nid=76376

• 3 weeks later...

So where will Buckingham Town be plying their trade this season then, I see that they played an Oxford United XI at Stowe School on Wednesday:

http://s2.excoboard.com/Buckingham_Town_Fc/36144/2292681

Stratford fields maybe....

Don't know if there's any truth in it but a dickie bird told me that they were looking at Gawcott. How that relates to UCL ground regulations I dont know.

They are and league have allowed it for one season apparently

• 1 month later...

I see from another's Forum that Buckingham Town appear to be settled at a new ground at the Winslow Centre, maybe Padbury United should have tried to hold onto their coat tails and move there with them:

Buckingham Town (1) 1

Burton Park Wanderers (1) 1

UCL One

Att: 53 (headcount)

Admission: £3 OAP's £1.50

Prog: £1 (28 pages, glossy cover, good content)

Coffee 80p

Photo's @ https://picasaweb.google.com/...uckinghamTownWinslow#

Buckingham's first game at the Winslow Centre, the ground was actually better than I thought as there is only one pitch and that is quite enclosed. Dug-outs on the far side, a large car park 20 yards or so back behind one goal and the centre's buildings 20 or so yards back down the other side, which actually give some cover and hardstanding. Nice tea bar / clubroom by reception in the main building, said tea bar is run by the club. Hots and cold drinks, chocolate bars, cakes and rolls were available. The toilets are behind the clubroom, though I would not advise some of the larger posters to attempt a "number two" in the toilets as they seem to be designed for Dwarfs or the under 10's, in fact the whole washroom is built to a rather small scale.

The game was not great, most of the action happened in the last quarter of an hour before half-time, two goals and a missed pen by BPW. The second half saw the homesters try hard but they could not get a goal. The game was fiesty at times and there were a few nasty tackles. To be fare the weather did not help, on kick-off the heavens opened for a couple of minutes, we then had strong winds blowing across the plains of the Vale of Aylesbury and by the end of the second half we were stood in bright sunshine.

A number of well known faces were in attendances a number had come by bus, after the game the one to Aylesbury goes back at 4.56pm and the one to Buckingham at 5.15pm (ish). The nearest railway stations are Aylesbury and then said bus, I presume the mian Aylesbury station and not Parkway or MK and Bicester which would mean the X5 Oxford - Cambridge coach service to Buckingham Tesco's and then said local bus.

The programme did say the club hope to get a ground back in Buckingham though this is at least a year away, it would be located on the opposide side of the road from Buckingham Tesco's this would make access by public transport easy as (i think) every bus that goes to Buckingham uses Tesco's as a bus interchange.

The ground is no more than 5 or so minutes walk from Winslow town centre, on route to the town you pass a chippy and a couple of other take-aways.

I see from another's Forum that Buckingham Town appear to be settled at a new ground at the Winslow Centre, maybe Padbury United should have tried to hold onto their coat tails and move there with them:

Buckingham Town (1) 1

Burton Park Wanderers (1) 1

UCL One

Att: 53 (headcount)

Admission: £3 OAP's £1.50

Prog: £1 (28 pages, glossy cover, good content)

Coffee 80p

Photo's @ https://picasaweb.google.com/...uckinghamTownWinslow#

Buckingham's first game at the Winslow Centre, the ground was actually better than I thought as there is only one pitch and that is quite enclosed. Dug-outs on the far side, a large car park 20 yards or so back behind one goal and the centre's buildings 20 or so yards back down the other side, which actually give some cover and hardstanding. Nice tea bar / clubroom by reception in the main building, said tea bar is run by the club. Hots and cold drinks, chocolate bars, cakes and rolls were available. The toilets are behind the clubroom, though I would not advise some of the larger posters to attempt a "number two" in the toilets as they seem to be designed for Dwarfs or the under 10's, in fact the whole washroom is built to a rather small scale.

The game was not great, most of the action happened in the last quarter of an hour before half-time, two goals and a missed pen by BPW. The second half saw the homesters try hard but they could not get a goal. The game was fiesty at times and there were a few nasty tackles. To be fare the weather did not help, on kick-off the heavens opened for a couple of minutes, we then had strong winds blowing across the plains of the Vale of Aylesbury and by the end of the second half we were stood in bright sunshine.

A number of well known faces were in attendances a number had come by bus, after the game the one to Aylesbury goes back at 4.56pm and the one to Buckingham at 5.15pm (ish). The nearest railway stations are Aylesbury and then said bus, I presume the mian Aylesbury station and not Parkway or MK and Bicester which would mean the X5 Oxford - Cambridge coach service to Buckingham Tesco's and then said local bus.

The programme did say the club hope to get a ground back in Buckingham though this is at least a year away, it would be located on the opposide side of the road from Buckingham Tesco's this would make access by public transport easy as (i think) every bus that goes to Buckingham uses Tesco's as a bus interchange.

The ground is no more than 5 or so minutes walk from Winslow town centre, on route to the town you pass a chippy and a couple of other take-aways.

With the exception of the highlighted piece cannot see what this has to do with the SSML, unless.....Rhodes is looking for his usual bite.

See if I can assist you Rhodes, Craig, Steve Tucker and the coaching staff moved to Ampthill, along with a dozen or so players who most, with the execption of injuries, are playing regular.

No rent to pay, a ground that maybe be up to plying step 5 football, top of the division at present (this may change obviously as the weeks go by), okay not the original Chairman and Secretary, but Bernie and Eric appear to be top blokes who have welcomed us all to Ampthill, so not really an issue there.

Probably the same traveling distance from MK to Ampthill as Buckingham's Ford Meadow was....I am trying for you Rhodes, erm the change of team name maybe, that's all I can think of Rhodes.....(does that constitute a bite????).

Slightly changing the subject, nice to see your re-invested interest into Tik Tok and your appearance on Saturday to support them went......pear-shaped.

Don't give up your support for them Rhodes.

It would appear from Buckingham Town's Forum that they have got off on the wrong foot with Winslow United, maybe Winslow Boy can shed some light on who they are referring to:

http://s2.excoboard.com/Buckingham_Town_Fc/36144/2299952

Craig, Steve Tucker and the coaching staff moved to Ampthill, along with a dozen or so players who most, with the execption of injuries, are playing regular.

No rent to pay, a ground that maybe be up to plying step 5 football, top of the division at present, okay not the original Chairman and Secretary, but Bernie and Eric appear to be top blokes who have welcomed us all to Ampthill, so not really an issue there.

Ref Off Ref - I can’t help thinking from the above that once you were resigned to Padbury United folding, and realised you would be all dressed up with nowhere to go this season, you latched onto the first Club that would give you the time of day which happened to be Ampthill Town. It’s the way you say ‘no rent to pay’ and ‘okay not the original Chairman and Secretary’ which makes it look like you have just cleverly moved Padbury United to Ampthill Park in all but name, reading between the lines you would have got rid of Mr Stuttard and Mr Turner too if you could have done, am I right or wrong, be honest.