Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

Lets put the game into prespective. I watched via the link and in my opinion AFC went 5-2 up and took their foot of the gas. Fair play for rallying and making the scorline more les flattering. Guernsey looked very vunerable to the long ball and your centre half looked poor.

Also lets get it right you played AFC's "development squad" a team made up of first, second and third year apprentices only 3 playes, Jones, Kiernan and Turner(gk) are first team squad members.

You need to vastly improve at the back as many teams in this division will punish you with defending like that.

i would say that's a fair assessment. they made a lot of changes all at once which didn't help them.

and our centre back who you are singling out isn't our first choice (3rd or 4th choice i would say).

and as for the previous comments, i think GG and GD are both now in the same 'walk the league easily' boat. myself and trebor (?) are in the 'confident but not boastful' boat behind them.

What I was trying to get across was that there was nothing between the teams and bar a few crucial ref/linesman decisions etc we would have won.

I hope we don't have refereeing that bad in the CCL but if we do I hope the luck 'evens itself over the season'. Which it probably will.

and if AFC had converted more of their many chances in the first half then they would have been 5 or 6-1 up at halftime.

Guernsey didn't look out of their depth but i wouldnt say they deserved to win.

WHAT ! you were watching a differnet game to me !!! what about in the first 10mins when one of our players completly missed a sitter from about 10 yards out and then their keeper produced a world class save to somehow tip over a long range rocket. Those 2 chance were before they had any so don't give me they should have been 5 or 6-1 up nonsense !

They did miss a few chances but we could have been 2-0 up after 10 mins its a different game then

G.D. Now being the honest man you are,did one of Guernsey' GOALS NOT CROSS THE LINE?

It didn't cross that was one of many refeering and linesman howlers that night ! lol

What I was trying to get across was that there was nothing between the teams and bar a few crucial ref/linesman decisions etc we would have won.

I hope we don't have refereeing that bad in the CCL but if we do I hope the luck 'evens itself over the season'. Which it probably will.

and if AFC had converted more of their many chances in the first half then they would have been 5 or 6-1 up at halftime.

WHAT ! you were watching a differnet game to me !!! what about in the first 10mins when one of our players completly missed a sitter from about 10 yards out and then their keeper produced a world class save to somehow tip over a long range rocket. Those 2 chance were before they had any so don't give me they should have been 5 or 6-1 up nonsense !

They did miss a few chances but we could have been 2-0 up after 10 mins its a different game then

Lets put the game into prespective. I watched via the link and in my opinion AFC went 5-2 up and took their foot of the gas. Fair play for rallying and making the scorline more les flattering. Guernsey looked very vunerable to the long ball and your centre half looked poor.

Also lets get it right you played AFC's "development squad" a team made up of first, second and third year apprentices only 3 playes, Jones, Kiernan and Turner(gk) are first team squad members.

You need to vastly improve at the back as many teams in this division will punish you with defending like that.

The coverage didn't show our 2 early chances. Actually I thought the camera work was very poor. They zoomed in to close in my opinion.

We are not nornally that bad at the back and our keeper Chris Tardiff was at Portsmouth when they were in the premier league, so he is a good quality keeper.

The coverage I believe also didnt show the chances AFC missed. Not normally that bad?? you cant use that as an excuse- but I have a feeling we will hear that again this season. Also Donkey dont you think that teams in this division have managed to get players from a higher level playing for them?

i would say that's a fair assessment. they made a lot of changes all at once which didn't help them.

and our centre back who you are singling out isn't our first choice (3rd or 4th choice i would say).

and as for the previous comments, i think GG and GD are both now in the same 'walk the league easily' boat. myself and trebor (?) are in the 'confident but not boastful' boat behind them.

Wether he is first or second choice is irrelevant, you wont have the first choice pairing available every week this is were your 35 man squad will come into play.

The coverage didn't show our 2 early chances. Actually I thought the camera work was very poor. They zoomed in to close in my opinion.

We are not nornally that bad at the back and our keeper Chris Tardiff was at Portsmouth when they were in the premier league, so he is a good quality keeper.

The coverage I believe also didnt show the chances AFC missed. Not normally that bad?? you cant use that as an excuse- but I have a feeling we will hear that again this season. Also Donkey dont you think that teams in this division have managed to get players from a higher level playing for them?

blah blah blah !

I will let our results do the talking ;)

blah blah blah !

I will let our results do the talking ;)

Now Now Donkey dont go all blah blah blah on me!! You stated about your chances not being shown..nor were AFC's. You then say you got an ex premiership goalkeeper who since signing pro for portsmouth in 1988 as only played a max of ten first team games half of which in the championship. was loaned out during that time aswell and got released in 2004. He since has been playing in the lower leagues. He lives in Guernsey so its not actually an amazing signing.

Edited by Tucks1

Wether he is first or second choice is irrelevant, you wont have the first choice pairing available every week this is were your 35 man squad will come into play.

good point. i hadn't really thought of it like that. On that point I would say that we probably have 3 players who would normally start but were missing last night.

is this forum normally this busy, or is the GFC making it a bit busier than normal?

Tucks is geting the bug..............

Ha Ha just a tad sean. Just a tad!! Honestly I think they think this division is a walk over.

is this forum normally this busy, or is the GFC making it a bit busier than normal?

It's a pretty busy forum considering the level of football we are discussing. Guernsey is one of the latest in a long line of hot button issues and we like it that way. :)

Ha Ha just a tad sean. Just a tad!! Honestly I think they think this division is a walk over.

I haven't said it will be a walk over.

I am confident on a top 3 finish though. Whats wrong with getting behind your team and being confident ?

I do agree with others that our away games will be difficult, but I think we can win the vast majority at home as we will have big vocal crowds behind us and I think that some some the teams in the league will freeze playing us at home.

I think our home form will be good enough to get us a top 3 finish.

An we both know it certainly is not after both coming close an winning it !!!

On your higher players wanting to play we have numerous an so does every club in this division i think maybe there under estimating alot of us as last season 1 of 10 teams coulda won it at one point !!

Oh how i wish you were still ringside this season mate lol

good point. i hadn't really thought of it like that. On that point I would say that we probably have 3 players who would normally start but were missing last night.

very quiet at the moment,due to a lot of Gold Members being on holiday.Have you thought of signing up only £5.JUST THINK WHAT AN HONOUR IT WOULD BE IF YOU WERE THE FIRST.Guernsey donkey is already on google.

I haven't said it will be a walk over.

I am confident on a top 3 finish though. Whats wrong with getting behind your team and being confident ?

I do agree with others that our away games will be difficult, but I think we can win the vast majority at home as we will have big vocal crowds behind us and I think that some some the teams in the league will freeze playing us at home.

I think our home form will be good enough to get us a top 3 finish.

There in confidence and their is arrogance- both of which I actually like. I will say what i put in my earlier post. This division has teams that are full of players who have played in front of big crowds. In my opinion players dont freeze they raise their games in front of support whoever it is for. Can Guernsey raise their game away from home on park pitches in front of a crowd of ten...9 of which are guernsey officials!!

An we both know it certainly is not after both coming close an winning it !!!

On your higher players wanting to play we have numerous an so does every club in this division i think maybe there under estimating alot of us as last season 1 of 10 teams coulda won it at one point !!

Oh how i wish you were still ringside this season mate lol

Ha Ha I might just get involved with a team just for the trip to guernsey!! How they would love me out there!! hahahacheesy%20%282%29.gif