Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

It's not been deleted, it was added to the Sat 16th July thread.

Have to take issue with the 'team many Leagues above us' comment, as it was the reserves who are probably CCL level in all honesty.

Correct TRS as I have already stated in a previous post, possably Step 6 if you include the Youth content of the squad !

Have to take issue with the 'team many Leagues above us' comment, as it was the reserves who are probably CCL level in all honesty.

I detect with your comments that you thought AFC would roll us over easy. Well we could have been 2-0 up as we missed 2 chances easy on. So we should have really won the game.

.....but you didn't !

Donkey, I am a Guernseyrite, in so far that I have previously stated I welcome you to the CCL but my dear friend, I draw you to the attention of the words, UNLUCKY, INJURIES, SUSPENSIONS, BAD LUCK, MISTAKES, OFFSIDE, COULD , SHOULD, IF ONLY, BUT, THE REF. THE LINESMAN / ASSISTANT and many more ........ it's obvious that ''Guernsey players'' missed the chances, and didn't win......if every club said the same, we'd all be winners and have no losers ! Just accept it and hope not to hear excuses, the end result tells the story despite the IF'S and BUT'S just accept it and move on....... better times are ahead I'm sure !

Funny enough their left winger looked a bit tasty in that video highlights.

Are you implying a red card smudger!!

No never,you will have him in your pocket early doors,by hook or by crook.Now that your a reformed character.

I detect with your comments that you thought AFC would roll us over easy. Well we could have been 2-0 up as we missed 2 chances easy on. So we should have really won the game.

.....but you didn't !

Donkey, I am a Guernseyrite, in so far that I have previously stated I welcome you to the CCL but my dear friend, I draw you to the attention of the words, UNLUCKY, INJURIES, SUSPENSIONS, BAD LUCK, MISTAKES, OFFSIDE, COULD , SHOULD, IF ONLY, BUT, THE REF. THE LINESMAN / ASSISTANT and many more ........ it's obvious that ''Guernsey players'' missed the chances, and didn't win......if every club said the same, we'd all be winners and have no losers ! Just accept it and hope not to hear excuses, the end result tells the story despite the IF'S and BUT'S just accept it and move on....... better times are ahead I'm sure !

What I was trying to get across was that there was nothing between the teams and bar a few crucial ref/linesman decisions etc we would have won.

I hope we don't have refereeing that bad in the CCL but if we do I hope the luck 'evens itself over the season'. Which it probably will.

.....but you didn't !

What I was trying to get across was that there was nothing between the teams and bar a few crucial ref/linesman decisions etc we would have won.

I hope we don't have refereeing that bad in the CCL but if we do I hope the luck 'evens itself over the season'. Which it probably will.

Donkey I watched the game on the link and In my opinion AFC went 5-2 cruising and took their foot of the gas. You looked very vunerable to the long ball. Fair play for getting the score line back but it was a pre season frienldy and it was not AFC reserves it was their development squad of which 3, Turner , Jones and Keirnan were first team squad members.

Donkey believe me you will have some good officials, some bad officials and some absolutely shocking officials and as Nice Guy said dont look to blame the officals all teams are in the same boat!!

Edited by Tucks1

.....but you didn't !

Donkey believe me you will have some good officials, some bad officials and some absolutely shocking officials and as Nice Guy said dont look to blame the officals all teams are in the same boat!!

Believe me mate even bad refereing won't stop us going up :smilewinkgrin:

and if AFC had converted more of their many chances in the first half then they would have been 5 or 6-1 up at halftime.

Guernsey didn't look out of their depth but i wouldnt say they deserved to win.

and if AFC had converted more of their many chances in the first half then they would have been 5 or 6-1 up at halftime.

WHAT ! you were watching a differnet game to me !!! what about in the first 10mins when one of our players completly missed a sitter from about 10 yards out and then their keeper produced a world class save to somehow tip over a long range rocket. Those 2 chance were before they had any so don't give me they should have been 5 or 6-1 up nonsense !

They did miss a few chances but we could have been 2-0 up after 10 mins its a different game then

.....but you didn't !

Now Now Donkey ...Guru has spouted on enough I thought you were the sensible one!!

WHAT ! you were watching a differnet game to me !!! what about in the first 10mins when one of our players completly missed a sitter from about 10 yards out and then their keeper produced a world class save to somehow tip over a long range rocket. Those 2 chance were before they had any so don't give me they should have been 5 or 6-1 up nonsense !

They did miss a few chances but we could have been 2-0 up after 10 mins its a different game then

exactly. it's all ifs and buts. fact is, we lost. played well but lost.

Haha true, il give you that one! Yea im good mate, fitness is getting there and....wait for it....no injuries! yet.......hope you're good pal, saw on another thread your missus is pregnant so hope all goes well and rest that knee up, need you playing otherwise the refs

will have no reds to give out next season!

Thanks mate !!! Knee all done but im sure it didnt hurt this much the last time tho its a crack in joint an not usual ligaments or tears!!

Im sure the refs will be sorely missing me at start of season ;)

Have you signed with anyone yet? Pm me obv if you dont wana upset the many main men who want the signature ;) lol

Glads all well injury wise fella !!!!

Edited by bomaya
quotes

.....but you didn't !

Now Now Donkey ...Guru has spouted on enough I thought you were the sensible one!!

I am the sensible one Guru says we will walk the league and the Donkey says we will get promoted easily ! lol !

G.D. Now being the honest man you are,did one of Guernsey' GOALS NOT CROSS THE LINE?

Lets put the game into prespective. I watched via the link and in my opinion AFC went 5-2 up and took their foot of the gas. Fair play for rallying and making the scorline more les flattering. Guernsey looked very vunerable to the long ball and your centre half looked poor.

Also lets get it right you played AFC's "development squad" a team made up of first, second and third year apprentices only 3 playes, Jones, Kiernan and Turner(gk) are first team squad members.

You need to vastly improve at the back as many teams in this division will punish you with defending like that.

Lets put the game into prespective. I watched via the link and in my opinion AFC went 5-2 up and took their foot of the gas. Fair play for rallying and making the scorline more les flattering. Guernsey looked very vunerable to the long ball and your centre half looked poor.

Also lets get it right you played AFC's "development squad" a team made up of first, second and third year apprentices only 3 playes, Jones, Kiernan and Turner(gk) are first team squad members.

You need to vastly improve at the back as many teams in this division will punish you with defending like that.

The coverage didn't show our 2 early chances. Actually I thought the camera work was very poor. They zoomed in to close in my opinion.

We are not nornally that bad at the back and our keeper Chris Tardiff was at Portsmouth when they were in the premier league, so he is a good quality keeper.