Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

OK guys I have listened, waited and taken all of the comments, positve and negative (both from the looney Smudge) and now is time to stop messing around

We are coming for you, you should be scared, we bring to you unknown talent, but an awful lot of talent. I believe we are already a Ryman league side (I have been sitting back waiting and watching your comments (Sorry Guernsey Donkey for the misled negativity I am with you, I had just listened to the posters but I have been lying)

I know I will receive the 'whatever' comments again but I am telling you all that we are a couple of leagues above you. Our administration and orgainsation is miles above this league and we may be the new boys but this league will be like a national side playing in the Sunday league. You will all have a great trip to Guernsey, no matter how bad you are (I personally played at a much higher level than CCL Div 1) but you will be beaten, some horrifically, mark my words. Enjoy playing in front of big crowds, the crowd in Guernsey is miles above what you stand any chance of playing in front of at this level, but you will be made very welcome.

Let me make this clear, we are a good side and we should walk this league

Anything less this year will be deemed a failure, if there is anyone out there who still likes us, tough, we have tried to be nice to everybody and for some that hasn't been enough, bring your teams and try, we are coming to somewhere near you very soon en mass!

Firstly welcome to the CCL Guernesey FC.

Secondly Guru a few points and I quote!

" we are coming for you"... Don’t you think teams will up their games to beat you?

“We bring to you a lot of unknown talent but an awful lot of talent" ....what do you think that the clubs in this division dont have their own talent unknown to you?

“I believe we are already a Ryman side" ....Financially maybe but your playing in CCL 1.

"our administration and organisation is miles above this league" ....If it wasn’t for this league and its clubs you would not be even in the system.

" you will have a great trip to Guernsey no matter how bad you are" ...yet again putting your side up for an almighty fall.

" I personally played at much higher than the cc1 div 1" well don’t hide Guru tell us who?"

“but you will be beaten ...some horrifically" ...and that happens every week in the CCL div 1

"Let me make this clear, we are a good side and we should walk this league" ...you and the other teams in the division.

"Enjoy playing in front of big crowds, the crowd in Guernsey is miles above what you stand any chance of playing in front of at this level, but you will be made very welcome."...in my experience players raise their games in front of big crowds.How will the guernsey players feel playing in front of crowds of 5-50 on park pitches in winter!!

Not since hayes gates "rant" after they beat Knaphill at the beginning of last season have I ever read so much bollox.

Total disrespect shown here by you Guru. I wish now I was still managing this season.

I hope you will be attending the away games as I will be watching games this season.

Guernsey Guru I will say to you exactly what I said to the "Mouth" that was Hayes gate last year...It’s the winter months and the midweek games against the teams who have poor pitches will determine where you finish. Just for the record Hayes Gate folded after 1 season in this division.

You will make Guernsey FC the team everyone will want to beat...you probably have done already with your comments and believe me Guru there are teams in this division who will make it hard work for you. You have to go to some horrible away grounds and thats where it counts.

Good luck for the season.

Tucks1 I stand by my every word. We have approached this trying to do it the nice way - I want us to be the team that everyone wants to beat - its us against the world

.................us against the world ? ........mmnnnn I feel a song coming on.......LOL!!!

OK guys I have listened, waited and taken all of the comments, positve and negative (both from the looney Smudge) and now is time to stop messing around

We are coming for you, you should be scared, we bring to you unknown talent, but an awful lot of talent. I believe we are already a Ryman league side (I have been sitting back waiting and watching your comments (Sorry Guernsey Donkey for the misled negativity I am with you, I had just listened to the posters but I have been lying)

I know I will receive the 'whatever' comments again but I am telling you all that we are a couple of leagues above you. Our administration and orgainsation is miles above this league and we may be the new boys but this league will be like a national side playing in the Sunday league. You will all have a great trip to Guernsey, no matter how bad you are (I personally played at a much higher level than CCL Div 1) but you will be beaten, some horrifically, mark my words. Enjoy playing in front of big crowds, the crowd in Guernsey is miles above what you stand any chance of playing in front of at this level, but you will be made very welcome.

Let me make this clear, we are a good side and we should walk this league

Anything less this year will be deemed a failure, if there is anyone out there who still likes us, tough, we have tried to be nice to everybody and for some that hasn't been enough, bring your teams and try, we are coming to somewhere near you very soon en mass!

Firstly welcome to the CCL Guernesey FC.

Secondly Guru a few points and I quote!

" we are coming for you"... Don’t you think teams will up their games to beat you?

“We bring to you a lot of unknown talent but an awful lot of talent" ....what do you think that the clubs in this division dont have their own talent unknown to you?

“I believe we are already a Ryman side" ....Financially maybe but your playing in CCL 1.

"our administration and organisation is miles above this league" ....If it wasn’t for this league and its clubs you would not be even in the system.

" you will have a great trip to Guernsey no matter how bad you are" ...yet again putting your side up for an almighty fall.

" I personally played at much higher than the cc1 div 1" well don’t hide Guru tell us who?"

“but you will be beaten ...some horrifically" ...and that happens every week in the CCL div 1

"Let me make this clear, we are a good side and we should walk this league" ...you and the other teams in the division.

"Enjoy playing in front of big crowds, the crowd in Guernsey is miles above what you stand any chance of playing in front of at this level, but you will be made very welcome."...in my experience players raise their games in front of big crowds.How will the guernsey players feel playing in front of crowds of 5-50 on park pitches in winter!!

Not since hayes gates "rant" after they beat Knaphill at the beginning of last season have I ever read so much bollox.

Total disrespect shown here by you Guru. I wish now I was still managing this season.

I hope you will be attending the away games as I will be watching games this season.

Guernsey Guru I will say to you exactly what I said to the "Mouth" that was Hayes gate last year...It’s the winter months and the midweek games against the teams who have poor pitches will determine where you finish. Just for the record Hayes Gate folded after 1 season in this division.

You will make Guernsey FC the team everyone will want to beat...you probably have done already with your comments and believe me Guru there are teams in this division who will make it hard work for you. You have to go to some horrible away grounds and thats where it counts.

Good luck for the season.

Tucks1 I stand by my every word. We have approached this trying to do it the nice way - I want us to be the team that everyone wants to beat - its us against the world

"WE" from what I am reading GURU its seems to me you have jumped on the Guernsey bandwagon. My feelings are that Guernsey dont want to be the team every one wants to beat or they will find thenselves forking out over 100k again next season in Division 1. Your comments are totally disrepsectful on many of your recent posts Guru. Mark my words Guru this division isnt as easy as you believe. Some clubs in this division will probably accomodate you and be nicey nicey as its "Guernsey" they are the clubs who you will beat home and away, the others will make your away day a nightmare.

No getting away from the fact though Guru you talk bollox.

We will see Tucks1 my friend we will see xxx

Hi Tucks, long time no hear ! You not at 3 bridges anymore ?

In all fairness Tucks, the Guernsey crew had originally been more than polite on this forum, but what I think has happened, the recent animosity that they are reacting to is the needless negativity they have been receiving against their club, so now they feel revengeful........

When I first started posting on here in the last year or so I was pleasantly surprised by the good cameraderie (no, not the ex-Everton player) amongst posters from opposing clubs.

The entrance of Guernsey seems to have had the same impact of AFC Wimbledon's entrance into the various leagues over the last 9 years as certain forum posters have given it the William Large Testicles posts to the embarrassment of most other fans.

I am now stuck between not wanting the same scenario played out here in this normally placid forum as certain posters do their best to make themselves look like prize tits, and a bit of friction.

I suppose as long as people reign it in and it doesn't get abusive then anything goes....

FWIW Guernsey seemed to play decent football but they could come unstuck...as others have pointed out...route one caught them out...they might see a bit of that...

What I was trying to get across was that there was nothing between the teams and bar a few crucial ref/linesman decisions etc we would have won.

I hope we don't have refereeing that bad in the CCL but if we do I hope the luck 'evens itself over the season'. Which it probably will.

and if AFC had converted more of their many chances in the first half then they would have been 5 or 6-1 up at halftime.

Guernsey didn't look out of their depth but i wouldnt say they deserved to win.

WHAT ! you were watching a differnet game to me !!! what about in the first 10mins when one of our players completly missed a sitter from about 10 yards out and then their keeper produced a world class save to somehow tip over a long range rocket. Those 2 chance were before they had any so don't give me they should have been 5 or 6-1 up nonsense !

They did miss a few chances but we could have been 2-0 up after 10 mins its a different game then

Lets put the game into prespective. I watched via the link and in my opinion AFC went 5-2 up and took their foot of the gas. Fair play for rallying and making the scorline more les flattering. Guernsey looked very vunerable to the long ball and your centre half looked poor.

Also lets get it right you played AFC's "development squad" a team made up of first, second and third year apprentices only 3 playes, Jones, Kiernan and Turner(gk) are first team squad members.

You need to vastly improve at the back as many teams in this division will punish you with defending like that.

The coverage didn't show our 2 early chances. Actually I thought the camera work was very poor. They zoomed in to close in my opinion.

We are not nornally that bad at the back and our keeper Chris Tardiff was at Portsmouth when they were in the premier league, so he is a good quality keeper.

.......was with Portsmouth when they were in the Premier, (but he wasn't 1st nor 2nd choice), so he is a good quality 'keeper ! With respect, if the 'keeper was THAT good why is he with Guernsey FC ?.... he must have had a bad day at the office I believe....lol !

Tucks is geting the bug..............

Ha Ha just a tad sean. Just a tad!! Honestly I think they think this division is a walk over.

I haven't said it will be a walk over.

I am confident on a top 3 finish though. Whats wrong with getting behind your team and being confident ?

I do agree with others that our away games will be difficult, but I think we can win the vast majority at home as we will have big vocal crowds behind us and I think that some some the teams in the league will freeze playing us at home.

I think our home form will be good enough to get us a top 3 finish.

There in confidence and their is arrogance- both of which I actually like. I will say what i put in my earlier post. This division has teams that are full of players who have played in front of big crowds. In my opinion players dont freeze they raise their games in front of support whoever it is for. Can Guernsey raise their game away from home on park pitches in front of a crowd of ten...9 of which are guernsey officials!!

.................in big crowds. In my opinion, players don't freeze they raise their games....... mmnnn have to disagree with you there Tucks, some players do !

Is it still, 'give way in turn', on round-abouts ?

Ahh, similar to American stop signs then?

I can't remember whether it was Jersey or Guernsey I went to as a kid. Does one of them have no cars at all?

No - Both allow traffic.

Sark is car free, as is Herm, a beautiful little island just of St. Peter Port, Guernsey. Shell Beach - Arr ! Such sweet memories !

Is it still, 'give way in turn', on round-abouts ?

Ahh, similar to American stop signs then?

I can't remember whether it was Jersey or Guernsey I went to as a kid. Does one of them have no cars at all?

Big J R is correct Sark and Herm have no car, just quads and tractors

Edited by Trebor

Hi all,

Bit off subject but a question to all Guernsey posters on here,

Next Wednesday the 23rd when Guernsy travel to Horley for a friendly do you think a lot of your supporters will come as its a Weds eve?

As its the 1st time Guernsey will travel and play a CCL side I think there will be a lot of CCL team Supporters/Managers/players there to watch.

When I first started posting on here in the last year or so I was pleasantly surprised by the good cameraderie (no, not the ex-Everton player) amongst posters from opposing clubs.

The entrance of Guernsey seems to have had the same impact of AFC Wimbledon's entrance into the various leagues over the last 9 years as certain forum posters have given it the William Large Testicles posts to the embarrassment of most other fans.

I am now stuck between not wanting the same scenario played out here in this normally placid forum as certain posters do their best to make themselves look like prize tits, and a bit of friction.

I suppose as long as people reign it in and it doesn't get abusive then anything goes....

FWIW Guernsey seemed to play decent football but they could come unstuck...as others have pointed out...route one caught them out...they might see a bit of that...

Jertzee,there is great camaraderie on here,a forum is for discussion you would agree.2 years ago this Forum was in footballing terms in the Ryman League,it is now in the Championship,more poster hits than long established Forums.Name me a forum that has Chairman,Secretaries,Managers,Players,Referees,Supporters,T.R.S. T.V.and of course our own Charity raising FANS FOCUS X1.We now have V.P.C.T.F.C involved with updating Fixtures/stats etc.BOMAYA with his sterling work on getting all Club Websites in one place.It has become a 1 stop shop.

Hi all,

Next Wednesday the 23rd when Guernsy travel to Horley for a friendly do you think a lot of your supporters will come as its a Weds eve?

As its the 1st time Guernsey will travel and play a CCL side I think there will be a lot of CCL team Supporters/Managers/players there to watch.

I think managers in CCL 1 would be crazy not to go a check them out, there won't be many opportunitys to go watch, I would assume knaphill and Hartley will be there as they are their first two games!!!

Hi all,

Next Wednesday will be the 27th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice Guy we will have to agree to disagree over the crowd and players freezing. Also i was at warlingham and not 3 bridges. Jertzee for once I will have agree with smudge about this forum. The camaraderie on this forum is top drawer. Guru giving it big bollox i believe is not the feelings of most of the guernsey posters. Newby well said!

mate believe me you are taking it all a bit to seriously you need to lighten up a bit,so what if people want to make themselves look

like tits its all good for the old entertainment value without it we would just be a run of the mill boring forum like some of the other ones......you kent.

mate believe me you are taking it all a bit to seriously you need to lighten up a bit,so what if people want to make themselves look

like tits its all good for the old entertainment value without it we would just be a run of the mill boring forum like some of the other ones......you kent.

ha ha well said duncs

It's Weds 27th which is annoying as I might have other plans that night.

Sorry Bomaya,

Yes 27th. It come round so quick...

There were Guernsey people posting all last night, now none of them are about.

Nice Guy we will have to agree to disagree over the crowd and players freezing. Also i was at warlingham and not 3 bridges. Jertzee for once I will have agree with smudge about this forum. The camaraderie on this forum is top drawer. Guru giving it big bollox i believe is not the feelings of most of the guernsey posters. Newby well said!

Oops so you was, sorry Tucks got you mixed up with Padlock who I belive is at 3 Bridges !