Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

When I first started posting on here in the last year or so I was pleasantly surprised by the good cameraderie (no, not the ex-Everton player) amongst posters from opposing clubs.

The entrance of Guernsey seems to have had the same impact of AFC Wimbledon's entrance into the various leagues over the last 9 years as certain forum posters have given it the William Large Testicles posts to the embarrassment of most other fans.

I am now stuck between not wanting the same scenario played out here in this normally placid forum as certain posters do their best to make themselves look like prize tits, and a bit of friction.

I suppose as long as people reign it in and it doesn't get abusive then anything goes....

FWIW Guernsey seemed to play decent football but they could come unstuck...as others have pointed out...route one caught them out...they might see a bit of that...

mate believe me you are taking it all a bit to seriously you need to lighten up a bit,so what if people want to make themselves look

like tits its all good for the old entertainment value without it we would just be a run of the mill boring forum like some of the other ones......you kent.

Its your turn Jertzee now to be bombarded.................ENJOY !

When I first started posting on here in the last year or so I was pleasantly surprised by the good cameraderie (no, not the ex-Everton player) amongst posters from opposing clubs.

The entrance of Guernsey seems to have had the same impact of AFC Wimbledon's entrance into the various leagues over the last 9 years as certain forum posters have given it the William Large Testicles posts to the embarrassment of most other fans.

I am now stuck between not wanting the same scenario played out here in this normally placid forum as certain posters do their best to make themselves look like prize tits, and a bit of friction.

I suppose as long as people reign it in and it doesn't get abusive then anything goes....

FWIW Guernsey seemed to play decent football but they could come unstuck...as others have pointed out...route one caught them out...they might see a bit of that...

mate believe me you are taking it all a bit to seriously you need to lighten up a bit,so what if people want to make themselves look

like tits its all good for the old entertainment value without it we would just be a run of the mill boring forum like some of the other ones......you kent.

got a job yet knob head ?

Hi all,

Bit off subject but a question to all Guernsey posters on here,

Next Wednesday the 23rd when Guernsy travel to Horley for a friendly do you think a lot of your supporters will come as its a Weds eve?

As its the 1st time Guernsey will travel and play a CCL side I think there will be a lot of CCL team Supporters/Managers/players there to watch.

I don't think many will turn up for an away friendly. I hope I'm wrong.

Donkey are you a supporter or actually involed with guernsey sorry if ive missed this!??

I was born in Guernsey and I support Guernsey and I'm a season ticket holder

I thought the Guernsey badge as my avatar, the supports Guernsey FC under the supports section and my posting about Guernsey was a give away ! lol !

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

I was talking to Jertzee actually......

Oh ''Foul Mouth'' has woken up, Bommie told you off did he.......ha ha !

Not looking for a job, but I've heard that there's a 'Dogsbody' job going a Cove, but got refused for being too intelligent so they have decided to keep to the one they've got for now.............lol !!!

BTW who's the assistant manager at Cove now ?

Edited by NICE GUY

Next Wednesday the 23rd when Guernsy travel to Horley for a friendly do you think a lot of your supporters will come as its a Weds eve?

It's Weds 27th which is annoying as I might have other plans that night.

Sorry Bomaya,

Yes 27th. It come round so quick...

There were Guernsey people posting all last night, now none of them are about.

Today is Monday, we have jobs you know!!

To answer your question i doubt many (if any) will travel to Horley for a friendly midweek.

It's Weds 27th which is annoying as I might have other plans that night.

Sorry Bomaya,

Yes 27th. It come round so quick...

There were Guernsey people posting all last night, now none of them are about.

Today is Monday, we have jobs you know!!

To answer your question i doubt many (if any) will travel to Horley for a friendly midweek.

Sorry I asked.

Terry Brown on the Wimbledon OS:

"I spoke to Marcus today and he was delighted not only to win in Guernsey but also with the very generous hospitality, which was first class. The whole weekend was a great experience for the team, not least playing in front of a good crowd of over 1,000 on what was, according to Marcus, an exhilarating game on a perfect pitch. By all accounts Guernsey will do very well in the Combined Counties League this season."

I was talking to Jertzee actually......

Oh ''Foul Mouth'' has woken up, Bommie told you off did he.......ha ha !

Not looking for a job, but I've heard that there's a 'Dogsbody' job going a Cove, but got refused for being too intelligent so they have decided to keep to the one they've got for now.............lol !!!

BTW who's the assistant manager at Cove now ?

I thought you knew everything,its Glenn Hoddle

Terry Brown on the Wimbledon OS:

"I spoke to Marcus today and he was delighted not only to win in Guernsey but also with the very generous hospitality, which was first class. The whole weekend was a great experience for the team, not least playing in front of a good crowd of over 1,000 on what was, according to Marcus, an exhilarating game on a perfect pitch. By all accounts Guernsey will do very well in the Combined Counties League this season."

I've said all along we are nice people. Every team coming over here will be treated very well and so they should.

Alledged the Officials took a load of abuse from the Guernsey Supporters,was that you on your own. Source:- Guernsey Press-robbo.

The officials did get an ear bashing yes ! but only because they were so bad !

I don't think we were out of line.

What you will see when you come over is a loud passionate home crowd.

Alledged the Officials took a load of abuse from the Guernsey Supporters,was that Guru on his own. Source:- Guernsey Press-robbo.

i wouldn't say it was abuse as such. merely the crowd voicing their discontent with the decisions. possibly some actual abusive language by the kids behind the goal but nothing more than that. odd choice of officials anyway as they could have chosen a number of better refs for the game.