Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

it was Guernsey officials (or at least the 2 i noticed were from guernsey). with it only being a friendly it made no sense to get mainland officials in i suppose.

it will be interesting to see what the different in standard of refereeing is. I don't think any of ours are at a high enough level to ref at this level we are going into so you won't have to worry about getting any of ours for any games. although this may change from what i've heard with some new idea to get them qualified at a higher level.

Alledged the Officials took a load of abuse from the Guernsey Supporters,was that Guru on his own. Source:- Guernsey Press-robbo.

Did you say ''Alledged'' Smudgeyboy .....................didn't you at one time have a dig at me about saying that word.......what goes round...........''ha ha !!!

This is where you are hanging out these days Trebor????:swingingchair:thumbup%20%282%29.gif

I thought Jersey TV did a lousy job with the highlights, too much close up and missing the bigger picture

Edited by maisiecat

Great coverage.2 goals,1 for each side were not goals.Marcus's comments were a boost for the C.C.L.sides .Maisie were you there,I spotted a good looker behind the goal,was that you.

Edited by Smudge

I have not visited this site for some time but amazed at the negative attitude from smudge! Have you ever researched your family tree? Your dislike of guernsey can only mean you are a jerseyman!Talk from one guernsey poster saying GFC will walk the league is totally disrespectful of other teams and said before a ball is kicked.... Not a bright move.

One thing we have in common with England is that at times our referees are as useless as yours!

Don't want to rain on anyones parade but that is Wimbledons reserves... and as we played them 4 times last year that is the squad we faced ...All bar Jack Turner who only played in 2 of them.....

Don't want to rain on anyones parade but that is Wimbledons reserves... and as we played them 4 times last year that is the squad we faced ...All bar Jack Turner who only played in 2 of them.....

Maybe it was Wimbledons reserves and we will play Bristol City's kids/reserves this Saturday but this is a different level for us. When will you all understand that all of this is a new level to us. I don't hear about any other CCL Div 1 clubs playing friendlies against anyone of this standard so why keep putting us down??

Ha ha Guru i dont think anyone is putting you down more like making you wake up and see sence. You actually piped on about it being wimbledons reserves myself and several others are just making you aware that teams in this division are more than capable of holding their own against teams who play in the suburban league as most teams in this division would have played them in county cup matches. This is a new level to you yes but im sure you said in one of your posts that you are a ryman outfit? Maybe guru you have woken up and realised that the bollox you spouted previously about div 1 clubs may come back to haunt you.

Maybe it was Wimbledons reserves and we will play Bristol City's kids/reserves this Saturday but this is a different level for us. When will you all understand that all of this is a new level to us. I don't hear about any other CCL Div 1 clubs playing friendlies against anyone of this standard so why keep putting us down??

I don't think anyones putting down Guru, I thinks its the “ were gonna come into this league and smash it” or top 3 finish easy. You haven't even seen any of us teams yet and believe me there are better teams in this league who are better than wimbledon ressies who you will have to beat to win this league! Good luck to ya but believe me if your gonna win it, your guna earn it!!

I don't think anyones putting down Guru, I thinks its the “ were gonna come into this league and smash it” or top 3 finish easy. You haven't even seen any of us teams yet and believe me there are better teams in this league who are better than wimbledon ressies who you will have to beat to win this league! Good luck to ya but believe me if your gonna win it, your guna earn it!!

Listen guys since joining this site on 15 April I have heard so much cr*p that I thought it best to join them if you cant beat them. If you remember I tried the nice way, I made it clear that Guernsey would welcome you and that we would provide you with something no other club could. We are even paying for it. But after so much negativity I have just turned into one of you. I made a comment a few days ago stating that we would be delighted to finish mid table (my honest opinion) but even that got slated. So now I dont care I have joined the band wagon and as several posters have said will continue to spout bollox the same as everyone else