Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

OK guys I have listened, waited and taken all of the comments, positve and negative (both from the looney Smudge) and now is time to stop messing around

We are coming for you, you should be scared, we bring to you unknown talent, but an awful lot of talent. I believe we are already a Ryman league side (I have been sitting back waiting and watching your comments (Sorry Guernsey Donkey for the misled negativity I am with you, I had just listened to the posters but I have been lying)

I know I will receive the 'whatever' comments again but I am telling you all that we are a couple of leagues above you. Our administration and orgainsation is miles above this league and we may be the new boys but this league will be like a national side playing in the Sunday league. You will all have a great trip to Guernsey, no matter how bad you are (I personally played at a much higher level than CCL Div 1) but you will be beaten, some horrifically, mark my words. Enjoy playing in front of big crowds, the crowd in Guernsey is miles above what you stand any chance of playing in front of at this level, but you will be made very welcome.

Let me make this clear, we are a good side and we should walk this league

Anything less this year will be deemed a failure, if there is anyone out there who still likes us, tough, we have tried to be nice to everybody and for some that hasn't been enough, bring your teams and try, we are coming to somewhere near you very soon en mass!

MISTAKE

No you are the MISTAKE - we will continue this in April 2012 when you have nowhere to hide

HIDE YOU FACELESS INDIVIDUAL,NOT IN SMUDGEY'S DICTIONARY.YOU REALLY HAVE REACHED NEW DEPTHS.BEST YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED.OR MAYBE IT WILL BE A BLUR IN THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY.

I thought you had morphed into Nice Guy when I saw the caps lock on!!!!!!!

Look if anyone SERIOUSLY thought Guernsey et al are going to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on this venture just to piss ball about mid table in the CCL div ONE they are seriously deluded. They have been very generous in their offer of financial support for travelling teams, because they needed to get into this league.Once they are in the Ryman league, I fancy free trips to the Island will be but a distant memory. We in the CCL are but a stepping stone on the their path to...well to whatever level their money will take them. I say money rather than talent, because once a club is at certain level,money rules. We should embrace them for making the league a bit more interesting, more competative and hopefully bringing some much needed funds to clubs ,although I think that the travelling figures might not be as high as predicted. Personally, I prefer to welcome Guernsey in than Windsor.

Good points Charlie. But would the Ryman League (or the Southern League for that matter)accept them without GFC agreeing funding in part for away teams travel? Also, if the whole project is about giving opportunities for Guernsey based "elite" players, would they seriously risk that project goal by "buying-in" better non-island based players as they move up the ladder? I see them finding their level - be it step 5 or Step 4 then remaining at that level so as to continue provide opportunities for their own youngsters. Agree with you though that it is an interesting project and I wish them luck with it.

My thinking was that once established in the national pyramid system, a club gaining promotion, in this case Guernsey,Will be put in whatever league the FA decide. As we know the league have to accept that team. If the league are duty bound to accept them, why should they offer free or assisted passage to the Island.

OK guys I have listened, waited and taken all of the comments, positve and negative (both from the looney Smudge) and now is time to stop messing around

We are coming for you, you should be scared, we bring to you unknown talent, but an awful lot of talent. I believe we are already a Ryman league side (I have been sitting back waiting and watching your comments (Sorry Guernsey Donkey for the misled negativity I am with you, I had just listened to the posters but I have been lying)

I know I will receive the 'whatever' comments again but I am telling you all that we are a couple of leagues above you. Our administration and orgainsation is miles above this league and we may be the new boys but this league will be like a national side playing in the Sunday league. You will all have a great trip to Guernsey, no matter how bad you are (I personally played at a much higher level than CCL Div 1) but you will be beaten, some horrifically, mark my words. Enjoy playing in front of big crowds, the crowd in Guernsey is miles above what you stand any chance of playing in front of at this level, but you will be made very welcome.

Anything less this year will be deemed a failure, if there is anyone out there who still likes us, tough, we have tried to be nice to everybody and for some that hasn't been enough, bring your teams and try, we are coming to somewhere near you very soon en mass!

MISTAKE

No you are the MISTAKE - we will continue this in April 2012 when you have nowhere to hide

HIDE YOU FACELESS INDIVIDUAL,NOT IN SMUDGEY'S DICTIONARY.YOU REALLY HAVE REACHED NEW DEPTHS.BEST YOU THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE POSTED.OR MAYBE IT WILL BE A BLUR IN THE COLD LIGHT OF DAY.

I thought you had morphed into Nice Guy when I saw the caps lock on!!!!!!!

Look if anyone SERIOUSLY thought Guernsey et al are going to spend hundreds of thousands of pounds on this venture just to piss ball about mid table in the CCL div ONE they are seriously deluded. They have been very generous in their offer of financial support for travelling teams, because they needed to get into this league.Once they are in the Ryman league, I fancy free trips to the Island will be but a distant memory. We in the CCL are but a stepping stone on the their path to...well to whatever level their money will take them. I say money rather than talent, because once a club is at certain level,money rules. We should embrace them for making the league a bit more interesting, more competative and hopefully bringing some much needed funds to clubs ,although I think that the travelling figures might not be as high as predicted. Personally, I prefer to welcome Guernsey in than Windsor.

Good points Charlie. But would the Ryman League (or the Southern League for that matter)accept them without GFC agreeing funding in part for away teams travel? Also, if the whole project is about giving opportunities for Guernsey based "elite" players, would they seriously risk that project goal by "buying-in" better non-island based players as they move up the ladder? I see them finding their level - be it step 5 or Step 4 then remaining at that level so as to continue provide opportunities for their own youngsters. Agree with you though that it is an interesting project and I wish them luck with it.

My thinking was that once established in the national pyramid system, a club gaining promotion, in this case Guernsey,Will be put in whatever league the FA decide. As we know the league have to accept that team. If the league are duty bound to accept them, why should they offer free or assisted passage to the Island.

I too think it is a great project and I'm commenting on what everyone on hear from guernsey has stated as to what they have said they want to achieve in their first season, but now GG has claimed they're gonna walk it. Doesn't add up but then it is his opinion and he has seen them and we have not. Either way it's gonna be fun, apart from going over there for a hiding ;)

The hardest part for them was to get into the League System,which the C.C.L. Clubs kindly enabled.Most players were of the opinion that this would be a great weekend away,it may still be.But I am of the opinion now,that all C.C.L. Clubs should opt for a 6pm K.O. when visiting Guernsey,to maximise their chances of competing with them.This would take away the need for early morning starts to get there,thus leaving enough preparation time beforehand.Whilst enabling the Clubs to also enjoy Guernsey's Hospitality in the Evening.

MISTAKE

New rivalry !....forget me and Duncs (who seems to have gone to sleep and not woke up), the new duel is Smudgeyboy and G.Guru.....watch this space !.... and the winner is..............lol !!!

still dont understand why you spend your time around these kind of websites with no allegiance, maybe you should find a boy/girlfriend

Guru, whilst I admire your passion and you've re-enlivened the debate (not that it really needed it!) but let's try and keep such personal insults out of it please.

B.J.R.,No alcohol for me,had spent the previous 5 hrs down A & E with my Wife,then get in to find Guernsey Guru's spout.

Hope everything is ok Smudge, take care mate

Same from me, Smudge !

Wow ! this thread is big ! I haven't read all of it.

But all I will say is anything less than promotion would be a disaster and a huge dissapointment. I don't care about winning the league as long as we go up. I won't be as bullish as Guernsey Guru lol, but I am confident we can finish top 3 as we are a very good side to be competing at this level.

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

I'm in the same camp as Guernsey Donkey - confident but not to such an extent as Guernsey Guru (who could only really be one of a handful of people over here going by what he says).

The GFC website is up and running now for those who want to take a look - www.guernseyfc.com

Now there's a better approach. Most clubs will be confident in there team to be top 3 or even 5 otherwise they wouldn't be doing it. We will soon see as the first few weeks pan out.

I'm in the same camp as Guernsey Donkey - confident but not to such an extent as Guernsey Guru (who could only really be one of a handful of people over here going by what he says).

The GFC website is up and running now for those who want to take a look - www.guernseyfc.com

Thanks for that Local, was wondering when it would be up.

For some reason my thread on this match was deleted ( probably by a Guernsey basher, please don't judge us until you have met us. We are nice people !, we even applauded the AFC Wimbledon goals ! )

Here goes again -

Tonights Result Guernsey 5 AFC Wimbledon 6 !!!

Attendance - 1,060

A great entertaining match that no one deserved to lose. Our boys did us proud against a team many leagues above us.

Bring on Bristol City next week !

For some reason my thread on this match was deleted ( probably by a Guernsey basher, please don't judge us until you have met us. We are nice people !, we even applauded the AFC Wimbledon goals ! )

Wasn't deleted, was merged. Stop seeing enemies where there are none.

Edited by bomaya

It's not been deleted, it was added to the Sat 16th July thread.

Have to take issue with the 'team many Leagues above us' comment, as it was the reserves who are probably CCL level in all honesty.

I detect with your comments that you thought AFC would roll us over easy. Well we could have been 2-0 up as we missed 2 chances easy on. So we should have really won the game.

Wasn't deleted, was merged. Stop seeing enemies where there are none.

There has been lots of Guernsey bashing on this site !!!!. Stop burying your head in the sand.

It's not been deleted, it was added to the Sat 16th July thread.

Have to take issue with the 'team many Leagues above us' comment, as it was the reserves who are probably CCL level in all honesty.

I detect with your comments that you thought AFC would roll us over easy. Well we could have been 2-0 up as we missed 2 chances easy on. So we should have really won the game.

I had no idea how the game would go. Just making the point that I watched the first team squad play at Sutton United this afternoon. Difficult to know what you can read into a game against a Suburban League side.

Smudge aside, can't say i've seen any Guernsey bashing on here to be honest.

South Park beat AFC Wimbledon Reserves in the Surrey Premier Cup final last season. I'm sure Don's ressies could more than hold their own in the CCL Premier but they are beatable by CCL1 sides.

Edited by VPCTFC

It is now just after midnight on Saturday, again I have not been drinking because I dont drink, I just work very late hours. I just want to ensure that everyone knows that my comments were not a rant, they were my honest thoughts/opinions. Now who has no belief Guernsey Donkey?? We only just lost to Wimbledon tonight, great game but one hell of a start for GFC, how would you lot of got on against the same side that beat Fulham last week - I just cant wait for Knaphill?????