Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

The Guernsey Thread

Donkey your not a copper are ya ......an i was just warming to ya lol

No i'm not a copper lol ! why did you think that ?

I work in community services, taking old people shopping, helping people with disabilties get around etc

Commendable G.D.,us Old Folk need all the help we can get.

Guru and Donkey.....

Maybe you should start educating some on here of the perils of not taking their cars to the Island, and then wishing to use one of your 'Horror' cars.

Oh yes, and while you're at it, explain the serious lack of traffic-lights and the completely different sysytem you use on your round-abouts, (of which there are plenty), which is completely alien to mainland drivers.

Is that fantastic Indian restarant still out on the North West tip ? About half a mile north of La Saline where I spent a very relaxing month a few years ago.

Edited by Big J R

Guru and Donkey.....

Maybe you should start educating some on here of the perils of not taking their cars to the Island, and then wishing to use one of your 'Horror' cars.

Oh yes, and while you're at it, explain the serious lack of traffic-lights and the completely different sysytem you use on your round-abouts, (of which there are plenty), which is completely alien to mainland drivers.

Is that fantastic Indian restarant still out on the North West tip ? About half a mile north of La Saline where I spent a very relaxing month a few years ago.

Yes the hire cars or Horror cars have a big H on them to warn the locals that they are being driven by visitors. The funniest thing is driving behind a Horror car and seeing the brakes being slammed on every time a car coming the other way approaches ! ( our roads are very narrow and even though our speed limit is 35mph it seems alot faster when 2 cars can barely pass ) lol

I wouldn't say we lack traffic lights but in place of them in certain areas we have a filter in turn system.

The best indian in the north of the island and one I go to a lot is The Indian Cottage. The food there is amazing !

Guru and Donkey.....

filters are clearly the way forward!

no idea about the indian though. there is no north west tip to guernsey.... south west has a fairly decent one though.

Guru and Donkey.....

Yes the hire cars or Horror cars have a big H on them to warn the locals that they are being driven by visitors. The funniest thing is driving behind a Horror car and seeing the brakes being slammed on every time a car coming the other way approaches ! ( our roads are very narrow and even though our speed limit is 35mph it seems alot faster when 2 cars can barely pass ) lol

I wouldn't say we lack traffic lights but in place of them in certain areas we have a filter in turn system.

The best indian in the north of the island and one I go to a lot is The Indian Cottage. The food there is amazing !

I'm sure that the restaurant ! Absolutely amazing food.

Is it still, 'give way in turn', on round-abouts ?

Guru and Donkey.....

B.J.R Will my freedom pass be valid out there.Was that before or after you had eaten your meal.

That's a question for the Guernsey lads, smudger.

Don't forget they do NOT belong to the E.U., so the 200 ciggies on return to blighty still apply.

Oh, you can use English money out there, but Guernsey currency is NOT acceptable back in England !

Edited by Big J R

Guru and Donkey.....

filters are clearly the way forward!

no idea about the indian though. there is no north west tip to guernsey.... south west has a fairly decent one though.

I think he means The Indian Cottage in St Sampsons which is in the north of the island.

Your comment of there being no North West to Guernsey reminds me of the Father Ted episode where Ted says theres no West side to Craggy Island as it drifted away in a storm ( or something like that ) ! lol !

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

Oh, you can use English money out there, but Guernsey currency is NOT acceptable back in England !

That depends on who you're paying. The company I work for, which is a very large national corporation, accepts Guernsey currency and the coins work in our food and drink machines.

The term 'legal tender' is misunderstood by most people. It's basically just a way of clearing debts within the law. You can't use 1p or 2p pieces to pay a debt of more than 20p for example as they're not legal tender above that.

When it comes to accepting notes or coins of other currencies it's up to the person being paid whether they accept them or not. Mind you, some people are funny with Scottish notes for some reason. Trying to pay someone down here with one of them makes you feel like a criminal. I remember the bloke on the gate at Sandhurst last season was glad when I handed him a £20 as it meant he could get rid of the scottish tenner he'd just been given by a groundhopper.

Edited by VPCTFC

Having gone Chelmsford City in the FA Cup last year and witness these stands I can confirm that there is absolutely no atmosphere at all, just a Shame as there was over 500 people there.

IMHO any athletic grounds have a poor atmosphere

When AFC Wimbledon played Chelmsford in some pretty top of the table fiery matches not only was the atmosphere still poor but the view was terribel without the steeped banking of a ground like Newport County