Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Warlingham v Guernsey FC

Come join the lammas johnno and you brunty can run wild!!!

cant have two worldy kings in one team give the rest a chance lol

You can Newbs when one is a consistant Worldy !!!

Your right NG 9 worldys in the last year to Jonnos 0

Might squeeze in a Sunday match this week and play in the Aldershot Div 6 league. Reckon I could get that score line back to about 9-5

better still, I might come play with you mate!! :futbolbud2:

As far as I know there is nothing in the Laws of the Game covering this. As long as its the same for both sides then there is nothing wrong. At Stoke City for example they have been told that as long as they offer a towel for drying the ball to BOTH teams then that is fair.

Why is this a problem? Surely getting the game going again is best for everyone, especially the ones paying to watch?

The standard FA rules changed for this season. Last year it was 3 matchballs which needed Referees pre-match approval. This year Home Teams have to provide at least 2 balls fit for play (see page 510 attached). So no problem there.

http://www.thefa.com...update-1011.pdf

The rule also now includes the need for goal nets - not a requirement previously as VP often pointed out :rolleyes:

Ha! Good spot GF. I didn't know goal nets were now compulsory in league games. Glad to see the FA are taking notice.

I see the rules on the official CCL website haven't been changed yet though....

Edited by VPCTFC

Might squeeze in a Sunday match this week and play in the Aldershot Div 6 league. Reckon I could get that score line back to about 9-5

Please you 2 keep your personal activities to yourself, everyone knows your lovers..............!!!

BTK!!!

Warlingham started the brighter but didn't create any chances of note. As soon as we scored we took full control of the game and kept the ball very well. I couldn't fault any one of our players. It was great to see Matt Warren back from injury at the end of the game.

The player who came in because of injuries and unavailability played exceptionally well. Its getting harder and harder now for Tony Vance to pick our best 11 as our fringe players are stepping up their game.

I would have said we were 6 of our best players before the game kicked off but if those who came in can keep improving we will have a core of 17 to 18 Quality players.

It was a great day for Guernsey FC and our away fans.

Thanks to the fans of Whyteleafe and Warlingham I spoke to for the warm welcome. I had a good chat with Robert before the game.

The game was played in good spirit and I wish Warlingham the best for the rest of the season.

EDIT - I forgot to say the Ref was the best I have seen all season, someone told me he was only 19 !, he got everything right, the linos were top notch as well.

Edited by Guernsey Donkey

Have to agree GD, nice to have a brief chat with you in the bar, Wars huffed and puffed but on the day didn't show enough quality in the important areas. I am very scathing on officials at all levels of football and IMHO I believe the standard in general is the worst it's ever been, but spot on with your assesment of the young referee, I believe is just 19, his name is Ryan O'Sullivan and I agree he did an excellent job, I am a perfectionist though and if I were marking him as a manager i would have marked him about 85/100 for that performance. and equally the two lino's (sorry don't use assistant because a lot of refs don't want their assistance giving instructions which more or less relegate them to no more than club linesman !!!) Keiron Horn and Stephen Beckett were superb as well. And what about that announcer ............................?? :rolleyes: lol

Unbelievable !!! After just posting about a fine young referee who could very well progress a long way I have just learnt that Ryan was assaulted today whilst refereeing a sunday league game, lets hope that this experience does not put him off and that he carries on refereeing

Im sorry to say but i have to disagree the ref was a total idiot! He was being assessed and total lost it. The pressure got to him at times and i can remember him being linesman against us in a previous match and he was rude in response to me asking him something, GD and Spy you might not of seen it but he actually pushed Tony Manning (wars right-back) and the assessor saw and was not impressed. The ref has got a big attitude problem against the younger players, when hes young himself.

Well done to Guernsey and good luck next season in the Prem.

Ross Allen should not be in this league! Pure class

Edited by Neavsey11

Unbelievable !!! After just posting about a fine young referee who could very well progress a long way I have just learnt that Ryan was assaulted today whilst refereeing a sunday league game, lets hope that this experience does not put him off and that he carries on refereeing

Oh dear thats a shame. Lets hope he carries on refereeing to a high standard