Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

RACISM

Ace1

In light of the developments over the last 48 hours involving FIFA, does anyone within the CCL believe we have a problem with Racism in our league? Have you encountered racist abuse or comments whilst playing?

Personnally I have not and have not been involved in any game that has had any form of racism reported.

How bad is the problem?

I am sad to report that I have heard a couple of isolated incidents of the odd comment. Last one, all four of us turned round in the direction of the person and told hom to give his views to himself. Unfortunately we were not able to work out exactly who said the comment so were unable to report the offensive indivudual.

I am sad to report that I have heard a couple of isolated incidents of the odd comment. Last one, all four of us turned round in the direction of the person and told hom to give his views to himself. Unfortunately we were not able to work out exactly who said the comment so were unable to report the offensive indivudual.

im presume this was in guernsey?

One of the advantages of the CCL is the ability to pick out anyone who shouts abuse due to the lack of general surrounding noise (unless it's at Bedfont when a 747 ocomes into land).

However, although totally unacceptable to say anything racist I find it unbelievable that people think it's alright to call someone a c**t but not a black c**t. NEITHER are acceptable but it goes unnoticed, even by some refs.

One of the advantages of the CCL is the ability to pick out anyone who shouts abuse due to the lack of general surrounding noise (unless it's at Bedfont when a 747 ocomes into land).

However, although totally unacceptable to say anything racist I find it unbelievable that people think it's alright to call someone a c**t but not a black c**t. NEITHER are acceptable but it goes unnoticed, even by some refs.

or white c@@t either

or white c@@t either

.... but being called a white c@@t is that being radist as well .........think carefully ???

or white c@@t either

.... but being called a white c@@t is that being radist as well .........think carefully ???

to me its the same i work in a predominantly black work place an it happens trust me

im presume this was in guernsey?

Sadly yes.

do you not have blacks in guernsey?? ill be surprised if there are no pakistani's , indian's or polish as there every where at the minute

We do have people from other ethinc backgounds, but there are very few. Sadly like FIFA we have a few dinasours, hopefuly they will soon be extinct too!

or white c@@t either

to me its the same i work in a predominantly black work place an it happens trust me

.....but is anything ever done about it ? ...... To me, in all honestly its one way traffic, very rarely will you see or hear of a white person/player claim for a racist attack against a black person..........why ?

I remember many years ago when playing being called a white honky.....racist remark ?

Edited by NICE GUY

I was giving a half time team talk a couple of seasons ago and said we must pick up the coloured centre half at set plays, A player said we are not coloured we're black, I stood corrected.

I have to say I can't keep up with the changes... one day it is "coloured" the next it's "black" etc .

Can someone send out a memo the next time the PC brigade all it something else...

I have heard some appaling generalisations over the years made by managers and fans about black players. They are all lazy, they all just play for money etc etc.They were seemingly decent people until they opened their mouths and said these things.

I've heard of many other far worse incidents at this level but never actually witnessed them myself.

I was giving a half time team talk a couple of seasons ago and said we must pick up the coloured centre half at set plays, A player said we are not coloured we're black, I stood corrected.

not so long ago i corrected someone saying coloured my reply was " what the rainbow looking fella..........hes black mate" the fella was a little lost for words

or white c@@t either

.....but is anything ever done about it ? ...... To me, in all honestly its one way traffic, very rarely will you see or hear of a white person/player claim for a racist attack against a black person..........why ?

I remember many years ago when playing being called a white honky.....racist remark ?

i have been called this also an yes was a rascist remark!! sadly it is all one way traffic i mean when you play a mixed ethnic team its usually the whites that are the worst ive played games where there are 7 blacks in the team an 4 whites an they are far more of a pain in the [****!!****] than the black fellas if that makes sense,

or white c@@t either

Probably a true remark if you were Honking your horn round Soho Nice Guy.