Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Farnham tonight?????

Windsor Darts

Not the best performance tonight but you cant win them all! Had loads of the ball but didnt create enough tonight! Dare i say another game spoilt by a poor referee!! Cracking goal from O'Toole though! Not the easiest pitch to play on either but we need to get used to playing on these type of pitches!!

Fagan was impressive, Jake not quite his best (fitness the main issue I suppose) but still a class act and when he's back to full fitness watch out CCL I reckon! Let's hope he sticks around long enough to make a real impact.

The pitch was dreadful in that the ball bobbled constantly and made it very very difficult to play "our" football. Worse than my son plays on at Dedworth Rec.

His handling was fine but Jeez, Banfry's clearances were extremely poor tonight. Scotty and Jim were apoplectic at one point when he shanked it straight up in the air!

As you say, the game was somewhat spoilt by an over fussy ref. When the assessor is present you can virtually guarantee it's going to be one of those games.

Oh well, I guess we could see that as 2 points dropped in the early stages of a battle for the Championship but Farnham looked a tough nut to crack at the back so onward to Saturday when hopefully the pitch will allow a bit more flair on the ball.

Not too disappointed with the result as I'm sure other sides will also struggle at Farnham.

Difficult to be too critical of any players as the pitch was so uneven it was impossible for either side to string a couple of passes together, I'd go as far as to say even Barcelona would struggle to look good on that pitch. Not sure if they've had some work done on it recently and it hasn't bedded in yet but from a elevated position you could see the undulations. The pitch looked like a giant McCoy’s crisp with grass on it!

It was a shame about the pitch as I really liked the ground. It had a unique feel about it. It's not often nowadays you find a ground smack bang in the town centre.

Superb strike from O'Toole for the goal. Their keeper seemed stunned he had been beaten from such a distance but there was nothing he could do about it.

Great to have Fagan back. He was a class above at step4 and should be amazing at this level.

Only slight criticism from the game is our over reliant use of the long throw. Every time we tried the same tactic i.e. throw it long to Fagan and look for the flick on. It didn't take long for Farnham to cotton on to this and stick men in front and behind Fagan making it almost impossible for him to win the ball. It would be nice if we mixed it up a bit.

Only slight criticism from the game is our over reliant use of the long throw. Every time we tried the same tactic i.e. throw it long to Fagan and look for the flick on. It didn't take long for Farnham to cotton on to this and stick men in front and behind Fagan making it almost impossible for him to win the ball. It would be nice if we mixed it up a bit.

Trouble is you take a short throw on a dodgy pitch and you need 2 touches to get it under control - advantage lost !

What I do find strange with the long throw [and free kicks and corners] is that there's never anyone waiting past the back post for the 'one that gets away' ie flicked on or just touched.