Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

management

You seem to be the only one who cares tho NG, just wondering why it matters so much to you?

'Cos I'm interested ! Forum, debate, I doubt I'm the only one Tommo if everyone was being honest. I just find it difficult to understand where the money goes 'cos I think the players and management do get paid from the £4000 + taken on a match day when sponsors pay for travel and accomodation. .

I'm not doubting your interest NG, and I agree with you that lots of people are probably interested, I just don't understand why clubs are expected to explain finances and behind doors administration.

They don't Tommo that is their prerogative....... but like others who just won't admit they have a ''healthy'' budget, one dosen't have to give amounts. It does my head in when clubs make out that they have little to nothing budget when its known otherwise......why not just be up front, if they have a good budget good luck to them !

That is a fair point NG. I don't see why having money at a club is a bad thing, it's not against club or FA rules? All the way through the football pyramid clubs have more money than others. I would see disagreements on clubs having money or not is purely down to keeping everyone happy. Where as, clubs can't admit to having money, if not all the players are paid etc?

griffiths played against us sat probably greens best player wasted at this level hmm i cant imagine him being a top player in prem. cornell did not play and wasnt there an simmonds uptop i thought was very poor .

we at bedfont do not pay players

Generally the reason clubs don’t like making their budgets know, is twofold, if a teams on a decent budget, as an opposition you could use this to motivate your players. Also teams with decent budgets should be expected to win the league, and when they don’t, which has happened on numerous occasions, people rightly so, asks questions about the whole running of that club i.e. Club owner, Chairman, Manager etc.

You seem to be the only one who cares tho NG, just wondering why it matters so much to you?

'Cos I'm interested ! Forum, debate, I doubt I'm the only one Tommo if everyone was being honest. I just find it difficult to understand where the money goes 'cos I think the players and management do get paid from the £4000 + taken on a match day when sponsors pay for travel and accomodation. .

Quote of the Century:_'if everyone was being HONEST' from the Great Nice Guy.

Generally the reason clubs don’t like making their budgets know, is twofold, if a teams on a decent budget, as an opposition you could use this to motivate your players. Also teams with decent budgets should be expected to win the league, and when they don’t, which has happened on numerous occasions, people rightly so, asks questions about the whole running of that club i.e. Club owner, Chairman, Manager etc.

How you may ask can NICE GUY possibly know the Budget at Windsor.Now not ever being interviewed for a Managers job myself,I do not really know what goes on at Interviews.Maybe NICE GUY was interviewed and at the Interview, asked I presume what Budget was available for him to work his miracles with.or he was told what Money was available.NICE GUY THE NET IS CLOSING IN ON YOU!!!!!!!!

How you may ask can NICE GUY possibly know the Budget at Windsor.Now not ever being interviewed for a Managers job myself,I do not really know what goes on at Interviews.Maybe NICE GUY was interviewed and at the Interview, asked I presume what Budget was available for him to work his miracles with.or he was told what Money was available.NICE GUY THE NET IS CLOSING IN ON YOU!!!!!!!!

Smudge whats this got to do with my post

Hi all

First of all not sure this will help and my be not even welcomed by some and certainly will cause those who know me to chuckle as this is not the norm for me ... my name is Colin Fallaize and I am involved in guernsey Fc working as a coach assisting Tony Vance (GFC Manager)

Just so everybody is straight on GFC playing/coaching side ...no one and no one gets paid yes we do get our flights paid and if we stay overnight i.e. midweek or weekend the club pays our hotel accommodation

Each player pays £25 signing on fee and this gives us a track suit to travel in a training warm up kit of shirt shorts and socks we pay for any replacements or extras ourselves

Any food/ drink / supplements pre game or post game is paid for by us (coaches players) and anytime off work we have we negotiate with employers or for those self employed potentially lose time Other expenses like airport car parking fees paid for by ourselves

We are happy with these arrangements and complain not

Can Guernsey sustain themselves over the next seasons who knows but we believe we can give all aspects a good go

We are very priveliged to have been given the opportunity to join you in div 1 Cherry Reds Combined counties and have learned a great deal along the way so far as well as making a few mistakes...

It goes without saying we are really enjoying participating in what is ( non league football) obviously the real heart beat of English football I do realise that some real rubbish is posted from time to time from our side of the water as there is from yours but if there is any sensible questions that people would like to ask from time to time re GFC and as long as my position allows I will be happy to try and answer... my email is colinfallaize@cwgsy.net

Unfortunately time does not allow for regular visits to forum but I am informed of any interesting posts from time to time :-)

keep up the good work folks because you all add to that amazing non league heart beat

Regards Colin Fallaize

Thanks Colin for byour comments above and welcome to the CCL website.

I do have one question which baffles me somewhat, so hopefully you can reply with honesty.

We are all aware that your Sporting Bet sponsorship pays for your traveling and accomodation expenses etc.,But, GFC average attendance of lets say 1000 x £4 = £4000 + food, drink and merchandise. Can you tell me where that money goes then IF the players and management are NOT being paid ?

If I may offer a little more explanation, though less official than the one offered by Big Fal.

Remember that the income is from the home games only and your figure may not be entirely accurate, as the ticket prices are £1 for kids, £4 standing and £5 for Seated areas. The food and drinks suppliers around the pitch are third parties who are approved to vend, but the profits are theirs not GFCs. All other income is used to provide funding for the venue and services. I am not aware of any paid personnel at all, though some do merit it

If there is a surplus at the end of the year, it would be prudent to keep a healthy balance in the accounts, to sustain the solvency of the club, allow us to compete for as long as possible, and operate as an effective business proposition with high standards.

As part of the support structure, it is the nature of the people of Guernsey, and particularly those connected with Guernsey FC, that these things are done with pride to represent the Island and it's inhabitants, not for monetary gain. I can quote that from personal experience. If we get a get a slice of Guernsey Gache and a beer after the Game, knowing that the team have put in a good shift, that is payment enough.

Hi all

First of all not sure this will help and my be not even welcomed by some and certainly will cause those who know me to chuckle as this is not the norm for me ... my name is Colin Fallaize and I am involved in guernsey Fc working as a coach assisting Tony Vance (GFC Manager)

Just so everybody is straight on GFC playing/coaching side ...no one and no one gets paid yes we do get our flights paid and if we stay overnight i.e. midweek or weekend the club pays our hotel accommodation

Each player pays £25 signing on fee and this gives us a track suit to travel in a training warm up kit of shirt shorts and socks we pay for any replacements or extras ourselves

Any food/ drink / supplements pre game or post game is paid for by us (coaches players) and anytime off work we have we negotiate with employers or for those self employed potentially lose time Other expenses like airport car parking fees paid for by ourselves

We are happy with these arrangements and complain not

Can Guernsey sustain themselves over the next seasons who knows but we believe we can give all aspects a good go

We are very priveliged to have been given the opportunity to join you in div 1 Cherry Reds Combined counties and have learned a great deal along the way so far as well as making a few mistakes...

It goes without saying we are really enjoying participating in what is ( non league football) obviously the real heart beat of English football I do realise that some real rubbish is posted from time to time from our side of the water as there is from yours but if there is any sensible questions that people would like to ask from time to time re GFC and as long as my position allows I will be happy to try and answer... my email is colinfallaize@cwgsy.net

Unfortunately time does not allow for regular visits to forum but I am informed of any interesting posts from time to time :-)

keep up the good work folks because you all add to that amazing non league heart beat

Regards Colin Fallaize

Thanks Colin for byour comments above and welcome to the CCL website.

I do have one question which baffles me somewhat, so hopefully you can reply with honesty.

We are all aware that your Sporting Bet sponsorship pays for your traveling and accomodation expenses etc.,But, GFC average attendance of lets say 1000 x £4 = £4000 + food, drink and merchandise. Can you tell me where that money goes then IF the players and management are NOT being paid ?

If I may offer a little more explanation, though less official than the one offered by Big Fal.

Remember that the income is from the home games only and your figure may not be entirely accurate, as the ticket prices are £1 for kids, £4 standing and £5 for Seated areas. The food and drinks suppliers around the pitch are third parties who are approved to vend, but the profits are theirs not GFCs. All other income is used to provide funding for the venue and services. I am not aware of any paid personnel at all, though some do merit it

If there is a surplus at the end of the year, it would be prudent to keep a healthy balance in the accounts, to sustain the solvency of the club, allow us to compete for as long as possible, and operate as an effective business proposition with high standards.

As part of the support structure, it is the nature of the people of Guernsey, and particularly those connected with Guernsey FC, that these things are done with pride to represent the Island and it's inhabitants, not for monetary gain. I can quote that from personal experience. If we get a get a slice of Guernsey Gache and a beer after the Game, knowing that the team have put in a good shift, that is payment enough.

Thank you Panth. I forgot to mention the profit from the programmes which I imagine is not that vast. So you are saying Panth that it is your interpretation that GFC officers, personel, management, and players do not get paid and the travel + accododation is sponsored and paid for ? Well GFC have to be a healthy club 17 league games @ lets say then £3500 = £59,500 PLUS cup games Ash and forthcoming Guildford so @ £7000 + thats a hefty total of £66500.00 this season..............and no-one gets paid ?

Nice Guy,do not think Maths is your best subject.40 flights and Hotel Accomodation, + Coach Hire,to complete a season = £1662.50p per trip at your figures.22 people minimum travel ,cost per head at your figures = £75.50p.What a bargain price you must admit.IF ONLY THEY ONLY HAD HOME GAMES.

Nice Guy,do not think Maths is your best subject.40 flights and Hotel Accomodation, + Coach Hire,to complete a season = £1662.50p per trip at your figures.22 people minimum travel ,cost per head at your figures = £75.50p.What a bargain price you must admit.IF ONLY THEY ONLY HAD HOME GAMES.

Read carefully, Sporting Bet apparently sponsors (ie) pays for the travel and accomodation not Guernsey FC !

But not equipment, kit, and pitch rental or maintenance I imagine NG.

SF, kit paid for by sponsor Sporting Bet, the pitch rental and maintenance must be shared by both the football and rugby club, I would have thought. Equipment I assume, training equipment, most probably brought by GFC but not that expensive compared to the revenue income. Not sure where Guernsey train, so they may have to pay for that but then again they may not ?

If people involved in the club say they dont get paid then I believe them, why would they lie.

There is also private security at the games due to the crowd number which Guernsey FC would pay for, season tickets and the half season tickets will also mean that less is generated, and there are a lot of kids that attend who would only pay £1. Plus if there is any surplus it would seem wise to keep some back as the sponsership money may not always be there in the future, I would also hope that the club are putting money aside for ground upgrades if we do manage to progress up the pyramid.

My point exactly BD, who knows what they future holds and what sort of bank balance will be required. Better to plough the cash into the club coffers than to go into administration at the first sign of real expense. Personally, I am happy doing my bit as a volunteer, but there are a few people at the club that put a huge amount of effort into the club at a training and administrative level, to guarantee that we have an income source and a relatively high standard of football. Those people would deserve, in my mind, some level of payment for their efforts if the club could sustain it. But as far as I am aware, no such payments are made. We love Guernsey FC, and we love doing what we do because of that. It's only the cynics that question our legitimacy.