Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results (Monday 27th February, Tuesday 28th February & Wednesday 29th February)

Tuesday 28th February

PREMIER DIVISION

0-3 Tring Athletic v Royston Town

Both sides of the story:

http://www.tafc.co.uk/report.php?fixture_id=1758

http://www.roystontownfc.co.uk/match-reports/match-report-royston-town-v-broxbourne-borough-2/

Great video ColdEnd. Glad I can see the goals even though I wasnt there.

When I got back to the club around half ten, NF was still there, nursing a London Pride and eyeing up the leftover sarnies.

Bicknell, everyone at my club after you left gave you and your club great credit and said you were dignified in defeat. Sorry I didnt get the chance to meet you. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Jonno

I have sympathy with Ampthill for having to trek over to Hoddesdon in midweek for such an important game. Rush hour traffic on the M1 and associated roads is a nightmare! Hope the League show mercy re the delayed K.O.

To be fair that's what a Secretary is for to keep one step ahead of the game at all times, have Haringey Borough ever been late getting to an away game, I shouldn't think so

You are right Rhodes, our secretary should have foreseen there would be an accident on the M25, he should also have told all our players employees they finish work at 2pm.

Eric.....Rhodes has your card marked

Great footage TCE....on another day Ampthill could have easy scored a few and that looked a nailed on pen for me!

What a great goal the 3rd was!

Good to see Dean Barker back as well, dont know the guy but ive heard he has had some injury problems in the past so its nice to see him playing again.

Half Times

0-0 Hadley v Aylesbury United

Satisfying enough first half, Aylesbury played some good football at times, but Hadley have had the better chances

0-0 Chesham United Reserves v Bedford

Edited by Karen Browne

I have sympathy with Ampthill for having to trek over to Hoddesdon in midweek for such an important game. Rush hour traffic on the M1 and associated roads is a nightmare! Hope the League show mercy re the delayed K.O.

To be fair that's what a Secretary is for to keep one step ahead of the game at all times, have Haringey Borough ever been late getting to an away game, I shouldn't think so

Rhodes , the reason for the delay was that due to an accident junction 25 of the m25 was shut,the only warning we had was a flashing sign on the M1 saying congestion on the exit slip road at junc 25. There was no other warning , had the highways agency broadcast the total closure of the junction,we could have left the motorway at junction 24. Anyway we lost the game fair and square, on another night we would have at least drawn that game on the possession and chances we had. We will now have to concentrate on winning our games in hand.

Here are the match highlights of the Hoddesdon Town v Ampthill Town game including all three goals... Jamie Brandon's goal for Hoddy was a brilliant strike.

First time i've seen Ampthill this season and to their credit they never gave up.... but Hoddy were better side on the night.

Team line ups and formations are on the cold end as well as a little report - link below.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7yMs7zJ1kw&noredirect=1

Is it a one off but Ampthill seem a bit of a long ball team

0-1 Chesham United Reserves v Bedford

62 mins: GOAL! 0-1 Hadley v Aylesbury United = Acheampong picks the ball up, plays a slick one-two before slotting past Garland

0-2 Chesham United Reserves v Bedford

90 mins: GOAL! 0-2 Hadley v Aylesbury United - SPECIAL EFFORT from Stacey Field... just inside the Hadley area, without thinking clean lobs the keeper!

FT: 0-2 Hadley v Aylesbury United -: Supreme defensive effort and two well taken goals, the second truly memorable

FT: 0-3 Welwyn Garden City v Stony Stratford Town - Citizens have two players sent off.

FT: 0-2 Chesham United Reserves v Bedford

Edited by Karen Browne

Wednesday 29th February

PREMIER DIVISION

0-2 Hadley v Aylesbury United

DIVISION ONE

0-2 Chesham United Reserves v Bedford

0-3 Welwyn Garden City v Stony Stratford Town

RESERVE DIVISION ONE

3-1 Oxhey Jets Reserves v Wodson Park Reserves

RESERVE DIVISION TWO

4-1 Ampthill Town Reserves v New Bradwell St Peter Reserves

Great highlights, would've come and said hello if I'd knew you were there. Me and Horace feature at 5:30 walking back behind the far goal coffee in hand....

Wednesday 29th February

PREMIER DIVISION

0-2 Hadley v Aylesbury United

Was that Hadley’s first defeat since the new regime took over at the Club:

http://www.aylesburyunitedfc.co.uk/lastmatch

Great work Cold End. Like Neutralfan, would have come over and said hello if I'd known it was you!

Thanks for all the comments re hoddy v Ampthill game. There are more highlights coming up with WGC'S game against Stony Stratford Town that'll i'll get done sometime tonight or tomorrow when I get time!!

Game included a 2nd yellow card that IMO should of been straight red for Wgc and a late challenge from a Stony player that angered Wgc as the ref only gave booking. Prob should of been red too.

And a controversial penalty decision?

Wgc finished with 9 men.

Stay tuned for the highlights.

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS OF WELWYN GARDEN CITY V STONY STRATFORD TOWN ARE now on THE COLD END (link below)....it won't let me copy the you tube embebed bit over to here at the moment so you'll have to click on the link to see them.

As stated incident packed but here is a guide for ones which may interest you -

1) From 4mins 15secs on the video - Welwyn's number 8 received a second yellow for this challenge just outside the box. Arguably it could of been a straight red??

2) From 7mins 55secs on the video - A penalty kick to Stony Stratford Town? Have a watch to see if you think it was or not?

3) From 11mins 20secs on the video - Challenge by a Stony Stratford player right at the end of the game which angered many of the home players, management and fans. The Stony player received a yellow card?

As i've writen as well -

"The above talking points are in no way meant to bash or criticise the officials on the night. The Cold End has always been a firm supporter of referees and the ultra tough job they have, we have the luxury of video footage and replays to make our minds up. They have a split second to make what could be a game changing decision during the 90 minutes. Support our referees as without them there will be no games played!"

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS OF WELWYN GARDEN CITY V STONY STRATFORD TOWN ARE now on THE COLD END (link below)....it won't let me copy the you tube embebed bit over to here at the moment so you'll have to click on the link to see them.

As stated incident packed but here is a guide for ones which may interest you -

1) From 4mins 15secs on the video - Welwyn's number 8 received a second yellow for this challenge just outside the box. Arguably it could of been a straight red??

2) From 7mins 55secs on the video - A penalty kick to Stony Stratford Town? Have a watch to see if you think it was or not?

3) From 11mins 20secs on the video - Challenge by a Stony Stratford player right at the end of the game which angered many of the home players, management and fans. The Stony player received a yellow card?

As i've writen as well -

"The above talking points are in no way meant to bash or criticise the officials on the night. The Cold End has always been a firm supporter of referees and the ultra tough job they have, we have the luxury of video footage and replays to make our minds up. They have a split second to make what could be a game changing decision during the 90 minutes. Support our referees as without them there will be no games played!"

Well said

1. Yellow but couldn't argue against red if given if you know what I mean.

2. Pen

3. Yellow