Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Midweek Fixtures & Results (Tuesday 6th & Wednesday 7th March)

Winslow Boy - Well that's what home advantage is all about in football isn't it, it's like when Stoke play away and the home Club re-paint the touchline's as near to the stand as possible so Rory Delap only has a short run up for throw ins, it's all about unsettling the opposition which is what London Colney didn't like that evening

OD's - Well how do you explain Holmer Green happily playing the scheduled fixture at the so called Hidden Gem on Monday 19 April 2010 when London Colney didn't want to know two days later. Experienced Referee Mr Dave Clement didn't have any problem whatsover for the Holmer Green game and everyone just rolled up their sleeves and got on with it unlike London Colney who didn't want to know and you could see as soon as they arrived were only concerned about dropping points in what was a very tight promotion race, sheepishly suggesting to play at Cotlandswick the following night.

Rhodes - I am only reporting what we found when we got there. If Tok were a proper club, they would have informed us before we travelled, as it was a midweek game, so a wasted journey.

My second post of the night, i was the manager of London Colney that night, you again appear to be a little light on the facts, when i arrived that night at the hidden gem the only other person at the the ground was Terry Springer your chairman. To start with there was 100 tonnes of earth and rubble dumped in the car park and 3 dumped cars. I also think the seats had been removed from the stand, The changing rooms floors were soaking wet where they your chairman had swept away the backfilled sewage from the showers, and they stunk of sewage and had a massive hole in the door and wall.

The pitch was baked dry with around 40% of the pitch lacking any grass, it was unrolled, so had baked dry with spikes of mud in places, it had 3 areas with deep cracks and no grass, it had three patches of sand that some one attempted to cover some of the other cracks. On the far side it had double marked lines that started a yard apart at the top of the pitch and joined up 70 yards down the touchline. It had no penalty spot at one end and the pitch was not marked correctly one penalty area was bigger that the other end. What grass there was varied from long tufts to nothing. The scaffold poles that served as the pitch surrounds were 3 ft away from the edge of the pitch in places. I also think there was also some doubt it the pitch was actually wide enough, hence the reason why the touchline was so close to the scaffold pole fence, if you want the pictures to jog your memory, i still have them somewhere, I can go on about the other things wrong with the ground if you so require.

Cliff you actually walked on to the pitch in your role as programme sec clutching your plastic bag, and your point about the referee calling the game off and under pressure is also untrue, if you remember the referee was late arriving, stuck in traffic on the M40, the assts that had arrived rung the referee to report the pitch to the referee and to check on his whereabouts and to alert him of the potential problems, We were actually warming up on the pitch when he arrived.

If you remember we had a full squad of players and had arrived on a midweek night on back of one defeat in 30 games, we went onto win 2 cups and also lost on pens in the challenge final, quite why you feel we would not want to play you i cannot understand, the fact was the pitch was totally unplayable, and this has been backed up by other posters.

Sadly i wasnt around when you removed from Colneys clubhouse last season, but hopefully reading this may halt your endless sniping at something you know was unacceptable at football of any level.

My second post of the night, i was the manager of London Colney that night, you again appear to be a little light on the facts, when i arrived that night at the hidden gem the only other person at the the ground was Terry Springer your chairman. To start with there was 100 tonnes of earth and rubble dumped in the car park and 3 dumped cars. I also think the seats had been removed from the stand, The changing rooms floors were soaking wet where they your chairman had swept away the backfilled sewage from the showers, and they stunk of sewage and had a massive hole in the door and wall.

The pitch was baked dry with around 40% of the pitch lacking any grass, it was unrolled, so had baked dry with spikes of mud in places, it had 3 areas with deep cracks and no grass, it had three patches of sand that some one attempted to cover some of the other cracks. On the far side it had double marked lines that started a yard apart at the top of the pitch and joined up 70 yards down the touchline. It had no penalty spot at one end and the pitch was not marked correctly one penalty area was bigger that the other end. What grass there was varied from long tufts to nothing. The scaffold poles that served as the pitch surrounds were 3 ft away from the edge of the pitch in places. I also think there was also some doubt it the pitch was actually wide enough, hence the reason why the touchline was so close to the scaffold pole fence, if you want the pictures to jog your memory, i still have them somewhere, I can go on about the other things wrong with the ground if you so require.

Cliff you actually walked on to the pitch in your role as programme sec clutching your plastic bag, and your point about the referee calling the game off and under pressure is also untrue, if you remember the referee was late arriving, stuck in traffic on the M40, the assts that had arrived rung the referee to report the pitch to the referee and to check on his whereabouts and to alert him of the potential problems, We were actually warming up on the pitch when he arrived.

If you remember we had a full squad of players and had arrived on a midweek night on back of one defeat in 30 games, we went onto win 2 cups and also lost on pens in the challenge final, quite why you feel we would not want to play you i cannot understand, the fact was the pitch was totally unplayable, and this has been backed up by other posters.

Sadly i wasnt around when you removed from Colneys clubhouse last season, but hopefully reading this may halt your endless sniping at something you know was unacceptable at football of any level.

Wisezola - It seems Rhodes does not have a clue. Apart from our game being called off after we got there. This game was the rescheduled game that was called off earlier in the season. The same scenario nearly occured again. That game was yet again called off after we had started to travel and the squad was only 15 minutes from the ground and had to turn round . It took Tok so long to get a pitch inspection, we were hanging around all morning to see what was going on. Most clubs are well organised and get their house in order. Very poor.

Posts like Wizeola's should be posted in a thread called "Rhodes Myths Debunked" and pinned at the top of the board.

Wednesday 7th March

PREMIER DIVISION

5-0 AFC Dunstable v Berkhamsted

A report on this one from another Forum:

AFC Dunstable (blue/blue/blue) 5 – 0 Berkhamsted (white & black sleeves/black/black) Attendance: tba please

I didn’t enjoy watching Berkhamsted earlier in the season. Although they beat Hatfield Town rather easily, they scored two early goals then, coasted through the rest of the game. AFC Dunstable hold third place, just below their landlords, but always play an attacking game. This match was no exception, as they swept aside Berkhamsted’s strong challenge. Berkhamsted did not help themselves with a very undisciplined opening, giving away numerous free-kicks and a penalty kick to get AFC Dunstable off the mark. An old-fashioned punt up the field set up AFC Dunstable’s second goal and after the break three more goals were added. Berkhamsted came out hard again in the second half, but plenty of effort was wasted, because at no time did they settle. AFC Dunstable’s fifth goal came from a delightful 40 yard chip.

Tabby is all heart. ‘Enjoy Dunstabubble and look forward to more catatonic inducing pearls’, he said. He is a little scamp and looking forward to Eurovision in a few weeks. He often sings along with Abba and knows all the words of Waterloo. Many is the time, he has drooled over Agnetha and Anni-Frid, blond or brunette, but did confess to me that Benny did make his tail wag.

Star Man: Graeme Buchanan (AFC Dunstable) Re Lanlords. The ground is now run by the local authority and both clubs are equal partners

Wednesday 7th March

DIVISION ONE

P-P Kentish Town v Bedford

A 'report' from another Forum, disgusting!

Kentish Town P-P Bedford

(@ Copthall Stadium)

Yesterday lunchtime as I sat in my office in Central London, I noticed it was peeing down with rain but then got sunny again later. I checked Mitoo, game was on.

Arrived at Copthall at 7:30 to find all the lights off and not a person there. Checked Mitoo on my phone, game off. Oops.

Will be back on Saturday to try and see a game here at the 5th attempt but you live and learn.

Tuesday 6th March

DIVISION ONE

3-1 London Lions v Langford

A report from another Forum:

Also visited a Spartan South Midlands League Match this evening.

London Lions 3 Langford 1

attendance:36

Admssion:£4.00 adults,£2.00 for my son.

Programme: 8 pages-free with admission.

A 7th v 9th match that had a goal from each side within the first 15 minutes and the Langford captain being sent off on 30 minutes for a supposedly two footed challenge (a very harsh decision by the lino).

With London Lions having the 1 man advantage for an hour it was only a matter of time before they got a winner,and two goals by Sam Sloma in the last 5 minutes gave them the much needed 3 points.

A freezing cold night waching a decent game of football and arsenal getting dumped out of europe at the same time.

Perfect.

A few photos of the match...http://www.flickr.com/...629528751073/detail/

Wednesday 7th March

DIVISION ONE

Kentish Town P-P Bedford

(@ Copthall Stadium)

Yesterday lunchtime as I sat in my office in Central London, I noticed it was peeing down with rain but then got sunny again later. I checked Mitoo, game was on.

Arrived at Copthall at 7:30 to find all the lights off and not a person there. Checked Mitoo on my phone, game off. Oops.

Will be back on Saturday to try and see a game here at the 5th attempt but you live and learn.

And yet you defend Tokyngton for wasting people's time on another friend. The only disgusting thing on here is you pal

Wednesday 7th March

DIVISION ONE

Kentish Town P-P Bedford

(@ Copthall Stadium)

For once Rhodes try and answer a direct question......What was discusting?

Wednesday 7th March

DIVISION ONE

Kentish Town P-P Bedford

(@ Copthall Stadium)

For once Rhodes try and answer a direct question......What was discusting?

nellie - What is 'discusting'? :D

And don't try using the edit button!

Kentish Town P-P Bedford

(@ Copthall Stadium)

Well for one a representative from the Club should have been at the ground until 7.45pm last Wednesday just incase some punters or so called groundhoppers happened to turn up, i doubt that this chap was the only one who had a wasted journey and it would have been a good for public relations purposes to face the music rather than just go straight home after the pitch inspection.

To be fair to Kentish Town.

The game was listed as off on Mitoo at around 4.45pm. If the groundhopper was that concerned about the amount of rain and conditions maybe he should have checked sooner rather than at lunchtime and again when he arrived at 7.30pm

To be fair to Kentish Town.

The game was listed as off on Mitoo at around 4.45pm. If the groundhopper was that concerned about the amount of rain and conditions maybe he should have checked sooner rather than at lunchtime and again when he arrived at 7.30pm

Well there you go, his own fault. And unlike Tokyngton at least they didn't waste a whole teams time and try to put people at risk now that is a disgrace

Kentish Town P-P Bedford

(@ Copthall Stadium)

Well for one a representative from the Club should have been at the ground until 7.45pm last Wednesday just incase some punters or so called groundhoppers happened to turn up, i doubt that this chap was the only one who had a wasted journey and it would have been a good for public relations purposes to face the music rather than just go straight home after the pitch inspection.

Rhodes the match was declared off at 2.20pm by a ref, the league, officials and opposition had all been informed as required well before 3.00pm. So as you can see KTFC did everything required of them.

As for a representative being at the ground........unlike you some of us have a life that we lead from time to time. If groundhoppers or punters (using your words) had intentions of attending then they could have rang the telephone numbers that so many of them did on the day in question and we could have explained to them.

Rhodes the match was declared off at 2.20pm by a ref

Well fair enough but then why wasn't the postponement put up on Football Mitoo until 4.45pm

Well fair enough but then why wasn't the postponement put up on Football Mitoo until 4.45pm

Who is to say it wasn't on Mitoo earlier, that is the time I noticed it and posted in the thread that the game was off.

Rhodes the match was declared off at 2.20pm by a ref

The postponement was put on mitoo and surely thats what matters?