Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Dorking FC

I have thanked Peter Buckers Buckland on the other thread.

Its a tough game but its now time to wish our new management team Simon Coffey and Steve Hurd all the best in their efforts for the rest of the season.

Whilst Hurdy is a gooner he has excellent man management qualities from what Ive seen at the matches, and has an eye for a footballer , and Simon knows what is needed in this Dorking side and who is capable of stepping up from U18s and elsewhere.

Between them and with some coaching help I hope from some others connected with the club I believe Chicks can get the confidence back to get enough points to stay safe this season.

The first job looks like getting a team out for the next game, having read the 9-0 report on Dorking website we went to camberley with just 12 players.

hmm 1968, boxing day and easter bank holiday games, dad and uncles taking me to the games, used to get a sniff of a brown ale in the evening star, then down to see a thirteen goal thriller i think trs grandad was videoing back then too...

horley was a village side, bookham were a junior sunday team and mole valley sutton cobham rangers were a subbuteo side.

redhill were our main rivals. leatherhead? pah....

whatever happened to virginia water? were they a proper side or a schoolboys snigger...

jumpers for goalposts,, marvellous isnt it?

Edited by thespursfan

hmm 1968, boxing day and easter bank holiday games, dad and uncles taking me to the games, used to get a sniff of a brown ale in the evening star, then down to see a thirteen goal thriller i think trs grandad was videoing back then too...

horley was a village side, bookham were a junior sunday team and mole valley sutton cobham rangers were a subbuteo side.

whatever happened to virginia water? were they a proper side or a schoolboys snigger...

Did you put a subbuteo side out on Saturday against Camberley lol :)

Did you put a subbuteo side out on Saturday against Camberley lol :)

great piece of journalism-just one thing missing-you forgot to add the DFC get out of jail relegation card.Must have a few left. :D

Just had our projected sqad for tonight against Windsor FC phoned through to me.

Interesting !

Everyone involved with DFC were very impressed with the lads performance last night.

Real fire and commitment against a very good Windsor side who threw all bar the kitchen sink at us.

Congratulations, Simon and Hurdy !! Keep it up.

Edited by Big J R

Agree with BJR, great battling performance last night. Could not have been more different from Saturday at Camberley. Some promising youngsters on show too.

Must say though, seen Windsor 3 times now (away games v Ash, Chessington & Dorking) and a bit disappointed. Certainly on those performances they are not in the same league as Guildford.

Agree with BJR, great battling performance last night. Could not have been more different from Saturday at Camberley. Some promising youngsters on show too.

Must say though, seen Windsor 3 times now (away games v Ash, Chessington & Dorking) and a bit disappointed. Certainly on those performances they are not in the same league as Guildford.

Without being disrespectiful, to be champions Windsor need to beat the basement teams. These games are where players can be found wanting as they should be totally focused, have full concentration and attitude comes in not to think that they only have to turn up to win, infact these are the more difficult games to motivate oneself.

Guildford on the other hand have beaten the basement clubs which is the reason and difference between 1st and 2nd.......at the moment !

Bit off topic, but still Dorking - I see Wanderers have gained planning permission for floodlights. With that news and the planned reorganisation, it may not be too long before we have Dorking FC v Dorking Wanderers league fixtures to look forward to....

I would not criticise Windsor for lacking in focus, concentration or attitude. as BJR said, we threw everything at them and Dorking defended as if their lives depended on it. We did not make their keeper work anywhere near hard enough in the second half and Dorking could so easily have nicked all 3 points in the last few minutes.

Dorking FC have taken 4 points off Windsor FC this season, which supports what you say NG

Without being disrespectiful, to be champions Windsor need to beat the basement teams. These games are where players can be found wanting as they should be totally focused, have full concentration and attitude comes in not to think that they only have to turn up to win, infact these are the more difficult games to motivate oneself.

Guildford on the other hand have beaten the basement clubs which is the reason and difference between 1st and 2nd.......at the moment !

It could be more a case of the basement teams raising their game when playing Windsor for some reason.

Maybe it's a lot to do with expectations but I have been as impressed by teams like Dorking, Croydon, Epsom & Ewell, Mole Valley and Chessington & Hook as I have by Egham, South Park, Molesey, Horley and Camberley.

Others might disagree but I don't think that is as a result of Windsor putting in less effort / having less focus against the lower teams - they've just (largely) snuffed us out very effectively.

It could be more a case of the basement teams raising their game when playing Windsor for some reason.

Hold on Roths, what makes you think that 'cos you are Windsor teams raise their games against you...the history ?

So are you saying that basement teams do NOT raise their game against Guildford wanting to beat the league leaders and champions elect ? Feeble excuse I'm afraid, you are looking in the wrong direction, I would look at the blame nearer to home, if I was you being the players and thinking basement clubs are easy pickings....this is a failing why I think Windsor will not be champions.

Maybe it's a lot to do with expectations but I have been as impressed by teams like Dorking, Croydon, Epsom & Ewell, Mole Valley and Chessington & Hook as I have by Egham, South Park, Molesey, Horley and Camberley.

Others might disagree but I don't think that is as a result of Windsor putting in less effort / having less focus against the lower teams - they've just (largely) snuffed us out very effectively.