Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support Fans Focus by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Message to the fans.

The club have prepared themselves for Mondays game,which,let's face it is probably our biggest home league game ever.

While preparations have been done we could still do with an extra few bodies to make everything run smoothly.

There should be a crowd of 1200 plus,would actually be surprised if it was as low as that with Billericay probably bringing down 4-500 fans.

We are still a few bodies light for matchday jobs so if you can help out with anything from car park to stewarding let us know.

The match will not be segregated although the Eastside terrace will be at least manned with a line of stewards just as a crowd control measure,it's the sensible thing to do but both sets of fans will be free to mingle with each other should they wish to.It is probably sensible to suggest that supporters on the Terraced Eastside of each club should try to stand in the area which the majority of their fans are congregated.It may be that a line of stewards is set half way down the eastside,not stopping supporters mingling but simply acting as a deterant just in case of any flashpoints.It must be pointed out that this fixture has no history of any trouble between the fans but with large crowds these things can happen in such high stake games and this is simply to prevent any such incident occurring.

I am confident the game will be a success whatever the result. It should be a beacon for all things good regarding non league football. Both teams and sets of fans are having a great season and it is fitting that we should both meet at this stage nearing the climax of a long hard season. As football fans it could not get any better.

It's a shame the weather forecast for the day is for heavy rain but I'm sure both sets of players and loyal fans will play their part in making it an enjoyable and memorable day. It would be good if both clubs could continue their rivalry next season both in the con. south.

Let the best team win,

Go on you Urchins.....................

The heavy rain could either mean fans stay away,or bring more in as they cant be bothered to go anywhere else.

To be fair we was supposed to get heavy downpours last Tuesday and Wednesday and it didn't really amount to much.At least we won't be playing on a dusty bouncy pitch like today's.

Will be a great day for ryman league football whatever the result. No need for segragation or any of that nonsense, i'm sure noone on either side is tit enough to start anything.

1200 would be a good crowd, but all i give a real stuff about is the result, as i'm sure do you.

I'm nervous

Agree,segregation isn't needed and I believe the club are keen to avoid it as it is after all a non league game.

However with such a large crowd it is obviously a precautionary measure to have stewards in the terrace area as both sets of fans will probably congregate there.

As for the size of the crowd,we may struggle with numbers for your average league game but we do pull in the big crowds for cup games which this could almost be classed as.1200 is a bit of a guess but I wouldn't be surprised if there was well over 1500 in attendance.

How many do you think you will bring??

We had a 1000 for this fixture a few seasons back and we just dealt

With it a great atmosphere I anticipate and in theory both sides to gain promotion to the the connie sarf

Woke up an hour ago, can't get back to sleep for thinking about Monday. Can Max get a playlist ready to include 'We are the Champions', as one team will be. And let's hope it's us.

Do we know who the match officials will be? So much at stake! Let's make it an advert for non-league football at its finest.

Sent from room 133 in the Travelodge at North Shields.

And maybe now I can get back to sleep.

Edited by paokman

Woke up an hour ago, can't get back to sleep for thinking about Monday.

And i cant sleep for worrying about you being in the hell hole that is North Shields.....hope you double bolted the door, put a wardrobe against it a nd checked the windows! ;)

Woke up an hour ago, can't get back to sleep for thinking about Monday.

And i cant sleep for worrying about you being in the hell hole that is North Shields.....hope you double bolted the door, put a wardrobe against it and checked the windows! ;)

Wife caught me posting at 4am, thinks I'm mad

Derek,you sound a bit like Alan partridge,do you have a damaged hand

I do have Dupitrons tho'

Woke up an hour ago, can't get back to sleep for

thinking about Monday.

And i cant sleep for worrying about you being in the hell hole that is North Shields.....hope you double bolted the door, put a wardrobe against it and checked the windows! ;)

Yep. Some go to Florida, or cruise in the Caribbean or safari in Namibia. I end up having to ask at reception for a fourth pillow and second towel for a double room where all the drawers are glued or screwed shut to help the cleaners. Ho hum

Putting all the Forum [censored] to one side, this is a fantastic fixture for the two sets of fans who, I suspect, beneath the banter actually have a lot of respect for each other. That 1K+ crowd for our visit to The Bridge a couple of years back went without a hitch. Whilst there may be a lot at stake this time it's no more than our Play-off final with Bromley. That wasn't segregated either and had a really friendly atmosphere.

There's a big responsibilty on the officials to put on a good, preferably "hands off", performance to ensure no flashpoints & a bigger responsibility on those that appoint the officials to get the right men for the job in place.

I always enjoy coming to your place & can't see why Monday should be any different. Just make sure you've got enough Bar Staff working!

as For Stewarding, i Guess its a Precaution And Will Have No Hassel, As For The Game, it Should Be The Non League Game of The Year, And For The Person Who Said it Was Going To Rain, BBC Forecasts A Clear Sky Sunny Day, Just Have To Wait And See on The Day, Cannot Wait Til Monday Now, Just Cannot Wait Like Most of The Passionate Supporters From Both Clubs...